Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard let us down :(

124»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Originally posted by DevilSeph
    Originally posted by filmoret
    I feel the same way, however... They do currently have the most popular mmorpg.  The card game is more popular then any game on the market besides LOL.  And their moba is extremely popular as well.  SC2 Still has a huge playerbase and Diablo 3 also has tons of players.  Face it just because you don't like their games doesn't mean the rest of the world does too.  The market is proving that Blizzard is making right decisions hence their income and popularity.  I agree their development has been complete garbage but it IS working and they ARE making tons of money.  2013 Blizzard was the most profitable stand alone game developer behind Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.  You  sir are just plain WRONG!!

Bro ? chill down pls, i was talking about mmos not crapy card games and button smashing rpg-s and if I'm not wrong they are straching same shit over and over for 10 years which is not nice and player base went down from 14 mill to 6 mill and will go down to 3 soon only chinese will play it because they like pandas. ( i still coulden't get over pandas )

They are trying to make money and the market is showing that MMORPG's just don't make that much money compared to crappy little card games or crushing candy.  They were working on a new mmorpg but put it on hold because of the money involved in building it.  I don't see blizzard making another mmorpg ever because the money just isn't there for it any more.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Speak for yourself.

Blizzard cannot let me down, because I'm not expecting anything from them.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

The past 10 years of development in WoW shows that they have no idea how to make an MMO. They just designed a simple version of EQ, which was already popular, and advertised the shit out of it.

That's all Blizzard has ever done well, really. Rehash old ideas for a new market, and dumb it down for mass audiences.

When your rocket ship flies over my place let me know, I will come out and wave.

Until then I will be down here, typing with my knuckles...derp...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Can't tell if OP joking or just mental?

SC2 is amazingly good. Expansion 1 was awesome, better than Brood War, and finale will be epic.

Diablo 3 is amazingly good, the fact you call it a "fail" pretty much means you have zero clue what you are talking about.

HotS is a really, really great MOBA. As with all Blizzard games, it takes out the BS bad parts of a genre and focuses on what makes the gameplay experience fun and engaging.

Vanilla / TBC WoW was incredible, yes, much better than WoW is today in many aspects - but WoW is still the best themepark MMO out there.

Hearthstone is also a really great game. Yeah I'm a bit partial to Magic myself, but saying Hearthstone is "bad" just shows how ignorant and biased OP is.

Reality called - will you pick up the phone? No?

OK OP - you are right, everything Blizzard has done is horrible, let's all pledge hundreds to Kickstarter indie PvP MMOs and get this genre back on track!

Or something.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I guess I don't see what the OP does.

WoW - it's still there doing its thing

SC2 - better than I'd ever hoped

D3 - horrible at release but amazingly improved at this point.

Hearthstone - Awesome. Magic is better but it's more difficult to access the online version than Hearthstone and I'd rather play with all the physical cards I already own.

Heroes of the Storm - Awesomer - who'dve thought you could actually change up the MOBA formula so much and wind up with such a solid game?

Overwatch (coming soon) - looks pretty cool.

I'm sorry they're not making hte specific games the OP wants but then the thread title should really be "Blizzard let ME down :("

Steam: Neph

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Originally posted by pantaro

The past 10 years of development in WoW shows that they have no idea how to make an MMO. They just designed a simple version of EQ, which was already popular, and advertised the shit out of it.

That's all Blizzard has ever done well, really. Rehash old ideas for a new market, and dumb it down for mass audiences.

truth! you would think after 10 years they could come up with some original ideas at this point...

WoW let's other games try out the original ideas, then take the successes and assimilate them into WoW, or some bastard child of WoW. The fan base takes on the task of convincing themselves and everyone that WoW had the original idea in the first place and everything else is just a bad clone.

