Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: XBox One Version Arrives

2»

Comments

• dch16686dch16686 Member Posts: 2
    As for comments that sony or microsoft lose money with each PS4 or XBox 1 sale, yes they do. It is the standard model with consoles, the sells of hardware lose money, but the licensing gets them paid with every game anyone sells for thier console. So game sales are a better indication of how well the game box (PS4, XBox 1, Wii etc) is making money.  And of course with sony being hacked and all that trash released, the stocks were bound to take a hit.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Markn

Originally posted by VicodinTaco

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Geddon95405 smite and neverwinter need to come to ps4   they bet on the wrong system when they started developing this stuff, ps4 is doubling xbox1 sales
    But when you get down to it there is very little difference.   Sony is also in serious financial difficulties and doing a fire sale of many of it's subsidiaries.  Wouldn't it  be interesting if their PS/4 division got sold off or went under? Games that required xbox live to play are dumb.
    yeah, so much of a fire sale their stock is up around %50 since October. PS4 is Sony.  Ain't going anywhere.
    You need to do  your homework.  Sony has serious $ issues even in the Console division its barely profitable and they already started selling the studios.
    You should do your homework. Like look at their latest financial report, because you are completely wrong.

The only division that lost money was Sony Pictures(for obvious reasons) and the highest earning division was Sony Computer Entertainment.

I dont know why you hate Sony but spreading easily refuted lies and misinformation doesnt help your case.

Seriously, the games division has been bleeding cash for ages.  They still lose money on every PS4 they sell.  It is well known that they practically gave SOE away, just to get the cash bleed off the books.  Yes, they are doing better, but they are not out of the woods yet.  Trying to paint a rosy picture of any Sony division is still a huge joke.

Microsoft still has a mountain of cash unlike Sony which is still in fire sale mode.  I'll take an Xbox any day in the week over a PS4 just for that reason.

Actually, the games division or at least the PS4 one, is one of the few divisions in Sony to turn a profit, which is the polar opposite of Microsoft, the XBOX is still a serious issue for them in terms of revenue, its losing money for the company, not the only division within microsoft to do so either, Surface generated $490m at the cost of over $500m its a wonder they went ahead with surface 3 tbh, saying they have a mountain of cash is, misleading, if it wasn't for their office software microsoft would have gone under long ago. The other undeniable fact is that at this point, there are far more PS4's out there than XB1's, even removing the kinnect didn't improve sales that much, even after MS began heavily discounting their console below manufacturing cost, something Sony hasn't had to do, and at this point, i don't think its any real surprise that overall console sales are down, but just to inject some degree of realism in terms of numbers of consoles

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/10/updated-numbers-show-ps4-with-at-least-65-percent-of-two-console-market/

but for 2014, or at least the financial year ending, which was march, Sony apparently shifted 18 million of the things image

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27758215

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_million-selling_game_consoles

some people will prefer one console over the other regardless, personally though, i'll stick with a PC, as old as mine is, it's still better than either of them image

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

I don't see what is so good about the PS4, the only decent game on the PS4 is Bloodborne, and the next decent game will be Uncharted next year.

In the meantime I will be having Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Elite Dangerous to look forward to exclusively on Xbox ONE this year

Even though I bought Bloodborne it has taken a back seat still, while I get to play a huge backlog of Xbox ONE games plus have gotten Pool Nation, Forza Horizon 2 presents Fast and Furious, and Neverwinter all for free within the last week. (Child of Light was free too, but I already bought that one!)

The PS4 is the better machine, but lacking a lot of decent games. The Order looks awesome, but lacks gameplay. The only thing I can see why the PS4 sells is that it is selling, so must be good on that fact, and the games look good, but after that you are playing the waiting game.

My PS4 gathers dust, whereas my Xbox ONE gets used on a daily basis.

Sony are just lapping up the sales of the PS4, and not doing much to progress the PS4, whereas Microsoft are bending over backwards and giving away free games, to get it to be number one.

• wrxalexwrxalex Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Yeah I agree, this is a very fun game for xb1. They need more real mmorpgs on the console.