Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The story, the atmosphere, the gameplay....

GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Regardless of how you feel about the game, to me, the graphics; the storyline; the atmosphere of the zones,and especially the gameplay; everything fits with the theme and pace of this epic game. 

I play other games when I could be playing FFXIV from time to time, sure, but this game captures my attention and emotions like no other MMO available.

Call Squeenix greedy for whatever reasons. YoshiP and the development team is showing way more enthusiasm and competence than any other MMO on the market. 

Heavensward is nearing. Soon we cast our grief and fear to the sky. 

Comments

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    For folks that like story (and don't necessarily need every cutscene voiced) this game really delivers in my opinion.  It's really the driving reason I continue to play it because if it weren't for wanting to know what happens in the "next episode" I'd probably be playing a lot more single player or coop games.
  • gasperkgasperk Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by nbtscan
    For folks that like story (and don't necessarily need every cutscene voiced) this game really delivers in my opinion.  It's really the driving reason I continue to play it because if it weren't for wanting to know what happens in the "next episode" I'd probably be playing a lot more single player or coop games.

Agreed. And i kinda like it that there are only mayor quests that are voiced because that way it doesnt feel forced on you. It makes it more relaxed. I hated SWTOR for voicing everything, even boring quests, which most of them were. It was just annoying.

And the story of Eorzea is awesome and rich. :) And the pace with which it is told is fantastic, just right. :)

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    /agreed   Love the game staying for a long time.  
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

i agree , plus the OST is awesome (like every FF)

Cant wait for Heavensward :) 2 months to go ^^

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Yeah you can tell this game is made by a company with decades of experience. The overall quality off FFXIV is just higher than any mmorpg out right now.