Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience potion screenie

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I've never had a problem with EXP potions in games like ESO that split up PvP and PvE.  On games like AA, that's where it becomes P2W because the PvP is mixed in with the PvE.  Having someone reach max level just a few hours into the launch when the vast majority of players are only like level 10, then you got a problem.

Getting to max level faster than other people doesn't affect PvP balance, in a game that is still largely balance around experience?

I'm not following what you're saying.

How well does a Level 50 VR4 character fare in PvP vs a level 50 VR14 character in this game?

Originally posted by Sincrest
    Originally posted by Octagon7711
    They have really reduced the xp in this game.  Like SWTOR you have to do all the side quests and a little grinding to keep from being under leveled in the next zone.

Never had this problem in eso or swtor highly doubt any xp has been lowered would have people raging on forums.

Half the people who buy the game can't even post on the forums because their forum invitation/account system is completely broken ;-)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Darksworm
    They have really reduced the xp in this game.  Like SWTOR you have to do all the side quests and a little grinding to keep from being under leveled in the next zone.

Never had this problem in eso or swtor highly doubt any xp has been lowered would have people raging on forums.

Half the people who buy the game can't even post on the forums because their forum invitation/account system is completely broken ;-)

Half the people?

For someone who doesn't like the game you sure spend a lot of time in this forum giving your "opinions" AKA... bullshit

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

Half the people?

For someone who doesn't like the game you sure spend a lot of time in this forum giving your "opinions" AKA... bullshit

Yes, the "Invitation not found" bug with their forum system has been around since Beta.  Maybe you should get yourself up to speed on it.  The only way to get on the forums is to contact support and get them to fix it, if they fix it.

Also, my opinion is as useful as yours.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I have no problem with the exp potions.

I would actually level some alts and finish up the VR grind with them.  Bring em on I say, I need something to spend my crowns on.

Half the people?

Yes, the "Invitation not found" bug with their forum system has been around since Beta.  Maybe you should get yourself up to speed on it.  The only way to get on the forums is to contact support and get them to fix it, if they fix it.

Also, my opinion is as useful as yours.

Actually no, your opinion has little use. Your opinion that half the people can't get into the forums and that implication that if they could get in the forums they would complain about the non-existent XP nerfs are both just plain lies. Lats time I looked, lying to diss a game is just trolling - not much value in that.

The facts are that everyone can get into the forums unless banned and if something goes wrong and they can't , they'll fix that for you... compare that to "half the people."

And another fact is there are no XP nerfs to boost XP pot sales... which is the other "opinion" you're sharing with us.

Like I said, totally worthless trolling.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260

I understand the nature of the crown store and as long as they don't handicap the non-subs or people who don't want to use the crown store I'm ok with it. 

If they start nerfing exp for those users I'll walk away.

Originally posted by Moar61

I understand the nature of the crown store and as long as they don't handicap the non-subs or people who don't want to use the crown store I'm ok with it. 

If they start nerfing exp for those users I'll walk away.

And you won't be the only one. That would be a deal breaker for lots of us.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• FranconsteinFranconstein Member UncommonPosts: 99

What's all the fuss about? I don't get it. Leveling faster doesn't give you an advantage over other players... In any case, you'll have worse equipment when leveling (remember WoW's refer-a-friend x3 boost? Greening level 50 dungeons?)

I'd understand if they sold something that actually gave you more power, but as it is, it's a "commodity". You can spend 300 hours leveling a character if that's what you enjoy, or spend 200 by spending money. Why would anyone rush through a game, beats me, but I don't think it's a "problem" if they offer the option.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Ernest Hemingway

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Franconstein

What's all the fuss about? I don't get it. Leveling faster doesn't give you an advantage over other players... In any case, you'll have worse equipment when leveling (remember WoW's refer-a-friend x3 boost? Greening level 50 dungeons?)

I'd understand if they sold something that actually gave you more power, but as it is, it's a "commodity". You can spend 300 hours leveling a character if that's what you enjoy, or spend 200 by spending money. Why would anyone rush through a game, beats me, but I don't think it's a "problem" if they offer the option.

I don't see that much of a fuss over it in the first place?  Most people are just expressing concerns at this moment.  +50% exp isn't going to break the game when the level cap is reasonably attainable without it, but it does show how high Zenimax is willing to shoot for the difference between buying something and not buying something, which makes people worry just how far Zenimax might go in the future with other things.

