Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best game to play as a healer

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76

Hi,

i am searching for a good game to play as a healer. I live playing healers/supporting roles in pve as well as in pvp.

what games can you recommend, are there good games out there that differ from the classic tab target system and tend do be a bit more action oriented?

hope you can help me find something :-)

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    only thing that comes to mind is Tera.
  • asmadeousasmadeous Member Posts: 70

The best times for me was in Eden Eternal

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Ya! I would say Tera as well. Elder Scrolls Online isn't so bad either.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    All mmos with a healer xD even liked aion cleric.

For now im playing eso with the b2p model.

Video of me healing for getting the taste. Its a dk healer you wont see it often.

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Tera's healing was rather fun last I played.  ESO's healing is fun as hell and can be challenging at the same time, reason being, the staff heals require a little bit of placement and that means people have to pay attention to where the heals on the ground are and/or you have to aim correctly to hit people with your cone heals.  The Templar class has a strong PBAoE heal which makes it easier so if you did play ESO and wanted to heal, I'd suggest Templar.  Now, you can heal as another class but would have to rely on the healing staff heals.  The NIghtblade offers a little different style of healing which is also challenging.
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Styxa

Hi,

i am searching for a good game to play as a healer. I live playing healers/supporting roles in pve as well as in pvp.

what games can you recommend, are there good games out there that differ from the classic tab target system and tend do be a bit more action oriented?

In PvP, Rift has excellent moments for healers to shine.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by NagilumSadow

Hi,

Rift is still a tab target healing game unless you count AE heals or something like the chloromancer healing. This was before they made it so everyone can heal so maybe I am talking out my ass though when it comes to rogue or warrior heals

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Kefo

Hi,

Rift is still a tab target healing game unless you count AE heals or something like the chloromancer healing. This was before they made it so everyone can heal so maybe I am talking out my ass though when it comes to rogue or warrior heals

Everyone has their own pet peeves, but I am speaking from my own personal experiences. It's is especially relevant considering Rift is one of the few MMOs worth playing, and that is always helpful.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Hi,

I know you are looking more for an action mmo but I seriously have to recommend FFXIV. Try out the free trial

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    ESO.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Bloodline Champions.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Maquiame

Hi,

I know you are looking more for an action mmo but I seriously have to recommend FFXIV. Try out the free trial

I agree

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Neverwinter.  It's pure action combat, and definitely doesn't use tab targeting.  So, it meets those criteria.  It has a rather unique take on healing.  And, since it is in the PWE family, there are 800 zillion kinds of currency and a rather expensive cash-shop.  It will take a bit to get the hang of healing, and I'd recommend that everyone start with a Devoted Cleric, just to learn how the healing does work.   It's bloody difficult to heal someone racing around the map, dodging mobs and apparently my healing attempts.  And lag is definitely not the healer's friend.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Torval

For action-oriented combat I would say Tera, Elder Scrolls Online, and Neverwinter. They all have a very different feel to them. Tera has a very Korean and anime feel to it. ESO is gritty and immersive. Neverwinter is very high fantasy and exotic.

Ones listed above and Aion, L2, Rift, FFXIV.  Hard to say which is best cause it depends on your play style and what kind of games you like.  Once I learned how to spec him the Guardian in GW2 is pretty good.  I enjoyed WoW Druid also.

Best healer class in a mmo (or moba/fps if you want)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6394779#6394779

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    WoW, Tera, Swtor, Wildstar, Eso, Rift.  Aion. Not in any order.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    WoW, Tera, Swtor, Wildstar, Eso, Rift.  Aion. Not in any order.

OK, I played a Doctor in SWG and there were some good times and some good stories to tell about players who came into the hospital to have wounds healed.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I really like playing healers and I have not found a good/fun healing class in a game that did not have tab targeting. 

I have not played ESO and I see that is listed so I guess you could try that. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by Kefo

Hi,

Everyone has their own pet peeves, but I am speaking from my own personal experiences. It's is especially relevant considering Rift is one of the few MMOs worth playing, and that is always helpful.

But the op specifically asked for action mmos, and specifically said he did not want tab targetting. And selling Rift for pvp at this point in the game is kinda meh too. Trion abandoned pvp in that game long ago.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Teso and tera both look interesting, i really want to like neverwinter but i heared so much negative things about pwe and theyre p2w games that i am kind of afraid to try it out.

At the moment i am more driven towards tera, just because its f2p, only downside is i am from Germany and i keep hearing what kind of a bad publisher gameforge is.
  • lodestone90lodestone90 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    ESO is f2p now too.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    All mmos with a healer

Pretty much this. If you want a variety in healer choices better wait for Lineage II classic servers. Most races have their own healing class as well as buffer (or combination of both).

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by lodestone90

ESO is f2p now too.

ESO is B2P. Eso healing/support class is the best IMO, because it allows you do switch to damage dealer on the fly.

And because of that, it is easier to level support classes.
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

You could check out wildstar.

It has non tab target combat even for healers. And the raid system seems done a bit differntly.

However, disclaimer, its not for everyone. Maybe you will enjoy the game more than others. Just pointing it out, but I have not much advice other than it exists, and I didnt even try their healer class.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• pregarpregar Member CommonPosts: 4
    Teso and tera both look interesting, i really want to like neverwinter but i heared so much negative things about pwe and theyre p2w games that i am kind of afraid to try it out.

At the moment i am more driven towards tera, just because its f2p, only downside is i am from Germany and i keep hearing what kind of a bad publisher gameforge is.

So just play it on http://tera.enmasse.com/, many europeans do that. I'm czech with ping around 120 - 150ms, seems fine for me. Tera priest is really fun and much harder to play than in most other games.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    i used to play lineage2 as a healer, and it was realy intense and fun in both pvp and pve,

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(