Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a f2p that isin't heavilty pay2win

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
Any suggestions? I am kinda looking for a f2p mmorpg to play but so many seem to be heavily pay2win. I am not picky about graphics if the gameplay is there. I'd even play a browser mmo if its decent and not overly pay2win like most of them seem to be.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Siveria
    Any suggestions? I am kinda looking for a f2p mmorpg to play but so many seem to be heavily pay2win. I am not picky about graphics if the gameplay is there. I'd even play a browser mmo if its decent and not overly pay2win like most of them seem to be.

dunno if you're trolling but there is plenty on the market

incuding B2P games

Tera, ESO, Aion, Rift, Trove, SWTOR, GW2... it all really depends on what you like.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I've played most of those.. Does Trove have any point to it yet?

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

or

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543

Istaria.

An old game. Pure PvE, player-driven economy. Free players can play Human race only (no Dryads or Fiends) and cannot own plots. Community is small, but friendly and helpfull.

Paying players can choose any race, including might Dragons, own plot of land and have more Consigment slots.

Lotro became pay to win (1,5 months of grind to use lvl.25-40 of weapon...or pay 300 euros) , cannot reccomend it.

Other games - depends on your taste. You could also try Everquest, Everquest II. if you enjoy Diablo type of controls and graphics - reccomend Path of Exile. For some adult content (running with 1/2 of bikini) and a bit gore - Age of Conan.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by mbrodie

dunno if you're trolling but there is plenty on the market

incuding B2P games

Tera, ESO, Aion, Rift, Trove, SWTOR, GW2... it all really depends on what you like.

Could also try EVE Online although that game requires a subscription to start with -unless you can afford a timecode after you complete the free trial ofc-  but it can be played for free if you have the ingame funds to buy timecodes whenever you want. Should be very easy if you got enough gray mass and are using it.

But that game isn't level based, is a sci fi game and a 100% sandbox, so kinda depends where your interests are.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    I've played most of those.. Does Trove have any point to it yet?

it always did.. as much as minecraft, terreria etc...

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Given that the "win" in P2W has become synonymous with "accelerated progression", you may struggle to find many F2P games where it's not possible to significantly speed-up progression by paying real money.

That is the core principle of F2P game design, after all. They offer highly desirable (but optional) things for sale, otherwise nobody would feel tempted to buy anything.

At the same time, the game avoids the "official "P2W label", because everything CAN be earned via normal game play. It just takes slightly longer than the average gamer can endure. Not obviously longer, that wouldn't work. The initial impression must always be that the player could probably achieve everything for free. By the time they realise that they've bitten-off more than they can chew, the temptation to hit the Cash Shop must be overwhelmingly strong...

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Given that the "win" in P2W has become synonymous with "accelerated progression", you may struggle to find many F2P games where it's not possible to significantly speed-up progression by paying real money.

That is the core principle of F2P game design, after all. They offer highly desirable (but optional) things for sale, otherwise nobody would feel tempted to buy anything.

At the same time, the game avoids the "official "P2W label", because everything CAN be earned via normal game play. It just takes slightly longer than the average gamer can endure. Not obviously longer, that wouldn't work. The initial impression must always be that the player could probably achieve everything for free. By the time they realise that they've bitten-off more than they can chew, the temptation to hit the Cash Shop must be overwhelmingly strong...

By pay2win I mean buying gear, or items used to upgrade said gear, that sort of stuff. I don't mind stuff to speed up progression since every game has a level cap usually.

or