Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

too late ESO, my money already spent on MMORPG that wants to be much more like Skyrim

YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

I bought ESO in March 2014, quit in summer.

Installed again two days ago with Tamriel Unlimited launch, walked around for an hour, upgraded my horse, got bored, and left.

So, I went and spent $250 on an upcoming next-gen MMORPG that wants to draw inspiration from Skyrim, with real first-person shooter combat (hit detection and shield walls), without silly skill hot bars and cooldowns, and full focus on immersion and role-playing.

For the $250 I got my own house (should look like something in the screenshot below), something that ESO will possibly never offer either.

It's my final bet in the genre of fantasy MMORPGs.

Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
* more info, screenshots and videos here

Comments

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    At least tell us what game you spent your $250 on.
  • TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91
    Revival?
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    250 dollars on a internet house.....got it. Make sure when that game releases you come back and tell us how much you hate that one to is okay?
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Have the past 10 years taught us NOTHING?!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SO in a $250 game, is it going to be to fun to do absolutely nothing but walk around ?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Does this game actually exist yet or is it just a concept kickstarter that may or may not ever come out?

...honestly, if you really wanted to support this game, you'd at least have told people what this game was.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

whats the games name?

did you forget already.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Pretty sure the person did it on purpose.  It was shown on mmorpg.com last year I believe, but I can't remember the name since it wasn't going to see the light of day for at least 3 or 4 years at the time.

Update - Found it.  The game is called Revival

https://www.revivalgame.com/

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    So how many threads are you running already to hype up that other game? Maybe start one in every MMO subforum?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Conspicuous consumer consuming conspicuously.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

I'm no lover of ESO and TBH thought it was a rip off. That said its 10000000000 times better than a concept that doesnt exist and is selling "houses"for $250 (which would be a hell of alot of months on a subscription MMO)

ESO isnt a game I enjoy. Its still real, tangible and not just an overpriced idea.

-Good luck op. Hope this all works out for you. I imagine the hype threads on this non game will be ramping up as more promises and hype come from the devs of this non game.

I just hope I have enough popcorn in a few years . My popcorn stash will more than likely be diminished by that time with all the other non games coming out.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yet another person joining the whining train when that game release and disappoint him then complain for being ripped off of $250.

Im excited about Revival and im looking forward to it, but throwing anywhere near $250 just because im mad at the game i wanted for not entertaining me is FUBAR.

Oh well, it wasnt my money so i wont be QQing when the train wrecks.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    People complain about P2W whales what about kickstarter whales...
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Because we all know that throwing money at a problem always results in a solution...
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407

Revivalgame.com my guess and from what info I have seen if you pay sub and use money...p2w though the devs claim otherwise, not to mention world events can destroy your home that cost you 250 though apparently you will be able to get insurance..

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

Must...not....troll. 

Good on you buddy! That'll show em! And thanks for telling all of us about it. I read every word. 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Yanocchi

Installed again two days ago with Tamriel Unlimited launch, walked around for an hour, upgraded my horse, got bored, and left.

So, I went and spent $250 on an upcoming next-gen MMORPG that wants to draw inspiration from Skyrim, with real first-person shooter combat (hit detection and shield walls), without silly skill hot bars and cooldowns, and full focus on immersion and role-playing.

For the $250 I got my own house (should look like something in the screenshot below), something that ESO will possibly never offer either.

This image doesn't link to any game that exist.

The fact that you "donated" 250 dollars to a "next gen MMO" that doesn't exist seems a little odd.

By all means correct me if i'm mistaken.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Originally posted by Yanocchi

1, you dont' say what the game is so this post is just a rant

2, I remember that screen shot from a game that is being developed but not actually finished.

3, You may or may not have wasted your money and only time will tell.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
This discussion has been closed.