Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I still don't get the popularity of this game.

1235»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

I also have to agree with Bad Spock in that the level of detail and attention to detail is amazing. More so than a great many western games. 

expressions, reaction in cut scenes, how various parts of your character and the gear move and shift. It's truly beautiful and very well done.

Also, where is the OP in this discussion? It's like he dropped the bomb and took off. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by scorpex-x

The lengths you people go to try and argue FFXIV the second coming is amazing.

The chart shows the placement of FFXI on the subscription profitablity chart, you may not like it but it's there. 

I didn't say it was a bad game or that it was a failure I just showed the profitability.

When people say your chart is full of crap, you think they're saying FFXIV is the second coming?

FFXIV may not be as profitable as those titles; your chart is sketchy at best.

Of course one could ask why the profitability of the game even matters. The answer is it matters only if you want to find negative things to say about the game where no other exists.

Firstly it's not "my chart" and secondly they only argue because FFXIV is not on it apparantely.

Superdata is used by The new york times, forbes, the wall street journal, gamesutra, venturebeat etc.  It's a well respected reporting company.

http://www.superdataresearch.com/about/

I mean how legit do you need to be?  You can even work it out that with 500k subscribers they would be 6th..

I'm sorry: "the chart you posted". I'm glad we got that sorted out.

All you've proven here is that other game companies are better at taking their customers' money out of their pockets. If FFXIV has the playerbase of TERA yet implements content like WoW, which MMO will make better profits? More importantly, which MMO would a customer prefer playing?

The posters above raised valid concerns regarding the data you posted. You decided to ignore said concerns. What does that tell about Superdata?

I think it says more about the people arguing than about the source. If I posted a chart that showed FFXIV at number 2 do you think they would argue it?

This is a well respected company, this isn't something I made or some small website made.  This is a company used by the media worldwide, even Google and microsoft uses them.

again : http://www.superdataresearch.com/about/

Originally posted by drivendawn

The chart shows the placement of FFXI on the subscription profitablity chart, you may not like it but it's there. 

I didn't say it was a bad game or that it was a failure I just showed the profitability.

When people say your chart is full of crap, you think they're saying FFXIV is the second coming?

Of course one could ask why the profitability of the game even matters. The answer is it matters only if you want to find negative things to say about the game where no other exists.

Firstly it's not "my chart" and secondly they only argue because FFXIV is not on it apparantely.

Superdata is used by The new york times, forbes, the wall street journal, gamesutra, venturebeat etc.  It's a well respected reporting company.

I mean how legit do you need to be?  You can even work it out that with 500k subscribers they would be 6th..

All you've proven here is that other game companies are better at taking their customers' money out of their pockets. If FFXIV has the playerbase of TERA yet implements content like WoW, which MMO will make better profits? More importantly, which MMO would a customer prefer playing?

The posters above raised valid concerns regarding the data you posted. You decided to ignore said concerns. What does that tell about Superdata?

I think it says more about the people arguing than about the source. If I posted a chart that showed FFXIV at number 2 do you think they would argue it?

This is a well respected company, this isn't something I made or some small website made.  This is a company used by the media worldwide, even Google and microsoft uses them.

I would because super data sucks its not factual.

Link to the information or explain what lead you to that conclusion.

Maybe you can convince me the website that is trusted by many of the worlds biggest companies is in fact all based on lies.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The arguments are valid regardless of the poster's reasons for stating them. You have yet to answer said arguments.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

I would because super data sucks its not factual.

Also three of the games on that list are f2p or f2p with the option to sub. I believe they were saying number 2 sub only game.

I was waiting for you to convince me, I'll assume since you didn't bother to even attempt it your mom told you that or you just assume they are not factual because you don't like the chart.

F2p with an optional sub is still a subscription in the same way a p2p game with a cash shop is still p2p.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

The fact remains there is no other mmorpg on the market that has this much dedicated content for non combat classes. You may say that doesn't matter, but the proof is in the hundreds of thousands of loyal customers. So many SWG refugees in this game, including myself. My linkshell is full of them.

Most mmo devs underestimate the value of non combat content. This game offers the most well rounded non combat systems of any mmo, period. And the hundreds of thousands of people who play mmos mainly for that type of content, (including myself) are most likely here to stay because no other mmo comes close or looks like they are even trying.

So go ahead and pull out profitability charts or some convoluted tab target p2p theory, doesn't matter. This game has been exceeding SE's expectations for years now and there is a fanbase of non combat content that will guarantee its continued success indefinitely.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    I've closed this for the time being, given all the personal attacks and unrelated posts. I'll post again if and when it's reopened.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.