Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My friend and I are looking for a MMORPG or even a Large MP Game. Key thing is a real old school com

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

My friend and I been looking to sink our teeth into game for us to play and enjoy. Sadly it seems that almost all MMO's are Engineered to be Single Player till about max level. That being said that is fine but we like a really good end game community and not just for end game raiding but other unique things to do. 

Here is an example of what we miss say from Anarchy Online: You looked for groups via chat and got to talk to people who were not anti social. You made friends easily people were not greedy and you normally teamed for more then just end game content. Hecklers, Missions, Long quests that might be challenging, etc.

We tried playing EQ2 recently but even with one the bigger guilds and social at that it was almost no social aspect of teaming or doing anything with the guild. Sure we could keep moving from guild to guild and maybe find a better guild but they mostly have a half dozen at most players in the guilds now the game has really died back... We missed the days just meeting people in the contested dungeons and zones and just teaming up and ugh the social pull that everyone caused was amazing....

I'm not sure if I'm making sense but most games like WoW, etc is not what were looking for. We are not looking for just a good guild that does end game content or events but a game with an amazing community as well where you could yell in chat and say I'm having issues and 10 other people run to your aid. They want to be your friends. They will message you hours later asking how your doing.

I miss that social interaction. Radio stations, events, contests, housing parties, etc.

Does this exist?

My friends terms: Can't look worse then EQ2 Graphics sadly. Does not like Minecraft, etc.

My Terms: No Dayz, Arma like Games. I love Sandbox games but not as much as those type I love itemization a lot btw. 

SNIP

Comments

• DonpoohbearDonpoohbear Member UncommonPosts: 85
    hope you find something ive been looking myself with no luck
  • Stewie001Stewie001 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Graphically lacking... the EQ progression servers might be up your alley. Hard to beat old school EQ game play, but definitely, no amount of lipstick will dress up that pig.

Rift, SWTOR, NWO and TSW are free now... Give'm a try.

GW2 will cost you for the game, but a solid player.

Good luck and have fun.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

for community go to Lord of the rings online, landroval server... the graphics are a little outdated so run them by your friend maybe.  I like the scenery a lot but not the character models.

if you look on the RP server in tera you can find great folks... you have to weed thru a lot of dicks though, but they're there.  For a game with a lot of item customization you can't beat eve, but it has a famously steep learning curve.  a few training organizations, all player run, exist in eve though and that might fill your community need.

Consider this well meaning but biased info because i just named 3 of my top 5 ever MMO :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Stewie001Stewie001 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Forgot... ESO is FTP now.

Haven't played it myself, but gotta be worth trying.

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    If you've never tried or played Asheron's Call you should consider checking it out. it's Buy to Play now no monthly. I haven't gone back to playing yet but apparently there has been a fairly large population influx since it's gone buy to play.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Hmm, DDO or LoTRO might be good choices. I haven't played the latter, but I've heard good things about it, and DDO is an excellent game for teaming and also a very different experience from most games (hint: one of you should definitely be a rogue or otherwise specialized in disarming traps!).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

Fallen Earth (if it's still alive)

This is coming from an old AO player as well. If not, have you tried Funcoms The Secret World? I didn't like it but maybe you will.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.