Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: The Daily Quest - Will You Play WildStar if it goes F2P/B2P?

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Even if they went f2p or b2p, there going to have to put it up on steam, if they want a rush of people, so people have other people to play with.
  • muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171

Not me. I played WS during almost the entire CB, which was free, and still lost interest.  It's pretty enough I guess, but imho I think WoW on ultra settings looks better than WS.  Call me an apostate or what have you for saying that, but I was not impressed with what I felt were overly-cartoony environments.

And that irritating running animation....I know that may sound like a small thing, but after about 20 hours of watching my character swing her arms wildly while she be-bopped on along, I was ready to uninstall, lol. 

Don't get me wrong, I can see why WS appealed to a lot of folks, but I think it's fairly evident that its staying power was basically nil.  Now a game that seems to have some serious elitism going on will get an influx of f2p'ers, which generally includes large numbers of tire-kickers and 12-year-olds.  I'm not psychic but I would postulate that this will make the raiding even harder to find groups for.  Not the fate anyone wanted to see, really.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

If it went F2P, I'd try it for sure.

B2P, probably not, unless it's on sale for like $10 or so.

Personally I hope it goes B2P because it is my favorite game monetization style so far, but not particularly interested in wildstar in the first place (if it goes B2P a free trial might convince me *wink wink*), but I'd like to support them. However, being in Venezuela means that I can't spend more than $300 online because of legal restrictions, and I already plan on buying the GW2 expansion and other things I need before the year end (a battery for my laptop, replacement screen for my wife's cell phone, some christmas gifts for my son...), and I already have very little free time to game as it is and it's mostly already taken by GW2 and TSW, so I wouldn't play that much to begin with, which is why I'd get it but only for cheap, not because I don't think it might be worth much more.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• KagnestiKagnesti Member UncommonPosts: 37
    will play it only if it goes free to play due to all the failures that NCsoft has given the players in USA
  • DreycraftDreycraft Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I like Wildstar, it's a fun game with a great personality, and the very cartoony art style works with the world they've created. It'd be an extremely weird game with that personality combined with a realistic art style, and not in a good way. But I'm just not a fan of the telegraphs, and I'm just enjoying ESO way too much to play two mmorpgs at once, that's why I put down WoW as well. So no I won't pick it back up, but I wish it the best.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I couldn't get into any of the classes so it's a no for me. This is usually my first "line of defense" if you will. If i don't like any of the classes then i don't care how good or bad the rest of the game is.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    As a person who does not play a "rotation" of MMOs the answer would be no.

But even if that wasn't the case, I decided long ago that WSs gameplay is not something I would enjoy and the change in payment model has no impact on that decision.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I think their best chance to get me to play is send me a job opportunity.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    No.
  • EzRdrEzRdr Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I already bought it so I'll go back with no sub.
  • BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Alders
    I couldn't get into any of the classes so it's a no for me. This is usually my first "line of defense" if you will. If i don't like any of the classes then i don't care how good or bad the rest of the game is.

All of the classes feel exactly the same to me. I really kind of hate the action-combat style they utilize in WS. After giving the game a second look I will admit I somewhat enjoy the Medic, but it's literally the only class I can stomach.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Yes, I would... but I still hate the cartoony graphics.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Me?    Nope.

I left WildStar last year right after release because I couldn't play the game anymore due to acute medical problems with my hands, wrists, and lower arms that occurred due to playing the game. As soon as I stopped playing my symptoms diminished over a few weeks and then vanished. I have never had any problems like that while playing a PC game. (I don't play console games so for all I know I would have a problem with them).

For me it doesn't matter what funding system WildStar has, game is off the table for me. I liked the game but my body hated it.... quite literally.

• Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I would definitely play it, if it went buy to play.  I seriously don't like the F2P model for a lot of games because so much stuff gets put behind a money wall so if it does what ESO just did I would be perfectly fine with it.
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by EzRdr
    I already bought it so I'll go back with no sub.

Same here. I would probably go back and play from time to time, but not remotely serious. If it becomes F2P with some scam tactics (SWTOR) then no.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Me?    Nope.

