Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you people like spending money?

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Why not just hook your computer up to a big screen download controller support mod or addon and save your self $20.00 + Xbox/PS4 network user fees?

[mod edit -removing this personal info]

The only reason I see someone buying the console if you allready own a computer version is because maybe the computer you own might not be up to par, other then that I really don't see the point, the controller, big screen, voice chat can all be done on a computer, this is not 2003, so WHY?

Comments

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    I do need a new car soooo, lol 
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Warjin

Why not just hook your computer up to a big screen download controller support mod or addon and save your self $20.00 + Xbox/PS4 network user fees?

[mod edit]

The only reason I see someone buying the console if you allready own a computer version is because maybe the computer you own might not be up to par, other then that I really don't see the point, the controller, big screen, voice chat can all be done on a computer, this is not 2003, so WHY?

Well I run multiple screens for development. And the big screen is on with inside the NBA.  I couldn't have that on if it was connected to this computer.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I mean if you really want to throw money away my paypal email is [email protected] please feel free : )

A lot of people don't have desktop PCs fyi.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182

I mean if you really want to throw money away my paypal email is [email protected] please feel free : )

Not that it is any of your business how I spend my money, but I find gaming with a console in front of the TV much more relaxing.

And really, whats the point of anything? Why do you buy good food when you really could just get some grass from your lawn, maybe dig up some worms and chew on a stick? so WHY?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I imagine a lot of people would've bought the game on their console if the option had been there from the start, since it's their preferred gaming platform.

Plenty of good reasons to switch. But good luck with your car! Maybe you can get a Kickstarter going! :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I upgraded to PS4, cous I would've bought for PS4 to start with. Plus after playing ESO on the PC I know now they made it for consoles. The way you control it just feel like it's made for consoles. I think my gaming experience with ESO will be better on a console. That's why I bought the upgrade.. If you don't like it, why bother complaining about it?

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I played Morrowind through on my PC and played it again on my XBox after the urging of a friend. Between the 2 I probably enjoyed the console version better. The whole experience seemed much more intuitive and more immersive using a joystick. Ultimately I returned to the PC version to play through some great MOD's. I am looking forward to the day that consoles allow the same level of player customization.

Now that ESO is B2P, I can just suspend my pc sub and throw in a few extra dollars to experience the Xbox version and play on my big screen. I can jump between whatever version I enjoy most without having to pay more.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

[mod edit]

I mean, i run 3 x screens, eyefinity / single screens depending on what i'm doing and my PC is also a $2500 gaming rig, but i still paid the $20 for the console version for PS4 to play on my TV with a controller why.. several reasons

A - I dont have a TV in my Computer room, i have a TV in my formal loungeroom, in my family room, in my son's room, in my bedroom.. but i dont have one in my computer room... in my computer room i have my Computer and Laptop... My PC has 3 x screens of it's own and my laptop has 2 x external screens depending what i'm doing...

B - I dont always like playing on my PC, sometimes i wanna chill out on my couch or in  bed and play games etc...

C - i have tried to setup several xpadder profiles for PC version, but it's just to bloated with the PC UI, if i was able to switch it to console UI it might be easier to make a decent xpadder profile, but as it's it's not currently possible.

D - it's $20, it's not $70 if i was to go buy it again retail.. it's $20 and it comes with character transfers to my PS4 account for free, not really something to complain about.

E - i dont want to move my PC out of my computer room and i mean i could do it with my laptop as it's also a gaming laptop, but again... the xpadder / Pinnacle profiles / ESO PC UI leave a lot to be desired. This may change when console version releases, they may re-enable the Console UI on PC again for people who want to use controllers, but until then.. whatevs

Probably a few other reasons but they are the main ones.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Why is everyone in this thread going to great lengths to justify the spending of $20 ?

That's not real money, that's small change. People who agonize about spending $20 on entertainment need to sit down and re-prioritize their lives. They also need to come to terms with the fact that they are the cannon fodder in F2P games that are there to entertain those who spend in the Cash Shop...

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

One of the trials that happen when you go from young and inexperienced to maturity - is learning to appreciate how other people are not necessarily the same as you, and that they want different things for reasons that might not be clear - and yet are not necessarily wrong.

So, enjoy your youth while it lasts :)

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Why is everyone in this thread going to great lengths to justify the spending of $20 ?

That's not real money, that's small change. People who agonize about spending $20 on entertainment need to sit down and re-prioritize their lives. They also need to come to terms with the fact that they are the cannon fodder in F2P games that are there to entertain those who spend in the Cash Shop...

i wouldnt say justifying, merely shedding light on why i made the purchase... it's convenience

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    How the fuck do you Play an MMORPG with a Gamepad?!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Daikuru

moueslook action combat..

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    For me, the reason I'll pay the $20 is because I'd love to have my level 50 DK on the console version as well as the PC. Once you make the character transfer, you level them up independently (yes, you keep the PC character after the transfer), but it sure beats leveling a whole new character for me. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Because 8 characters is not enough... altholics anonymous didn't work on me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Because 8 characters is not enough... altholics anonymous didn't work on me.

Completely unrelated to the topic, but... I think it'd be nice if they started selling extra character slots in the store.

Just about every other F2P & B2P MMO has the option, so why not eh? image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by fivoroth

A lot of people don't have desktop PCs fyi.

Why would they buy PC version of ESO then?

Oh and i want in on OP, so send me 10 and him 10 :)

Need some new stuff too ;P

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Controller support add-on is far from perfect (believe me, I've tried).

PS4/XB1 subscription has a lot of benefits besides playing multiplayer games (free monthly games, discounts etc.).

PC does not have Remote Play option as PS4 does (playing in bed on my Xperia Z2 tablet or Z3 phone), unless you rely on clunky Steam Home streaming which is exclusive to PC platform.

And finally, to answer your topic question, yes, believe it or not, some people like to spend money.

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by mbrodie

And how do you communicate with others?

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

Originally posted by Problem
    Originally posted by mbrodie

And how do you communicate with others?

voice comms / text chat... i dont understand why you're having an issue with grasping this.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I figure if you can afford a $400.00 game console $20 isn't that great of a leap. I personally will just stick with my PC, a mouse and keyboard is a happy place for me.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

And who gives a flying feck what you think, who are you to dictate how others spend their money.

Wow.  Overreact much?

Do you notice the question marks in his post? He's asking a question, not 'dictating'.

And even if he was trying to "dictate" something to others... So what? Would you feel obligated to go out and do as he said?

Relax. It's just a message forum.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Well people want to spend money oj a dumbed down graphically inferior version of a pc game. They still haven't gotten skyrim to work right on consoles BWahahahahahah

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    If someone is doing so, I'm sure they have a reason.  Why does it concern you?

I self identify as a monkey.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I was forced to buy a ps4 for bloodborne and its worth it,ill play bloodborne till end of the year and if there are other ps4 exclusives ill buy them.

souls games are worth every cent,but I think its a rip off to charge me to play online,i am already paying for my pc line!