Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultimate fighter ship, only 250+vat . Way better than kickstarter ships. Get it with lti

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

Guys, don't miss the chance to buy a ship that is the ultimate fighter (at least untill next cocept ship sale).

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/242565/vanguard-concept-sale-pricing/p1

wcloaf

Hey guys! A while back, I promised to inform you a week in advance of concept sale pricing. We are hoping to launch the Aegis Vanguard concept sale next week (if, and only if, we're happy with the current status!) next week, and the intended price is $250. The Vanguard is looking pretty cool, and it's certainly a ship I'm looking forward to seeing finished. Stay tuned!

Comments

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

this game is getting out of control tbh..

250 dollars for some pixels LOL

not only the game is not even ready for years.. but it will be heavy p2w which it already is.

Feel sorry for people buying this.. 

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

A weapon costs like 10-15$, is not that bad.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/weapons

• TswordZTswordZ Member UncommonPosts: 66

Nice! Finally the Vanguard!

Although I'm a bit confused for the price. I thought it was a Fighter, but has the price of a Heavy Bomber. Will have multiple turrets or what?

Whatever, I'll stay with my little Aurora LN. I'm not too much for fights. I prefer commerce or transport... The first goal must be a Freelancer, I guess :-)

Originally posted by TswordZ

Nice! Finally the Vanguard!

Although I'm a bit confused for the price. I thought it was a Fighter, but has the price of a Heavy Bomber. Will have multiple turrets or what?

Whatever, I'll stay with my little Aurora LN. I'm not too much for fights. I prefer commerce or transport... The first goal must be a Freelancer, I guess :-)

Yeh looks like a fine ship. I am staying with my superhornet . Hopefully i will make enough cache in game to get the vanguard.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

They've already made 10s of millions in pre-purchasing. It's like they're only trying to see now how far they can take this. Also, what of the people who backed them a year ago? How do they feel about "a ship better value than kickstarter ones"? Not that I'd know the difference, as I'm following it, but not so closely to understand the significance of the statistics.

You know, Freelancer was fun. There was a clever game there, alot of value for your money. This... well, honestly I'd need real sexual gratification had I invested what some have into this, over a number of times, and cuddling after. I have a really bad feeling, when it releases, many of the early, heavy contributors will look like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kcUjuXBFA8

Originally posted by Adjuvant1

They've already made 10s of millions in pre-purchasing. It's like they're only trying to see now how far they can take this. Also, what of the people who backed them a year ago? How do they feel about "a ship better value than kickstarter ones"? Not that I'd know the difference, as I'm following it, but not so closely to understand the significance of the statistics.

You know, Freelancer was fun. There was a clever game there, alot of value for your money. This... well, honestly I'd need real sexual gratification had I invested what some have into this, over a number of times, and cuddling after. I have a really bad feeling, when it releases, many of the early, heavy contributors will look like this...

The kickstarter ship are balanced for gameplay purposes, like any other ships.

They only made like 75mil so far , at least 100mil are required to implement the vision.

Originally posted by motanila

They only made like 75mil so far , at least 100mil are required to implement the vision.

I can draw a strong comparison to this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/03/17/televangelist-65m-buy-jet-now/24893113/

I can draw a strong comparison to this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/03/17/televangelist-65m-buy-jet-now/24893113/

300$ is fairly cheap - the jet price . the +1000$ ships in SC soldout in minutes.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Guys, don't miss the chance to buy a ship that is the ultimate fighter (at least untill next cocept ship sale).

Is Star Citizen like, the first MMO to suffer from power creep (the concept of newer stuff being stronger than the older stuff, raising the bar of how powerful the players are) before the MMO even existed?

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    $250 for a graphical asset in a game, stop peddling rip off crap and go actually build the game you are promising build.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

No one says that 100 million are required. Chris Roberts said in an interview he expects the crowdfunding campaign to reach 100 million up to the day the game launches in late 2016.

And thats not a new ship. Its the Bulldog (renamed to Vanguard), the 59 million stretch goal twin engine deep space fighter.

It does not cost 250 $. You can get it in game with in game money once the game launches - no real world money needed.  You CAN - however - support the campaign with a 250 $ pledge package that includes this ship. But not one forces you to do that.

