Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained 1st Official Pre Alpha/ Tech / Engine demo

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I am impressed with what they have shown. For a game in this early of a stage I say Well Done!

Looking forward to when this releases.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Received some information.

Turf effects/wave effects will work for AMD OR NVIDIA cards. Some nvidia cards may just be better at it.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Whenever someone (in this case, Cohh) spends an inordinate amount of time explaining the concept of an alpha and an even greater amount of time trying to tie it to the game discussed, my snake-oil salesman detection system starts flashing its warning signal.

Even with all that time spent, there is still going to be those who dont get/understand the message. So you're pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by will75

Whenever someone (in this case, Cohh) spends an inordinate amount of time explaining the concept of an alpha and an even greater amount of time trying to tie it to the game discussed, my snake-oil salesman detection system starts flashing its warning signal.

Have you seen exactly what they are doing with Alpha these days? That's why what was said was said.. Do you recall what some other games looked like in alpha? Let me briefly remind you.

[removed a bunch of useless images]

*woosh*

Actually, i was thinking the same thing about your original comment. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Holy Christ that looks fun.  A true successor to the best RVR game ever made.  And its not using cartoon game world graphics.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Have in mind that, before that pre-alpha CU footage, Cohh was broadcasting Bloodborne for hours - think of the profole of his average follower, good part of them prolly never played an MMO, not to mention the PvP ones. The intro was necessary, and even with it, the number of people watching dropped from ~10k to ~8k during CU part.
     W...aaagh?
    Originally posted by JamesGoblin
    Have in mind that, before that pre-alpha CU footage, Cohh was broadcasting Bloodborne for hours - think of the profole of his average follower, good part of them prolly never played an MMO, not to mention the PvP ones. The intro was necessary, and even with it, the number of people watching dropped from ~10k to ~8k during CU part.

Overall i think for the game itself it was a positive experience.I don't think the developers regret it. They are using new age media, to show off their game. I am sure there was 5000+ at least new people to see the game yesterday. Mostly kids who watch streams, one of which isn't me :) I just cannot get into that stuff. But, to those that do. Good work. Beyond the Crowfall paid or unpaid trollers who obviously came to troll, and the people who cannot listen or understand the phases of game development.I think it was all good.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • arcundoarcundo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Will you make all your abilities with ability builder og will there be  "preset"/"premade"/"template" abilities that is suggested for you, that you can choose to go with or modify?

How will you know what you will need later on in the game when you make a character at "level 0"?

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Have you seen exactly what they are doing with Alpha these days? That's why what was said was said.. Do you recall what some other games looked like in alpha? Let me briefly remind you.

[removed a bunch of useless images]

*woosh*

Actually, i was thinking the same thing about your original comment. 

lol exactly.

You stay sassy!

• sludgebeardsludgebeard Member RarePosts: 788

This trailer got me so excited! 

It looks like Darkfall but I actually wanna play it!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I'm only following two games.

Camelot Unchained is at the top of my list.

(currently playing.......nothing)

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

[mod edit]

I think there did need to be some disclaimer though. I'm about the biggest CU fan-boi there is.... And honestly the video looks like garbage.

I think they should have kept it in the cooker for another month or two while all their artists are in crunch mode. Granted it shows some interesting things, but I think some carification was needed pre-video. Especially on a streamers channel who's audience isn't the normal MMORPG crowd. 

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by arcundo

Will you make all your abilities with ability builder og will there be  "preset"/"premade"/"template" abilities that is suggested for you, that you can choose to go with or modify?

How will you know what you will need later on in the game when you make a character at "level 0"?

I don't think even CSE has the answers to those questions yet. I think their hope is that players will create all of their own abilities. But if that turns out to be too confusing even with online guides that will be available after launch, then some predefined templates could be put in to get new players started.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

COOOL

But i only go buy in release 

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    looks good, very solid and smooth, ill support it.
    Originally posted by FlyinDutchman87

[mod edit]

I think there did need to be some disclaimer though. I'm about the biggest CU fan-boi there is.... And honestly the video looks like garbage.

I think they should have kept it in the cooker for another month or two while all their artists are in crunch mode. Granted it shows some interesting things, but I think some carification was needed pre-video. Especially on a streamers channel who's audience isn't the normal MMORPG crowd. 

