Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: The First Year

2»

Comments

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    As slightly more enjoyable the second time around the game is the visual fidelity is lacking. The game is ugly which is to some degree inherent to the hero engine but it also speaks to the effort they put into the game. The justice system is pointless.

so say we all

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by Brenics
    I remember when Doshia was hard to kill and a great challenge. Now everything is too easy but I admit the game is the best roleplaying game ever made. Still a lot of bugs in game so I expect from now till June we will be getting a lot of bug fixes. At least am hoping we do. Sad part you just can't trust ZoS to do the right thing. Lot of people stopped putting in bug reports over the way they treated us from beta to present. Don't take it wrong I do love the game, just wish I could love and trust ZoS.

I can't believe how much they nerfed everything.  I use to die 6 or 7 times fighting some bosses, had to re-eval my skillsets and rethink the way I was fighting, it was a great fight with little reward that made you a better player.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Brenics
    I remember when Doshia was hard to kill and a great challenge. Now everything is too easy but I admit the game is the best roleplaying game ever made. Still a lot of bugs in game so I expect from now till June we will be getting a lot of bug fixes. At least am hoping we do. Sad part you just can't trust ZoS to do the right thing. Lot of people stopped putting in bug reports over the way they treated us from beta to present. Don't take it wrong I do love the game, just wish I could love and trust ZoS.

Lol. Doshia was never hard to kill. As long as you realized that her healing globes healed you too. The globes also used to be ridiculously easy to one-shot before they got to her. Any decent size AOE got them all. They nerfed her and buffed the globes now... same thing with the end boss in the Banished Cells.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Very good game with much better graphics as the pictures in the article suggest. I don't care if it it too easy in times. I play it to have fun, not to prove anything to anyone. :)
  • renegeedrenegeed Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I expected ESO to fall flat on it's face when it first came out, but they've proven me wrong, I rather like the game now as well. If only I could say the same about Wildstar.
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815
    Originally posted by cylon8
    As slightly more enjoyable the second time around the game is the visual fidelity is lacking. The game is ugly which is to some degree inherent to the hero engine but it also speaks to the effort they put into the game. The justice system is pointless.

Please tell us what MMO sets the bar for you visually. It's the best looking MMO on the market. The Justice system puts everything in place for the release of the Thieves Guild and Assassin Guild quest lines. It adds the systems necessary. Far from pointless. 

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Been playing since beta and have never given up on the game. Have a friend who just recently got it and he told me yesterday that he wished he had started playing a year ago. He said it is a game he would have payed monthly for.

I see myself playing at least another year if not longer.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by SlyLoK
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    Yeh same here. Got the pre order (3d party) lvled till vr1. Got a refund but they coudldnt close my account as 3party. But I never subbed and now when its free tried it and subbed (PLUS)it for 2 months with a prepaid card (18euro) and enjoying it. But I must say lvlving veteran ranks is a pain. Must be a bit faster.

So you leveled all the way to VR1 and then requested a refund? That was a dick move.

no. i did the same - but didnt refund. end game seemed too grindy and boring.  for a sub game.

i just started playing again and it feels 'right'  all the new features are good! -iam looking forward to sept for the new solo content! or any content they release -i think its a smart move to just 'pay for DLC.

and hoping there will be alot of it!

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

I like ESO.  I think it has made huge changes that are very positive.  I am glad that it is Free to play with a sub option.  I will probably play it again in the near-near distant future.

I just wish there were more END GAME solo things to do.  I could take my dandy time through the campaigns of all factions, and literally drop a few hundred hours doing so.  But once I have one of each class/faction at 50, what then?  I do like a good group dungeon every now and then and will definitely do that.  But being a father and all these days, its hard to commit to an hour of playtime in a sitting.  I am looking for short session endgame progression game play. 

Heres to hoping Zenimax can do something like that...

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Just hit 50 level yesterday. played my own speed and its works better that way. If u are person who want hit fast max level and hate quests, dont play game. Great game but some bugs and crash offen. 
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by cesmode8

I like ESO.  I think it has made huge changes that are very positive.  I am glad that it is Free to play with a sub option.  I will probably play it again in the near-near distant future.

I just wish there were more END GAME solo things to do.  I could take my dandy time through the campaigns of all factions, and literally drop a few hundred hours doing so.  But once I have one of each class/faction at 50, what then?  I do like a good group dungeon every now and then and will definitely do that.  But being a father and all these days, its hard to commit to an hour of playtime in a sitting.  I am looking for short session endgame progression game play. 

Heres to hoping Zenimax can do something like that...

Would been better if game not force u pick 1 class in start. Just make it so u can be every class with same char, just add class skill lines. Just like in skyrim where u can be warrior/thief/mage whatever with same char.

• NecronscrusadeNecronscrusade Member Posts: 2
    This game is awesome I've got to V14 and because of champion points I'm now building other alts well done ESO. now for new maps delves and unnerfed content, spell crafting and Dark Brotherhood.!!!!!