Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Brand Spanking New Tier 6 Ships Arrive

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Star Trek Online site has been updated with a new blog penned by Lead Systems Designer Phil “Gorngonzolla” Zeleski. In it, Zeleski shows off three brand new Tier 6 ships: the Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser, the Negh’Tev Heavy Battlecruiser, and the D’Khellra Battlecruiser Warbird.

Each of the three ships comes with a Molecular Cohesion Nullifier which both buffs the player's ship and damages enemies.  Players will also be able to slot the Explosive Polarity Shift trait that can cause huge explosive damage as it expires.

These ships are available individually or in a single package in the C-Store.

Read the full blog on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Get your credit cards and grindstones bois

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I still play STO but I haven't invested any more actual money into the game since they banished the dilithium gear store & started coercing our Zen into blah blah blah such game now or it will expire instead of the overall account.  The latter I can understand as a business decision I just don't agree with it.  When they implemented that choice they didn't offer a refund option which they should've since they changed the rules after having players invest into that account with the understanding of the old rules.  Today they didn't release many screen shots nor any of the statistics of the ships themselves so I'm not too excited ... yet.  I will give them credit though since it stated that with these new ships they'll have exclusive skins but the older similar variant skins can still be used as well so kudos to Cryptic upon that.  It is a shame to any players that recently just did a starship upgrade requisition or fleet version though.  The introduction of tier 6 ships really deflates that value of tier 5 ships though the cost has stayed the same.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Selling internet space ships!   The newest way to financial independence!

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• FelconianFelconian Member Posts: 103
    What did you guys expect... Free to Play ..to be .... Free to Play!

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    The developers have to make money just like everyone le else. This is why F2P is less than ideal. Players start to feel entitled even when it cost them nothing.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    What about the sub.players. You can play F2P or Sub to it. So even sub.players have to hand over the credit cards. Everyone that plays this game pays real money if they want the new ships.