It is supposed to look like garbage in this stage of development. I do not believe there is any intend to pretend it is even close to final animations and modeling. It is exactly what it is supposed to be: A tech and engine test using undeveloped assets emulating server loads. Looking bad at this stage is not a bad thing. Expecting more is unrealistic. Not wanting the release of such information because it isn't pretty enough for you is just silly.

If this upsets you I suggest you do yourself a favor and don't look at ultrasound images of your future baby. Your expectations will be shattered.

You stay sassy!

Originally posted by Tierless

Do you see it? Can you feel it? PVP, first. Not tacked on. First! Its happening.

It is completely silly to evaluate this as an end product game yet (even us so called fanbois must admit this) but what you said is precisely what should excite us. The game is being created from the ground up to try to become what it wants to become. One has to appreciate this whether it succeeds or fails. It is the only way any project should be approached let alone one diverging so much from industry standards (or one should ask: Why is the industry standard what it is?).

Hmm, obviously I fail at multi-quotes. ;)

You stay sassy!

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199

The issue is nowadays people think alpha means, free demo, beta means, soft release, and launch means, patch day.

This is an ACTUAL alpha.

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Originally posted by FlyinDutchman87

[mod edit]

It is supposed to look like garbage in this stage of development. I do not believe there is any intend to pretend it is even close to final animations and modeling. It is exactly what it is supposed to be: A tech and engine test using undeveloped assets emulating server loads. Looking bad at this stage is not a bad thing. Expecting more is unrealistic. Not wanting the release of such information because it isn't pretty enough for you is just silly.

If this upsets you I suggest you do yourself a favor and don't look at ultrasound images of your future baby. Your expectations will be shattered.

Oh, I know... Humans are filthy disgusting horrible creatures. It's honestly refreshing to see us reveled in our true form, rathing than trying to delude ourselves into belive we are civilized with the trappings of soceity. 

however, I'm also not trying to convince other people to buy my child. 

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Only alpha and already massive zergs.

Not sure if trolling or what, but the game is being made to support large battles. If you've followed or read anything about the game. You should/would know mark is very anti zerg. He's going to make it the least favorable way to advance in the game. But,  that doesn't mean he doesn't want large battles sometimes. It's just not going to be the end all be all to skill up etc.. :)

Mark is anti zerg, but can he actually prevent it ?

Warhammer too had zergs and they rolled over everything and there was nothing anyone can do about it.

Not sure if trolling or what, but the game is being made to support large battles. If you've followed or read anything about the game. You should/would know mark is very anti zerg. He's going to make it the least favorable way to advance in the game. But,  that doesn't mean he doesn't want large battles sometimes. It's just not going to be the end all be all to skill up etc.. :)

Warhammer too had zergs and they rolled over everything and there was nothing anyone can do about it.

There is options, remember at the end of each day that's when you get your rewards...And there will be measures that reduce/increase things based on how people played the day before. Like keep trading, if people did this, the metrics would change to discourage it

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Ah, the usual anti-zerg crybaby.  You get rolled once by a zerg, and you won't shut up about it.   As far as I'm concerned, a Zerg in itself is not the problem.  It's the lazy bastards WITHIN the zerg who would rather run around like chickens with their heads cut off than organize that are the problem.  Give me well organized zergs going up against each other in epic battles over small, "WoW e-sport" pvp any day.

• RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 83

The game looks good on paper, hope they can pull it off.

Tuatha de Danaan!!! image

Redsalt... the other salt.

• Originally posted by will75

If you've followed or read anything about the game. You should/would know mark is very anti zerg.

Maybe you should follow the game a bit more before telling other people that they should because what you stated is not true at all.  They are trying to support all play styles and are not actively looking to stop zerging.  While Mark personally does not enjoy zerging they just don't want it to be the only way to succeed and want it to be as viable as other play styles.

"K&G: What are your thoughts on players Zerging?

CSE: As per our Kickstarter, while I personally don’t enjoy Zerging, we recognize that many players do, and that we must not only be able to support it, but also to build in player counters."

"K&G: What are CSE’s plans to address the negatives associated with players Zerging?

CSE: We can’t stop Zerging (nor are we looking to do so), but if we can give players effective counters and, even more importantly, keep it from being or seeming the best way to succeed in Camelot Unchained, that will go a long way in this direction."

http://www.keenandgraev.com/2014/01/20/exclusive-camelot-unchained-qa