Basically, far as I can tell, no one is really quititng over this, but it's cause for concern for what might happen to other cash shop aspects in the future.

• FranconsteinFranconstein Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

I don't see that much of a fuss over it in the first place?  Most people are just expressing concerns at this moment.  +50% exp isn't going to break the game when the level cap is reasonably attainable without it, but it does show how high Zenimax is willing to shoot for the difference between buying something and not buying something, which makes people worry just how far Zenimax might go in the future with other things.

Basically, far as I can tell, no one is really quititng over this, but it's cause for concern for what might happen to other cash shop aspects in the future.

Thanks for this clarification. I also mis-worded myself. It wasn't "fuss" but "concern". I can see how they fear a P2W model coming. I doubt that a well-respected company like Bethesda would allow that, but who knows?

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Ernest Hemingway

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

If your 300 and 200 hours become 600 hours and 200 - half the xp gain, double the pot power - would that be OK? What about 1200 and 200? If (level gated) content being unplayable unless you buy potions is that OK?

That is the point that Moab, Iselin and others are getting at. There is a line in the sand and if crossed - hello Dungeon Keeper Online - the game becomes unplayable unless people make cash shop purchases. That is what the fuss is about.

Now I am not suggesting that TESO has crossed the line. Just pointing out that there is one. It could actually diminish the levelling experience as well if it results in people "over levelling". (Fine if you just want to pvp but for pve - nah.) 

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

As much as I would generally prefer to not have the option to pay for this kind of advancement - holy hell would I love to be able to level 50% faster. I really enjoy ESO, but man, the leveling is slow. 

If Zeni wants to make me REALLY happy, they would make that potion a really rare, untradable drop. Being able to stumble upon an xp potion once in a great while would really take the sting out of them being sold for cash. For me, anyway. 

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

As others have said, just having the XP potion in the cash shop is not that big of a deal. Unless ....

Unless they lower the regular XP gained, so that you basically *need* the potion to make any real progress. If they do that, then for me it is all over.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

We are still working on fixing issues that some of you are seeing with Enlightenment, and exploring opportunities to increase XP gained in Dungeons and Trials.

This means I'm not the only thinking xp was nerfed.  A lot of forums are saying they reduced exp and spawn rates to a lot of grind spots.  Some players won't even tell their grinding locations for fear of nerfs. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by gervaise1

If your 300 and 200 hours become 600 hours and 200 - half the xp gain, double the pot power - would that be OK? What about 1200 and 200? If (level gated) content being unplayable unless you buy potions is that OK?

That is the point that Moab, Iselin and others are getting at. There is a line in the sand and if crossed - hello Dungeon Keeper Online - the game becomes unplayable unless people make cash shop purchases. That is what the fuss is about.

Now I am not suggesting that TESO has crossed the line. Just pointing out that there is one. It could actually diminish the levelling experience as well if it results in people "over levelling". (Fine if you just want to pvp but for pve - nah.) 

Agreed. Whenever a cash shop is introduced, given what we have seen before elsewhere, it's reasonable to be concerned and monitor changes.

But as of this moment, so far so good.

I actually started a new character after 1.6 dropped. I've always hated sorcerer builds with pets, but decided to give it a shot now that many things have changed, especially the removal of the magicka penalty for having a pet summoned (and as an aside, in the lower levels up to the level 36 mine currently is, it's very OP'd for solo PVE. The two pets + Overload lets me solo dolmens and any and all world bosses - even the double and triple bosses - with ease.)

My sub runs out in two weeks so for the time being I'm getting the +10% XP and I'm struggling to not outlevel content by more than 5 levels (no XP fighting mobs 6 levels below) doing just the quests, delves, public dungeons and the odd group dungeon here and there... and killing just the mobs along the way - no grinding at all.

Without the +10% XP I currently have, I'd be level 33 which is still higher than the content at the very end of Greenshade where I am now.

If I'd been using +50% I'd be level 50 alreadyand would have needed to skip several areas. So no, there is 0 XP nerfing going on right now. 

However I can see myself getting some XP pots for the Vet level XP grind which I've never liked. Besides, there is absolutely nothing else in the cash shop right now that's tempting me to use any of the 3200 Crowns they gave me.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Agreed. Whenever a cash shop is introduced, given what we have seen before elsewhere, it's reasonable to be concerned and monitor changes.

