Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So pvp test ladder...

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

The "test" in this ongoing event has to stand for testing the players' patience.

In the beginning  you would get points for winning and losing would get you nothing of course.

People played a lot - quickly got to the higher ranks and then - Anet changed the mechanics so you will lose points when you lose a match.

The reason behind this is their statement of "We don't just want you to play a lot we want you to win"

That makes sense.. if they hadn't forgotten that we are just 1 player out of 5 in each team.

In the last 2 days I went down from rank 250 to 400 because the game would give me epic team mates.

Now before you say "he is the kind of guy who blames his mistakes on others" let me tell you about one match I had today that stands for a nice example of my frequent experiences in the last 2 days:

It's thief daily and with my luck I end up in a group with 3!!! thieves. I asked them if at least 1 of them could swap characters before the match because of the heavy imbalance this would cause and got the answer: "stfu noob l2p before ask swap!"

So now the alternative to avoid friendly and competent pug teams like this: group up with people you trust

I found plenty of nice people who I liked to play with - all of us with a role and a plan.

And then.. dragon and phoenix finishers - finishers everywhere! (note my shrieky traumatized veteran voice)

But honestly me and my friends are all around rank 40-60 so why are they putting us up against teams with rank 80?

tl;dr

The term "Match Making Rating" is giving me nightmares because it's fundamentally broken. Additionally everyone who started late before their algorythm "improvements" is busted because they will not be able to catch up anymore.

This is the only game I know that punishes players for playing a lot.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Dakeru

The "test" in this ongoing event has to stand for testing the players' patience.

In the beginning  you would get points for winning and losing would get you nothing of course.

People played a lot - quickly got to the higher ranks and then - Anet changed the mechanics so you will lose points when you lose a match.

The reason behind this is their statement of "We don't just want you to play a lot we want you to win"

That makes sense.. if they hadn't forgotten that we are just 1 player out of 5 in each team.

In the last 2 days I went down from rank 250 to 400 because the game would give me epic team mates.

Now before you say "he is the kind of guy who blames his mistakes on others" let me tell you about one match I had today that stands for a nice example of my frequent experiences in the last 2 days:

It's thief daily and with my luck I end up in a group with 3!!! thieves. I asked them if at least 1 of them could swap characters before the match because of the heavy imbalance this would cause and got the answer: "stfu noob l2p before ask swap!"

So now the alternative to avoid friendly and competent pug teams like this: group up with people you trust

I found plenty of nice people who I liked to play with - all of us with a role and a plan.

And then.. dragon and phoenix finishers - finishers everywhere! (note my shrieky traumatized veteran voice)

But honestly me and my friends are all around rank 40-60 so why are they putting us up against teams with rank 80?

tl;dr

The term "Match Making Rating" is giving me nightmares because it's fundamentally broken. Additionally everyone who started late before their algorythm "improvements" is busted because they will not be able to catch up anymore.

This is the only game I know that punishes players for playing a lot.

Yeah, matchmaking is broken because you got "epic teammates" who are doing daily.

Logic.

Of course havin a team is better if youre going for a win. And ratings. Solo queue is like abox of chocolate - you never know what youre gonna get.

Nad youre wrong. its game that punishes playes for losing a lot. Isnt hymn of this forums - no little leagues? ;)

Anyway, theyll change it if they dont like what they see. So...continue your testing and dont get worked about it too much, if you want to play seriously get serious team. And no, youre not going to win every time.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Malabooga

Yeah, matchmaking is broken because you got "epic teammates" who are doing daily.

Logic.

Of course havin a team is better if youre going for a win. And ratings. Solo queue is like abox of chocolate - you never know what youre gonna get.

Nad youre wrong. its game that punishes playes for losing a lot. Isnt hymn of this forums - no little leagues? ;)

Anyway, theyll change it if they dont like what they see. So...continue your testing and dont get worked about it too much, if you want to play seriously get serious team. And no, youre not going to win every time.

I don't expect to win every time but when I started I had a win ratio of 70%

For 2 days now my win ratio went down to 30% and teaming up won't help either cause as said - it will put us up against rank 80s and not the kind that grinded points in fake hotjoin games.

3 thieves brought together into the same team through matchmaking - that is broken and your sarcastic "logic" won't change it.

Harbinger of Fools
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member EpicPosts: 11,815

This isn't just you... its a lot of the playerbase.  Prior to the ladder test I was in the top 50.. now I sit around 300.  You see players much higher in the rankings than me with much worse of a ratio.  I've seen people in the top 100 with a 45% W/L ratio, and there was a player in my guild that had a worse W/L % than me AND had less games played than me and they were ranked higher than me (well... for a little while at least).  I'm sitting at a 52% W/L ratio after they changed the matchmaking.  Prior to that I was at 60%.

I'll have matches where I solo Q and win 10 straight.. and then times when I lose 10 straight.   

Prior to this test I would always fight with the same people...  I knew their names.. I knew their builds,  I'd know at least 1 person either on my team or the opposite team every match.  Now I can play 6 or 7 games with people I've never seen before.

I can check their rankings on the leaderboard.. they'll match players that aren't even ranked with players like myself,  or put a Premade group with 2 top 50 ranked players against a PUG with a few lower ranked players.

Now that they subtract points for losses, it just feels like they are setting the majority of single queues up to lose.  There are matches where we just have no chance.  And then there are matches where the other team just has no chance.  I had a complete blowout the other day where our team went 500  to 0,  the other team just gave up all 3 points and sat idle.

Personally I don't care much about team comp when you have decent players,  its just matching up these players and putting them against teams -- at least -- in their equal rank spots. 

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by maskedweasel

Now that they subtract points for losses, it just feels like they are setting the majority of single queues up to lose.  There are matches where we just have no chance.  And then there are matches where the other team just has no chance.  I had a complete blowout the other day where our team went 500  to 0,  the other team just gave up all 3 points and sat idle.

This just so much this.

They added this script where you still get leaderboard points for reaching a score of 400 but with the setup I have been witnessing lately it's just one team completely destroying the other. I am often in teams that score 200 or less so this 400 point rule really does nothing.

I had so much fun in the first week, I met so many nice people of equal skills as me and we would be set up against similar people too.

Now it's just team stomper vs team doormat - the very opposite of good matchmaking.

Harbinger of Fools