"Aegis Bulldog-class Twin-Engine Deep Space Fighter – Strike hard from a distance! The Bulldog, a recent design from Aegis, has quickly become Earth’s premier deep space fighter. Deep space fighters are typically used to pursue engagements in outlying areas when support from a carrier is not available. Bulldogs are usually flown by ground- and station-based naval forces, and are widely used by militia squadrons. Specifically designed to operate from planetary bases and engage targets up to a star system’s distance, the fighter trades some maneuverability for an extended supply of fuel and munitions as well as basic survival accommodations for a pilot and radar operator. The Bulldog’s RIO operates a turret, the ship’s missile loadout (optionally) and its highly advanced sensor suite. This distinct scanning array gives the ‘Dog a particular advantage when fighting in and around an obstacle such as an asteroid field or nebula! Finally, the Bulldog is known to be an extraordinarily sturdy spacecraft, with multiple backup systems not commonly found in single-seat ships; stories of Bulldogs limping back to base with a single engine and half their fuselage exposed to vacuum have become common as the battle against the Vanduul has heated up."

Have fun

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Is Star Citizen like, the first MMO to suffer from power creep (the concept of new stuff being stronger than the old stuff) before the MMO even existed?

Maybe. By the time it releases it will be like WoW people in Naxx T3 getting the shit beat out of them by people in BC greens.

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    $250 for a graphical asset in a game, stop peddling rip off crap and go actually build the game you are promising build.
    Do some research first before you boo and hiss  - they are working on the game for years now and report on it in detail ...  some people are just too lazy to read these reports. There is constant progress being made. This is a AAA level game with a typical development time of 4-5 years ... and we are at 50 % at the moment. Patience, young padawan, patience !

Have fun
    Originally posted by Copperfield

not only the game is not even ready for years.. but it will be heavy p2w which it already is.

You DO understand that this is a crowdfunded game with a 4-5 year development time (and we are at 50 % atm), do you not ?

THAT is why its not ready yet.

THAT is why its not P2W just because some people donate more than others in a crowdfunding campaign.

Have fun

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Erillion
    Do some research first before you boo and hiss  - they are working on the game for years now and report on it in detail ...  some people are just too lazy to read these reports. There is constant progress being made. This is a AAA level game with a typical development time of 4-5 years ... and we are at 50 % at the moment. Patience, young padawan, patience !

Have fun

One of my favorite sayings is "A fool and his money" well, you know the rest...

A weapon costs like 10-15$, is not that bad.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/weapons

Or it costs nothing but a bit of in game time and the in game currency called REC (system went live today).

Have fun

No one says that 100 million are required. Chris Roberts said in an interview he expects the crowdfunding campaign to reach 100 million up to the day the game launches in late 2016.

Have fun

You are correct , only 20 mil have been required  to make the game. The rest is making the game better.

Originally posted by Nyghthowler

One of my favorite sayings :

"Haters will hate, no matter what."

I pity them .. what a bleak and lousy, joyless existence.

Have fun

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840

Have fun

Money is meant to be burned ! Why else go to work everyday.

Have fun

Do you realize this sounds like, "you don't have a right to be skeptical because you are ignorant"?

Do you realize, to a calm, inquisiting mind this raises huge alarms?

I'd love to love this game. Of all the crowdfunded garbage, I've harped on this the least. It's getting... bad. It looks bad. It's starting to smell bad. It's time to deliver with the funding they have, a hopefully solid game, and make the rest of that profit on the merits of a solid, released game.

Originally posted by TiamatRoa

Is Star Citizen like, the first MMO to suffer from power creep (the concept of newer stuff being stronger than the older stuff, raising the bar of how powerful the players are) before the MMO even existed?

In Star Citizen every ship has a role.

Newer is not better than older. Bigger is not better than smaller.

If you use a ship for its intended role, its very good. If you use it for something vastly different, it will suck. Big time. No matter the price tag.

Have fun

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This is getting ridiculous, wish I would not have backed this game. They have enough money to develop this, they are just lining their pockets now with pay to win. And how anyone cannot call being able buy the "ultimate fighter ship" with cash NOT pay to win is baffling to me. How long will it take me in game to get a ship you paid hundreds of dollars for?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Have fun

That's not fair at all. It is truly a strawman argument. You're painting critics as "haters" and that isn't so. There's a very real possibility people want to like Star Citizen, are curious about it, and you're locking down natural, logical defense mechanisms with "don't worry, trust me!". Well, no, I won't do that. If you want to back something you think well of, you need to do better.

Do you realize this sounds like, "you don't have a right to be skeptical because you are ignorant"?

I do realize this previous post  could  have sounded  like "Stop talking crap without having a clue what you are talking about ... go do some reading on the topic first"

Have fun

Have fun