Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - 10 for the Chairman Series

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Kefo said:

Going to have to go with Brenics answer that maybe it was to show how much he keeps promising when he needs to finish the base game first. It's great to add features that you or the community is excited for but at some point CR needs to step back and understand if this  is a need or a want? Need would be something that is integral to running either SQ42 or the PU, want is an added bonus. 

From om what I personally have seen is that CR keeps adding wants to a game that will eventually buckle under the weight.
    Promised for release?

If so wait till release to complain.
    OK.....so 20 posts later can I now say....

Wait till release to complain.

At least then the argument can be about if these items were promised for release or 'down the line'. 
    I'm not complaining, just voicing my opinion ;p

The point is like Brenics said above. It's fine to add features after you have a working stable game but to keep adding to a feature list when you still have yet to complete the old list is just flat out crazy
  • JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    JohnP0100 said:

I thought this was the 10ftc thread?  Wtf are you talking about?

Do you have trouble understanding english or something?
    I will ask again, was there a point to your list?
    It was a list of features that chris roberts promised in the last 12 months of 10ftc. This is the 10ftc thread right? Or can you not read?

Heck even Erillion is using the list i posted.
    Wtf is wrong with you?

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Kefo said:

The point is like Brenics said above. It's fine to add features after you have a working stable game but to keep adding to a feature list when you still have yet to complete the old list is just flat out crazy
    How do you know exactly what is or is not being done?

In any development there are things being worked on that do not see the light of day because there are dependencies that need to be done before the system or asset can be introduced. 

Unless you are privy to internal design documentation or part of the teams working on the game I am sure, just like the rest of us, you have no clue what is or is not being worked on.

I understand your point and it is valid...IF you know for certain nothing else is being worked on, which no one does. 

JohnP0100 said:
    JohnP0100 said:

It was a list of features that chris roberts promised in the last 12 months of 10ftc. This is the 10ftc thread right? Or can you not read?

Wtf is wrong with you?
    I can read but you are making it hard for me to believe you have read what I wrote. 

I can see it is a list. I asked, repeatedly, 'What is the POINT of posting the list'.

You added no commentary or reason for the list. When others post links or information they also add their own opinion/statement about the information that shows WHY they made the post. 

You just posted the list. 

So what is your commentary/point/reason for posting the list? I do not think that is a hard question to answer and I suspect your reason for being evasive is that you were trying to comment on all the missing features and I got it right in my first reply. Others that have answered in your stead has said as much but it is unfair to take their view of it rather then your own words.

So rather then then say the same thing again about WHAT the list is and ask what is wrong with me, could you answer the simple question and answer WHY you posted the list.
  • JohnP0100JohnP0100 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    edited March 2016

JohnP0100 said:
    JohnP0100 said:

Wtf is wrong with you?
    I can read but you are making it hard for me to believe you have read what I wrote. 

I can see it is a list. I asked, repeatedly, 'What is the POINT of posting the list'.

You added no commentary or reason for the list. When others post links or information they also add their own opinion/statement about the information that shows WHY they made the post. 

You just posted the list. 

So what is your commentary/point/reason for posting the list? I do not think that is a hard question to answer and I suspect your reason for being evasive is that you were trying to comment on all the missing features and I got it right in my first reply. Others that have answered in your stead has said as much but it is unfair to take their view of it rather then your own words.

So rather then then say the same thing again about WHAT the list is and ask what is wrong with me, could you answer the simple question and answer WHY you posted the list.
    Once again, it is a LIST OF THINGS from a show that this THREAD is discussing. 
    Really? REALLY?!

