Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV does have at least ONE HUGE negative to it

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

It has a max limit on how many people you can block.

And every time I login (faerie server) I get spammed by at least one or two gold selling spammers.

I keep playing, and every 5-30 minutes I get spammed.

Unlike WoW, I can't right click their name and hit "report" and it automatically blocks them. In WoW, I don't even have a max cap as far as I can tell to report and auto block spammers. In fact, WoW barely has any gold spammers left.

FFXIV is super enjoyable, but not being able to hit report on these spammers and auto block them without them adding to your ignore limit does kinda kill it for me.

I keep playing and the MMO is TONS of fun. But its one reason free MMOs are usually killed for me, so much gold selling spam.

I'd be okay with it if I could just hit report and it auto ignores them...but FFXIV doesn't even have that option. Not many MMOs do sadly, just WoW and it worked really well for them as gold spammers are pretty much gone from WoW now (not 100%, but vastly better than it used to be)

Anyone else getting spammed non-stop by gold spammers? I can't even ignore anymore cause I hit my ignore cap...so nothing I can do. And I'm not playing ignore management game and removing my block list every time I log on, that isn't fun at all. Thats worse than inventory management game some MMOs have.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Yeah the rmt spamming is as bad as how Ragnarok Online used to be back in the day. Shows how weak/lazy SE is about the situation even though every month they are posting their "progress" in dealing with it.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

Well, a lot of MMOs could probably just copy WoW and add a "report" section to right click. I dunno how it works exactly...but it sure is nice knowing you reported a gold spammer and at the same time you never hear from them again.

And its also nice in WoW (granted I just logged on to emerald dream and saw one spammer in chat lol. I find that pretty rare these days though)...that when you hit report it auto blocks them and doesn't even get added to your ignore list. You just never see them again :D

Dunno why more MMOs don't copy that function. Maybe it spams up GM inboxes with reports? Or I dunno how it works to be honest. Maybe enough people hit report and it blocks the person automatically or something.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Yeah the rmt spamming is as bad as how Ragnarok Online used to be back in the day. Shows how weak/lazy SE is about the situation even though every month they are posting their "progress" in dealing with it.

No, it just shows you(and OP) don't play FFXIV. They killed off 95% of their RMT spam and bots well over 8 months ago. Nice try though.

0 chance you're getting spammed every 5-30 minutes.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

No, it just shows you don't play FFXIV. They killed off 95% of their RMT spam and bots well over 8 months ago. Nice try though.

Well, maybe it was SUPER horrible back then. Or maybe its partly server dependent or a bit both. But, I get spammed a lot. Pretty much first time I login to my character, I already figure I'll get spammed as they seem to know when you login. Then it kind of gets quiet (with occasional spam every so often usually 20-30 minutes). But if I leave a city to kill stuff and quest...I get spammed again and after that its every 5-30 minutes I'll get a gold seller spam.

For me thats pretty terrible. I'd have hated to see what it was like back then, I'd probably unsub if it was even WORSE than it is now lol.

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

It has a max limit on how many people you can block.

And every time I login (faerie server) I get spammed by at least one or two gold selling spammers.

I keep playing, and every 5-30 minutes I get spammed.

Unlike WoW, I can't right click their name and hit "report" and it automatically blocks them. In WoW, I don't even have a max cap as far as I can tell to report and auto block spammers. In fact, WoW barely has any gold spammers left.

FFXIV is super enjoyable, but not being able to hit report on these spammers and auto block them without them adding to your ignore limit does kinda kill it for me.

I keep playing and the MMO is TONS of fun. But its one reason free MMOs are usually killed for me, so much gold selling spam.

I'd be okay with it if I could just hit report and it auto ignores them...but FFXIV doesn't even have that option. Not many MMOs do sadly, just WoW and it worked really well for them as gold spammers are pretty much gone from WoW now (not 100%, but vastly better than it used to be)

Anyone else getting spammed non-stop by gold spammers? I can't even ignore anymore cause I hit my ignore cap...so nothing I can do. And I'm not playing ignore management game and removing my block list every time I log on, that isn't fun at all. Thats worse than inventory management game some MMOs have.

EVERYTHING YOU SAID + 1

This is the ONLY thing I hate about this game, minus Ex Primals lol.

No, it just shows you(and OP) don't play FFXIV. They killed off 95% of their RMT spam and bots well over 8 months ago. Nice try though.

Seriously ? Check out my youtube page and my videos spanning a year and a half.

Last night they were spamming in shout in Old Gridania.  I get spammed constantly in Mor Dohna. Litterly every 5 to 10 minutes and my blacklist is slap ass full.

Im the biggest fanboy of this game and i will play it forever no matter what, BUT, the gold , I mean, GIL farmers, are insane. 

They all need to die a bloody death.

BTW I play. Here's my Loadstone profile : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7984895/

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Mandodo69

Seriously ? Check out my youtube page and my videos spanning a year and a half.

Last night they were spamming in shout in Old Gridania.  I get spammed constantly in Mor Dohna. Litterly every 5 to 10 minutes and my blacklist is slap ass full.

Im the biggest fanboy of this game and i will play it forever no matter what, BUT, the gold , I mean, GIL farmers, are insane. 

They all need to die a bloody death.

They said that Blacklisting is the same as reporting a while back.  Though I'm not sure what they meant by that.  The amount of RMT has been reduced by about 95% when compared to the past, though servers without character creation restrictions will likely seen a whisper once every thirty minutes or an hour, from my experience.