I left WildStar last year right after release because I couldn't play the game anymore due to acute medical problems with my hands, wrists, and lower arms that occurred due to playing the game. As soon as I stopped playing my symptoms diminished over a few weeks and then vanished. I have never had any problems like that while playing a PC game. (I don't play console games so for all I know I would have a problem with them).

For me it doesn't matter what funding system WildStar has, game is off the table for me. I liked the game but my body hated it.... quite literally.

I'm several years older than you and I found to avoid injuries while playing newer video games it's best not to use a pong controller. :) I use a Logitech G13 Gamepad and a Logitech G600 mouse to keybind a lot of buttons for easier access. In most games this is pretty helpful but WS has a more streamlined action bar than most. I'm not real sure where your injuries would have come from, but I hope the best for you!

Personally I love the combat in this game. Did you try playing the Warrior? If you think about coming back try playing it! Medic is probably my favorite class but it involves a lot more movement. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

Having played WS, I'd probably at least keep it installed on my system. However, I don't see many players returning because of F2P. It probably wasn't the sub that cause them to quit in the first place.

It would, however, bring in new players, who aren't level 50. Which is what the game desparately needs. Right now, two of four "megaservers" are completely dead, and queue timers for both PvP and PvE are reported to be ... less than abysmal.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

To answer, knowing NC Soft they will likely make the game Pay 2 Win or Pay 2 Enjoy.

So likely I would quit the game not as if I play the game anyways because I don't like the design.

If the game went Buy 2 Play, and had a cash shop similar to ESO, GW2, and Rift, without the Pay 2 Win aspects, or Pay 2 Enjoy aspect I would play the game maybe on and off not hard though.

• ElthiumElthium Member UncommonPosts: 88
    I played it during the free beta so no, the combat is woeful to say the least.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    I loved Wildstar, but at the end there was too much lag, mainly in crowded areas. But main reason I actually left was decision of theirs to make game button masher by allowing only 7 or 8 active keys as I remember. Even without lag I would stop to play for this reason.
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I will probably play it if it was B2P or F2P, the thing is I'm enjoying the repopulation(alpha state) more than anything else because its pure sandbox and the fact that its B2P/F2P just makes it that much more attracting but even if the repopulation had a subscription model like SWG had 15 a month I would definetly do that I have no problem with subscriptions at all. In fact I prefer subscriptions, but comparing which mmo I'd rather subscribe for is obvious, I'd rather sub to the repopulation.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.
  • ZutchZutch Member UncommonPosts: 62
    i would play it yes, but only when they improve the client, it's horrible, the game is extremely underwhelming on how it uses  resources.
  • jldevezasjldevezas Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I might buy it, but only if I get bored of Elder Scrolls Online and Guild Wars 2 (which I've currently stopped playing, but might pick back up after the expansion is released). If it's F2P, I'll definitely go back and play a little bit.
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

BTW, for the ultra poor, G2A has it for 10-12$......

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by Salute
    Originally posted by ziuta69

i  think I might try it once more if it goes free to play. I  took a part on  beta release but left after a few hours. Those themeparks are tirin g me so much sadly. Anyway -  I hope it was updated alot by   this year and will give much more fun than last time.

I guess new servers will be popping now, or?

Game has changed a lot since launch and its in a very good state anymore. Drop 5 is coming in a few days with even more content and additions like pets, toys, contracts, D3 like wardrobe, raid, zone, new UI etc.

There are 2 megaserervers in each region. 1 PvP + 1 PvE so there wont be new servers.

Drop 5 in a few days?  Link please... 

I tried the trial a little over 6 or so weeks ago and enjoyed the game..  I'm now subbed..

If the game went B2P I'd be ok, but if the game went F2P I'd leave..

While F2P brings in some decent players, it brings in more of the dross from the gaming society..  They have no layalty to the game and therefore do not foster community.  They are only there to see what they can get for nothing when they feel like it, and to cap it off they start screaming in the forums if paying players get more than them..

Freeloading arseholes !

Cheers