[mod edit] 'a nice summarized list on what is promised for SC and lets discuss it'

Erillion started by saying what he was looking forward to from that list.
    How about you?
    Or maybe you want to discuss some of the more 'big' ones and how that might work?
    Post edited by Vaross on

It shows what PvP games are really all about, and no, it's not about more realism and immersion. It's about cowards hiding behind a screen to they can bully other defenseless players without any risk of direct retaliation like there would be if they acted like asshats in "real life". -Jean-Luc_Picard

Life itself is a game. So why shouldn't your game be ruined? - justmemyselfandi

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    With all the redoing of stuff, Concept ships and the 10FTC-we-are-looking-into-this, they have enough engineering dept for the next 30 years

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Kefo said:

How do you know exactly what is or is not being done?

In any development there are things being worked on that do not see the light of day because there are dependencies that need to be done before the system or asset can be introduced. 

Unless you are privy to internal design documentation or part of the teams working on the game I am sure, just like the rest of us, you have no clue what is or is not being worked on.

I understand your point and it is valid...IF you know for certain nothing else is being worked on, which no one does. 

Well how about we just agree this is some kind of bastardized Schrödinger's cat? Both possibilities are true until we observe the event.
    Kefo said:

Well how about we just agree this is some kind of bastardized Schrödinger's cat? Both possibilities are true until we observe the event.
    Then lets wait till the box is opened...i.e the game releases or gets canned. 

I honestly don't care at this point if it does come out or not, I have written off that £30 long ago the same with other 'alphas' I have invested in. Some have been good investments others not. I am happy to wait and see but it pisses me off when people make up shit and I won't stop responding to those types of posters. 

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited March 2016

10 for the Chairman Episode 80 (this time with Erin Roberts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm1jW_Xp_8

00:58 – Job Duties
    02:15 – Exploring Shubin
    03:23 – Features of SQ42
    04:40 – Keeping Up with the Roberts
    06:57 – Interaction with Wingmen
    08:31 – Landing Zone Pipeline Vs. Ship Pipeline
    10:52 – Dream Big Mentality Vs Be Realistic
    12:50 – After Squadron 42
    14:09 – Previous Development Experiences
    16:08 – What’s Next

Transcript:

http://imperialnews.network/2016/03/10-for-the-chairman-episode-80/

Have fun

TLDR:

[0:58] Q: What are your jobs and responsibilities in your role with CIG?
    A: A lot of travelling around to the different offices to manage and make sure they are running smoothly. Erin is also in charge of the UK studio and runs Foundry there as well as some responsibilities in the Frankfurt office which falls under the Foundry 42 wing.

[2:18] Q: How much of the Shubin Mining Platform’s interior will we be able to explore in SQ42?
    A: Lots! There’s lots of different rooms, areas, manufacturing plants and the like. There’s different landing platforms, different places to enter and lots of stuff to do inside.

[3:25] Q: Is Squadron 42’s feature-list final? Will there be any additions or removals?
    A: It is finalized what’s going into Squadron 42. It is known exactly what’s going to be in the game, there will be no more rounds of cuts. We’ve had that known since last year. There is also shooting in a few weeks to catch any missing footage they need.

[4:41] Q: Could you explain the differences in your and Chris’ roles within the same company, while pointing out the benefits and challenges of working with your brother?
    A:  Chris provides a vision and direction and pushes the envelope on technology and design, whereas I offer counterpoints and make the practicalities of his vision a reality via scheduling, logistics, etc.

[6:59] Q: How much will we interact with NPC crew and wingmen?
    A: A lot of effort has been put into making sure the AI have roles and really feel alive. NPCs will respond to the way you talk to them on the ship and the way you treat them when on a mission. The target is to make the player feel as attached to NPCs as they can

[8:34] Q: Does the landing zone pipeline benefit from improvements to the ship pipeline? Are landing zones still in development or do they need the procedural technology to be completed first?                                   A: Some of the ways we do things to build ships faster also benefit the environment pipeline. The environment pipeline is designed to be very modular but not to look repetitive. Going forward we will be able to create large, complex and detailed areas for the PU: we’re already doing this for SQ42. The procedural stuff will come online later this year with the new streaming tech.