Also, RMT rarely uses the same character past 30 minutes; it's safe to remove said character after a day unless they're just trolling you or are amateurs at the process.

Agree that RMT sucks as a whole; if they're actually shouting, then they will get a swift ban.  They used to spam the major cities like crazy, but were put into their place by SE with the amount of complaints they got from it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Do you also criticize doctors for not treating the patient's cough and focusing on the cancer instead?

You know jack sh*t about countering RMT yet you think you do. Ignorance and arrogance, a dangerous combination if there ever was one.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

There is a macro you can create to one-click block spammers. Yeah, S/E should have made it easier, but once you make the macro it's not exactly hard either.

It is annoying that the blacklist has a cap, and you do have to go in every 2-3 weeks and empty it back out.

The spam is better, but there is no denying there is still a good deal of it about. I get about 3 or so a day still, I would guess. The one-click macro makes it manageable, but I can understand the point of "Why should I have to make a macro..."

• gasperkgasperk Member Posts: 84

Are we playing the same game ? Because i only got spammed once in the last 1 month.

Got way more spamms in WoW. Probably like 1 each day atleast.

I think you are just full of BS.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by gasperk

Are we playing the same game ? Because i only got spammed once in the last 1 month.

There are other sites reporting the same thing. They must all be full of BS. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/71383949

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Amjoco

There are other sites reporting the same thing. They must all be full of BS. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/71383949

Servers with frequent character locks get way less spam.

That's why to some people it feels like they're not playing the same game. For example I got an RMT /tell last time three weeks ago.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

You must be on a dead server then. I'm on Midgardsommr or however its spelled and I get about 5-7 an hour. Every day. I play late at night CST so that might be when the GS are up and playing over there.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

The spamming is not as heavy as it used to be, but the spammers have begun switching to a new tactic, instead, they send out friend requests, which are annoying as you have to refuse it and also decline it on your social tab, 2 stage process and then of course, you have to block them, and you can't block them if there is an outstanding friend request, yeah, the nuisance factor is incredibly high, but as they aren't saying anything to you, that might be their way around getting reported for spamming.image

In order to report people for spamming you have to name the server your on, the name of the spammer, and also copy/paste the spam text,  sooo, bit of a problem there, blacklisting them is relatively easy though, and while i have never hit my limit, not even sure what the limit is, but, once a character has been 'deleted' they also disappear from your blacklist, and this is an automatic function, not something you have to do manually, so anyone reaching their limit on their blacklist, probably dislikes a lot of people for reasons other than being spammers, can't really blame the spammers on having a clogged up blacklist, since i have yet to find other FFXIV;ARR players to be behaving antisocially, i kind of wonder what criteria someone has for blacklisting so many people, that they manage to fill up their blacklist completely image

Originally posted by bartoni33

You must be on a dead server then. I'm on Midgardsommr or however its spelled and I get about 5-7 an hour. Every day. I play late at night CST so that might be when the GS are up and playing over there.

More likely that he is on a full pop server actually. Low and mid pop servers probably have it the worst.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I play on balmung and I've noticed a heavy increase in spam over the past couple weeks. I hadn't received any rmt tells in months but lately it's about once or twice an hour.

Hopefully they die out soon.

Originally posted by bartoni33

Same with Cactuar and were one of the most populated servers out lol. 5 - 10 gil farmers every few minutes.

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412

Well...you can easily click to block people...and I think you're experiencing a higher than normal rate of spam.

I'm on Gligamesh and I can easily play a solid 8 hours without getting hit.

Besides, I can argue gil spam as an indication of game health they clearly think there's a market that they can make money off of, and they wouldn't do that if the game was dying.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

It's funny really

Someone points out a flaw in this game and the same few familiar faces jump into the thread to white knight the shit out of it and claim the OP is lying.

Harbinger of Fools
  • GluegunGluegun Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Spammers I cane handle .  its the sloooooow loading times for zones that make me cringe at the thought of re-trying this nice visual but agonizing small zoned loooog zoning game.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Dakeru

It's funny really

Someone points out a flaw in this game and the same few familiar faces jump into the thread to white knight the shit out of it and claim the OP is lying.

Talking about white Knights jumping into their favourite games defense http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6623960#6623960

Originally posted by SavageHorizon
    Originally posted by Dakeru

It's funny really

Talking about white Knights jumping into their favourite games defense http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6623960#6623960

LMFAO

All his pets were there and I showed him where they were stored.

That makes me a White Knight?

Delusional..

Harbinger of Fools
  • kreakrea Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Started playing again since about 1 week didnt get a single gold add spam yet playing on Phoenix eu .
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well the problem in FFXI was real bad but they hardly ever spammed pm's until latter years.Sqaure claimed they made some mistakes but earned from it.No they did not learn because when iu was last playing it was also a bit annoying.

I don't even know how or why rmt would flourish,i never remembered needing much gold aside from travel.Crafting areas were very crowded early on ,so i imagine most already have their crafting done,so need to buy gold there either.

Even still they could introduce blocking some words in chat and yes unlimited blocks.They could simply have one person monitor key words sent in tells,would make it super easy to crack down on it likely forever.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Well the problem in FFXI was real bad but they hardly ever spammed pm's until latter years.Sqaure claimed they made some mistakes but earned from it.

I see what you did there.

Harbinger of Fools