Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar Going B2P / F2P?

13»

Comments

• AustrianAustrian Member UncommonPosts: 72

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by RedAlert539 Regardless of what this site suggests will happen or not, i think that Wildstar was the last true attempt of a major company to literally create a WoW 2. I really hope that these companies have learned their lesson by now and will try to stir away from that trend in the future.
    This game is nothing like WoW other then a shared art style. The combat is so different a trinity WoW fan would not enjoy WS. PvP plays so different as well. Questing is not even the same, with pop up quests, Ship missions. I could go on and on but if you think this is a WoW clone, you ether didnt play WoW or you didnt play WS.

The delivery might be a 'little bit' different but its structure is really a WoW clone. You level up, you grind for gear, you do dailies, and you either raid or pvp. Pretty much the same structure as WoW.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Originally posted by Austrian

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Originally posted by RedAlert539 Regardless of what this site suggests will happen or not, i think that Wildstar was the last true attempt of a major company to literally create a WoW 2. I really hope that these companies have learned their lesson by now and will try to stir away from that trend in the future.
    This game is nothing like WoW other then a shared art style. The combat is so different a trinity WoW fan would not enjoy WS. PvP plays so different as well. Questing is not even the same, with pop up quests, Ship missions. I could go on and on but if you think this is a WoW clone, you ether didnt play WoW or you didnt play WS.

The delivery might be a 'little bit' different but its structure is really a WoW clone. You level up, you grind for gear, you do dailies, and you either raid or pvp. Pretty much the same structure as WoW.

It's pretty much identical to WoW, except for the combat. I mean ... It's made by the people who made WoW, wasn't it? I guess that's why itemization was so terrible at launch. 

It was more different than WoW at launch, having an attunement process (yes, I know WoW USE to have it) and semi-difficult content, but now it really has neither one of those.

• EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

I've been playing casually with a friend for a couple of months and we've been having a blast. But when we hit max level I don't see it warranting the sub cost to continue. So I would love to see it go B2P.

Given how much it cost to develop I don't see them just throwing in the towel. I think they will try a couple of different business models first...

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

What amazes me is the amount of denial on the official forums -it's beyond everything i have ever seen in that regard. For month these guys preach "the game is doing great, servers are full, Wildstar has a great future ahead, don't F2P!!".

I have absolutely never seen a game's playerbase being so out of touch with reality.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by Volgore
    What amazes me is the amount of denial on the official forums -it's beyond everything i have ever seen in that regard. For month these guys preach "the game is doing great, servers are full, Wildstar has a great future ahead, don't F2P!!".I have absolutely never seen a game's playerbase being so out of touch with reality.

Fanboys gonna fanboys.

I play and sub to the game and I really like. WOuld I like it to stay P2P, of course I would, but if you can't see the writing on the wall that F2P/B2B is coming soon, then I don't know what to tell ya.