[10:54] Q: Do you ever find yourself being challenged with a ‘dream big’ mentality vs a ‘be realistic’ mentality?
    A: Focused on getting the cores features and some of the smaller things around it. Yes, it’s a big task to work out next steps and focusing it down from there.

[12:53] Q: What will the Squadron 42 team do after the first episode is released?
    A:
    We’ll go out for drinks and then go straight to work on Episode Two. There’s more ships and environments to create along with other elements, but we will be supporting the PU and creating ships for that as well.

[14:11] Q: Has your experience with the Lego series or other past games helped you with CIG at all?
    A:
    Star Citizen is hard to compare anything to, but the work on the Lego series helped teach about scheduling and organisation. But keeping tight to the schedule has been the biggest lesson brought over from previous works.

[16:11] Q: Next major milestone you’re excited about?
    A: Getting the Starfarer flyable into your hands. We’re already flying it and look forward to having players fly it in the near future

Persistence is very close. So shopping and buying stuff and will introduce Alpha UEC which allows us to test the currency that will be used in the PU.

Procedural tech integration is coming soon after persistence which will make a huge difference because it’s not just planets, but everything else is affected as well.

Post edited by Erillion on
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Lol I hear Roberts isn't very happy today.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Second from last question I believe Erin said they were trying to build a company? After this long 5 years they are still building a business? WOW!

broken link
    Which one ? Links verified and working.

Have fun
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Erillion said:

broken link

Have fun
    Let's play Bugsmashers, one of them is not working as intended - Have fun finding it :)

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

edited March 2016
    Erillion said:

broken link

Have fun
    Let's play Bugsmashers, one of them is not working as intended - Have fun finding it :)
    Links were always working for me. I added them again, some directly in Youtube (in case it was a problem for people that do not have backer access). Hope it works now.

When I click the links in your post (which includes a quote of my previous post) it jumps to episodes 74 and 78 instead of 80, which is strange. Dunno where that comes from.

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Video to text from the above 10ftC #81

Chris Roberts says

"Q: How will larger ships like the Idris be controlled by the player for flight?

A: So the plan for the big capital ships is, ah, much like what happens on, ah, a big seafaring ship in today's world, so, there's a HELMSMAN position, and the difference between the sort of bigger ships is that you'll have multiple... ahh... CREW STATIONS, multiple SEATS where people, you know, one person's just a HELM... one person's doing COMMS, the other person's doing WEAPONS, the other person's doing RADAR and potentially you have like a CAPTAIN'S SEAT and they're... giving INSTRUCTIONS to the various people manning the different SEATS, ahm, so... ah... I would say it's a bit more... uhm... you know... you be in... sort of... I don't know whether... there's cockpit style SEAT CONTROL because... potentially the interface (waves arms) for you controlling the ship is ALL DIFFERENT but it'll be very much like a... a HELMSMANS STATION on a sort of NAVY SHIP that you would see in today's world... and that's how we've set up the... ahhh... ahh...uhh... the IDRIS and how we're setting up the BENGAL and... and I would ASSUME THAT'LL BE THERE... there may be a MODE that we'll do because we've talked about several different kinds of MODES and one you know sort of like MOVING YOUR SHIP AROUND, uhm, you know and... cos... the BIG SHIP'S just sort of gonna be sort of SLOW like moving a SLOW... FERRY or TANK around, ah... there may be a MODE you can switch into were if you've got a certain kind of flight control system besides just... sort of manoeuvring the ENGINES and POSITION you know, STRAFE POSITION on your ship, you also kind have maybe some kind of a HOLOGRAPHIC DISPLAY, and you could CLICK and say, 'I want the ship to go to THIS area or THAT area', uhm, and then... the eye-eff... the... the... CAP SHIP version of IFCS tries to get you there and then you can... manually take it over and ADJUST the courses... so that's... that's kinda what we set up I mean JOHN PRITCHARD already has a TASK for him... which is sort of DO THAT second... second stage so... STAGE ONE of the CAP SHIP STUFF is sort of, the BIG MASSIVE SHIP HANDLING which... ahhhh... we're sort of in progress for, we need it for the STARFARER and then obviously the IDRIS afterwards... and then the second stage will be sort of a kind of a more GO TO positional... MODE that you can do were you could say, 'Ah! You know I wanna go... A HUNDRED METERS to this spot, a HUNDRED METERS AHEAD', and the system tries to mover you there."