Originally posted by DevilSeph

Bro ? chill down pls, i was talking about mmos not crapy card games and button smashing rpg-s and if I'm not wrong they are straching same shit over and over for 10 years which is not nice and player base went down from 14 mill to 6 mill and will go down to 3 soon only chinese will play it because they like pandas. ( i still coulden't get over pandas )

Dude from a business perspective it makes absolutely no sense for Blizzard to make another MMO as long as WoW is running. Who are the majority of people that are going to play their new MMO? You guessed it! People already subscribed to WoW. Their making another MMO would just be cannablizing and recycling their audience. Sure they'd net a few new players but really they'd spend a ton of resources on making a new MMO just to shift their player base from WoW to the new game.

Also, it's 2015 and if you think any major studio is going to put out an MMO in this market you're just dreaming. It's too expensive, time consuming, resource intensive, and has been shown to have limited profitability to the point where you probably won't see a AAA studio make an MMO for the next 5-10 years.

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis
    Originally posted by pantaro

truth! you would think after 10 years they could come up with some original ideas at this point...

WoW let's other games try out the original ideas, then take the successes and assimilate them into WoW, or some bastard child of WoW. The fan base takes on the task of convincing themselves and everyone that WoW had the original idea in the first place and everything else is just a bad clone.

Even if what you're saying is true, who cares? That's like saying all FPS games are just Doom clones. Spend a lot of time beating dead horses don't you?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

hit the nail on the head. They had one major hit and that's all, and everyone is trying to copy them. They ruined the market and innovation of MMO's. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by fivoroth

Are you a Blizzard fan? Blizzard north only made one of those games. Blizzard North did not make SC1, WC3, WoW.

SC2 is the best strategy game of all time. It's a true successor of SC1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_North

Read this, you should educate yourself before making posts like this.

Don't make me laugh. WoW became popular because it was an amazing game. Trust me all those millions people didn't flock to WoW because EQ was popular. There were tons of BLizzard fans who loved their games. Blizzard's fanbase at the time of WoW's launch was massive and EQ was insignificant in comparison. WoW achieved a number of players that was bigger than the entire MMO industry back in 2004.

WoW was fun and it was epic. And it was set in a universe which was a hundredfold more popular than the niche EQ. MOst gamers haven't even heard of EQ.

I know it's hard for EQ fanboys to swallow this, but WOW put this genre on the map.

Why did they flock to Wow having ZERO knowledge of mmorpg gaming?Remember the HIGH majority of WOW players never played an online rpg before,so they had NOTHING to compare it to.That was a FIRST time game for MOST of it's player base.

As to other devs making games for Blizzard,yes pretty much sums up their lack of quality producers and staff when they have the highest payroll,most employees of any developer and under perform.A giant like Blizzard still using ancient Warcraft game engine seriously?Then they opt for the ever cheap basic freeware Unity engine for HS.

I can say the same thing about Diablo,it is NOT a better game than POE,in some cases not as good,yet it makes tons more money.More money more players,more profit does not mean a better product nor better quality.

I have been a long time fan of Square Enix,i do not play FFXIV just because it has the most players,imo  it is vastly inferior to FFXI.

I see it everyday in twitch,people are buying that NEXT game on a total whim just because others are buying them.

Most Blizzard fanbois buy everything they sell on a whim,yes again i see it all the time.I would bet 90% of the Diablo fans were buying the next Diablo no matter what,without knowing a single thing about it,just to be a part of the IN crowd.

When EQ was popular there was like 1/20th the amount of online gamer's and online rpg's were not yet even popular nor advertised.I did not even know about EQ until some chick told me about it and i was online gaming several years before EQ1.When WOW cam out,you would have to be blind to not see the massive advertising.

Point is you can NEVER use numbers as an excuse for good or bad.Vanguard a perfect example,no matter you want to talk about bugs,the game TRIED to do A LOT more than Blizzard tried to do with WOW and definitley megatons more than what Diablo offers.Starcraft is nothing more than a Command N Conquer module Moba type copy  game.

Dude said it accurate,Blizzard is not a designer creator,but more a copy cat dumbing games down to the easiest denominator to attract ANY gamer.They can get away with it because their following buys anything they sell,so they can also build games on low budget and again get away with it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.