Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remembering Vanguard

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225

This thread is for old veterans to gather and talk about their fond memories of Vanguard, and to reminisce about the encounters they shared, the comrades they made, and the good times they had in game.

So, proceed....

Comments

• donjuanagaindonjuanagain Member UncommonPosts: 135
    My best time is when I got my griffon. I didnt get the elite one due to the quest being bugged. 
  • Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member UncommonPosts: 2,125

Most memorable time was on my level 7 twink cleric with my partner in crime's level 7 wizard... and we were chasing some level 16 guy in a dungeon and made a train of about 2 dozen mobs seemingly.. and I couldn't do anything from their stuns so she did a couple AOEs and killed them all. Suddenly I leveled up from it and we both cried NOOOOoooo!!! and then I was depressed for a week but being a level 8 twink turned out being just as fun but I had to remake all of my gear for level 8 instead so it turned out fine.. I never made that mistake again.

Whenever I listen to Enya or Moya Brennan I think of crafting and get all nostalgic.

NEWS FLASH! A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore Darkfall Online player and knew just what to do.

Watch me play Darkfall and sometimes PVP in other MMORPGs on Twitch.

Darkfall has launched!!! MAY 5th!! Join before its too late!

Follow my RP blog here: http://riseofagon.blogspot.com/

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,268

Ouch. I remember getting my Griffon too. I was so exhausted from all the stuff I had to do to get it, I WAS NOT happy AT ALL when I finally had it. Especially Akande was a major PITA. Trying to kill that bastard for WEEKS and MONTHS, man was that annoying.

I loved getting my Wyven on another character much more. APW was awesome fun. I was mostly angry because my DK wasnt actually immune to fear, as the devs had claimed, though. Well, whatever, DK was so much fun when they had managed to patch him, it didnt really matter. Either way that was when level 55 was already in, so neither APW nor Dresla was too much of a hassle anyway at that point. I had done both on level 50 already before, on other characters, though.

I remember getting the Palladium Armor Set on my Death Cleric. Took me over a year, mostly because I had to solo attempt it since I was playing EU and there was simply nobody around.

And I remember a lot of other stuff ... so many quests have been fun. Like United Races of Thestra.

Damn, now I miss Vanguard. Again. Sigh.

Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,115

The best time I had was when I would hide and sneak into dungeons and charming bosses. Bring them out of the dungeon where it was safe and kill them. 

Another time was when I was making so much money on crafting striking swords. Man o Man that brought in a lot of money. Way back I would farm low level Verdant Lurker armor in Thestra, and travel to Qalia or Kojan and sell them there to players. Man I was a great businessman lol. The first time I ever quit was in May 07 and I had nearly 1 plat of money.

I often came back to play during free months, and things didnt start to get fun again until I finally got my brother to play with me. We were able to tackle down a lot of bosses together. Greatest triumph was duo on Teraxes.