Ahm... so you'll have those and you'll be able to switch between both of them. "

For a project that is 4 years in it sounds like he's making it up on the spot.
    @rpmcmurphy No matter if you read it or watch him saying it, he clearly has no clue what he is saying. This should scare all backers.

Or you could read/watch  much more detailed information on crew stations e.g.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/154055/star-citizen-crew-stations

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2elo0g/crew_stations_known_information_roles/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Jump Point Magazine (the SC subscriber magazine - here a free-for-all archive):
    http://www.sc-convoy.com/hosting/Jump Point/JP38.pdf

Have fun

Erillion said:

Well then, you would think he would be a bit more definite about how things are going to work rather than this stream-of-conciousness thing he apparently has going on. :)
    This is just poking a bit of fun at his style of delivery, tell me it doesn't sound / read like he's making it up as he goes?
    I'm sure Roberts appreciates it but I'm not convinced he needs his honour defended here.
    Erillion said:

Or you could read/watch  much more detailed information on crew stations e.g.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/154055/star-citizen-crew-stations

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/2elo0g/crew_stations_known_information_roles/

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14354-Letter-From-The-Chairman

Jump Point Magazine (the SC subscriber magazine - here a free-for-all archive):
    http://www.sc-convoy.com/hosting/Jump Point/JP38.pdf

Have fun

He said it sounds like Chris is making it up. I'm not sure how posting links to a dev talking about crew stations and fans summing up what they have heard so far changes the fact that Chris sounds like he pulls shit out of his ass, throws it at the wall with various phrases written on it and sees what sticks.

Out of the links you posted the only part where Chris talks about Crew stations is a small little blurb in his letter from the chairman. So grats I guess? for trying to bury things in useless info.
    edited April 2016
    Kefo said:
    .... useless info.
    Oh, sorry.

I was under the impression that this is a forum where we discuss a game in development, its various functionalities, features and the testing progress. That the information presented was not "made up on the spot" but a very brief summary of a complex topic well documented in various development and fan documents.

Continue your agitprop campaign then ... never mind me ....

Have fun
    Is that where we are now? Anything that is at all critical (even in a lighthearted manner) has moved on from being "hurr durr derek smark" to "hurr durr agitprop"?

Does this mean anyone with a critical or sceptical view is regarded as a propagandist agitator and not just someone voicing something that might concern them?

How very convenient (but strangely ironic) to pigeon-hole any and all perceived dissent with an anti-communist term.
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    Usage of uhms and ahs is quite common for anyone speaking. We're all human, can't have a perfect memory at all hours of the day, particularly when tired or the like. That said... Uhm... Looks cool, have high hopes for this game as it stands. 

On a side note I'm curious, why do people bash things so much all the time? Really, it makes a bad impression on both themselves and the product they refer. Constructive criticism should be constructive. 
    Usage of uhms and ahs is quite common for anyone speaking. We're all human, can't have a perfect memory at all hours of the day, particularly when tired or the like. That said... Uhm... Looks cool, have high hopes for this game as it stands. 

On a side note I'm curious, why do people bash things so much all the time? Really, it makes a bad impression on both themselves and the product they refer. Constructive criticism should be constructive. 
    lol yeah agree with you there.

There is a reason you play that game where you have to speak for a minute about a subject without pausing or saying 'err' or 'ahh'...it is a difficult thing to do. 

It's hardly bashing. The quote ,which has clearly been adjusted to be silly, was posted it as a bit of fun.
    It's hardly offensive or cause for concern and yet people are acting like the man is having his good name besmirched.
    If something as silly as that upsets people then perhaps they ought to take a step back.