Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your all-time favorite MMORPG game?

1235»

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Wyattearp89

If someone asked me this back in 2007/2008 I would have said The Lord of the Rings Online and City of Heroes, Guild Wars 1 for PvP though.

As of right now Final Fantasy XIV is my most favorite mmo. I love the crafting and it has actual meaning to the game. I love the lore and the story has been fantastic, the devs did a great job on setting up the story for Heavensward expansion. Graphics/art is very nice & will look even better once DX11 comes out in the expansion. There is other stuff to do besides Raiding and Dungeons, such as Chocobo Racing & Triple Triad. I love that I can do everything on one character, no more alts needed to get other classes/jobs or crafting classes.

I disagree with the crafting having meaning, once you hit level cap, crafted gear is a joke compared to even entry-mid level endgame stuff. The only crafting worth it at endgame is cooking and alchemy mostly with the 3 gatherer professions too. The story is squaresofts generic crap they been reusing since ff4(not the save the world thing the rest of the basic plot). I haven't played it recently, but last time I tried to play the game, I opened my sub played for a few hours and got bored and didn't go back. I also paid for a server xfer to hang with a friend who never seemed to be on that often. FF14 is a ok mmo, but in reality its just another wow clone in a diffrent skin. Mind you its a gorgeous wow clone, if squaresoft has anything good about them left these days,  it would be their graphics.. but sadly thats about ALL squaresoft has anymore. I used to be a major squarefan in the snes days, and early ps1 days, but i've lost almost all faith in them.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

UO because you could make your own loot rules and carry out your own serious consequences if you get double crossed.

Also at the bank when there stealth thieves I have booby trapped inventory and hearing an explosion and seeing someones body and getting someones stuff and trying to bank it before it got stolen was always amusing to me.

Not to mention actually being able to find out who killed someone, track them down and kill them in front of the guards with it being considered legal. 

Lastly poisoning someones food on purpose.

Can't really beat it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I don't have a favorite. I've played a bunch of them and enjoyed different ones for different reasons.

I self identify as a monkey.

• DeathFromAboveDeathFromAbove Member UncommonPosts: 112
    EQ,SWG,VANGUARD,ESO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Originally posted by BulletTooth
    DAoC I feel that no mmo has since captured the quality of balance between the pvp and pve. This game always offered the funnest gameplay whether it was small scale pve or large scale pvp. 

I agree totally I still go and sub from time to time and get my fix.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I would have to say that EverQuest is still my all-time favorite. UO and Dark Age of Camelot are real close, but EQ is it for me.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

Ultima Online stands alone and above for me.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• krazeekkrazeek Member Posts: 11

Favorite PvP: I don't PvP, but the loss system of Eve Online makes every defeat really painful, or at least have an impact.

Favorite Market: Eve Online had an in-depth market system with real loss. An alternative market would be ATITD, as that is based on barter rather than in-game currency.

Favorite PvE: City of Heroes/Villains had a great PvE system, and some of the missions I still remember due to the immersion.

Favorite avatar creation: City of Heroes/Villains. Anybody who has played this game will confirm this choice, with maybe Champions as a second-place.

Favorite crafting: ATITD has a realistic crafting system which requires accumulation and skill at mini-games

Favorite overall: Eve Online, with second being City of Heroes/Villains (which no longer exists, effectively). ATITD has some awesome aspects of it, but those that I mention are perhaps the only good parts of it, as there is no questing or combat of any type.

I still want to play a few others that I've heard were good (FFXIV: ARR, etc), some I missed the train on (SWG, vanilla WoW), and others just left a bad taste in my mouth (Fallen Earth)

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Everquest, greatest game ever for MMO and Social bonding...

---
    Ethion

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

Ragnarok Online.

• Crazycuban3Crazycuban3 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Anarchy Online

Knight Online

Shadowbane

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
    Everquest
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    For me everquest but I feel nostalgia plays a role here.daoc pre Atlantis expansion was great but that expansion marked its end
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I think I'll be the only one to say runescape (oldschool).
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

It's easy to say UO as it was my first MMORPG, but the honor for all-time favorite still has to go to WoW.

Vanilla, TBC and early WotLK were the best times with the best people in the best game.