I actually started a new character after 1.6 dropped. I've always hated sorcerer builds with pets, but decided to give it a shot now that many things have changed, especially the removal of the magicka penalty for having a pet summoned (and as an aside, in the lower levels up to the level 36 mine currently is, it's very OP'd for solo PVE. The two pets + Overload lets me solo dolmens and any and all world bosses - even the double and triple bosses - with ease.)

My sub runs out in two weeks so for the time being I'm getting the +10% XP and I'm struggling to not outlevel content by more than 5 levels (no XP fighting mobs 6 levels below) doing just the quests, delves, public dungeons and the odd group dungeon here and there... and killing just the mobs along the way - no grinding at all.

Without the +10% XP I currently have, I'd be level 33 which is still higher than the content at the very end of Greenshade where I am now.

If I'd been using +50% I'd be level 50 alreadyand would have needed to skip several areas. So no, there is 0 XP nerfing going on right now. 

However I can see myself getting some XP pots for the Vet level XP grind which I've never liked. Besides, there is absolutely nothing else in the cash shop right now that's tempting me to use any of the 3200 Crowns they gave me.

I'm interested.  How many hours do you play?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

I'm interested.  How many hours do you play?

Enough to know there is no XP nerf. How many do you play?

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

For me the best moment in SWTOR was when they had the 12x XP rate for story missions...brilliant idea!

If they add +50% EXP potions to a slow leveling game like ESO...I'll be boarding ship and enjoying Tamriel for a while!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

We are still working on fixing issues that some of you are seeing with Enlightenment, and exploring opportunities to increase XP gained in Dungeons and Trials.

This means I'm not the only thinking xp was nerfed.  A lot of forums are saying they reduced exp and spawn rates to a lot of grind spots.  Some players won't even tell their grinding locations for fear of nerfs. 

They have been nerfing every super grind spot for the past year.  That's nothing new. It's something they do. They will allow grinding to be a little faster than other means, but not by much.  Don't get me wrong, I wish they would leave some, but like I said this has been going on for the past year.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • mmoluvammoluva Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Originally posted by bcbully

It is common knowledge OP. A few weeks ago Matt Firor said they would be adding XP pots at some point. 

Is this what I expected? It's better than I expected. I might actually level my v4 Sorcerer when they go live.

I'm very happy because I thought they would be 40%.

They have been nerfing every super grind spot for the past year.  That's nothing new. It's something they do. They will allow grinding to be a little faster than other means, but not by much.  Don't get me wrong, I wish they would leave some, but like I said this has been going on for the past year.

I'm not saying it's something new.  During beta xp was nice in dungeons, pvp, and grinding in general.  They nerfed it all so people would have to focus on quests to level.  So I agree with you it's on-going. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    XP pots are fine half the people crying here are the same ones that cried in the past how they couldnt wait  for this game to be free to play or buy to play. Now that its exactly what you wished for people are crying about P2W over xp pots and grinding champion points yet you didnt want to pay a monthly fee to play the game. Companies make money period they do not make games for charity. The good thing about it all is if you want to stand up and not play you can log in anytime in the future to play without the fee so many cried here about and how the game wasnt worth a sub. I like the idea of boosters to help the champion points grind because I got about 3k more crowns sitting there with nothing to spend them on just from being issued crowns for the months I played. 
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

I'm not saying it's something new.  During beta xp was nice in dungeons, pvp, and grinding in general.  They nerfed it all so people would have to focus on quests to level.  So I agree with you it's on-going. 

this is not true at all . The grinding spots were nerfed because of bots and abusing questing spots and locations. For the first 3 months or more of this games life you couldnt even do quests or get credit in the delves for achievements because morons were camping the mobs for soul gems and free greens. I had to run back two toons 6 months later just to be able to get all my achievements for master explorers and dyes because of all that nonsense. It went on in craglorn as well when it released.

Originally posted by gunmanvlad

For me the best moment in SWTOR was when they had the 12x XP rate for story missions...brilliant idea!

If they add +50% EXP potions to a slow leveling game like ESO...I'll be boarding ship and enjoying Tamriel for a while!

That was one of the reasons I returned to SWTOR and leveled up my characters.  It was really nice to just do the main story.