Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most difficult single player PC RPGs?

2»

Comments

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

• hrd2kchhrd2kch Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Give the original Risen a try. I really enjoyed it and found it rather difficult to start and difficulty seemed to ramp up quickly enough that the game stayed challenging until the end.

Never underestimate the power of Stupid people in large groups.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

There is Legend of Grimrock.  It's kind of old school meets new graphics in that it's played in first person, plays in real time, but you control a party of 4 that you actually physically don't see.  The game has some interesting puzzles to it, but the environment is pretty much all in tunnels that vary in width and sometimes lead to more open rooms.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207170/

In fact it's currently on sale for $9 USD

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Witcher 2 permadeath mode. so you can play Witcher 3 permadeath mode afterwards when it hits in May. if it is all not too actiony for you.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

As someone said before, (non tiled) roguelikes are the most difficult singleplayer games you are gonna find, they are filled with artificial difficulty which is honestly the only way to make PVE challenging ever.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Atari E.T.
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Pixel Dungeon, its a rogue-like dungeon crawler in the google play store...very hard, 90% of beating the game is luck...
  • BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354
    skyrim on legendary difficulty without mods, starting fresh, that took a bit to get through.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Atari E.T.

best game ever image

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    if you increase limit to 15 years, i would say wizardry 8 iron man :)
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Divinity II is pretty difficult, on medium setting I was getting raeped by mobs that were equal to my level and I had some pretty good equipment
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Skuall
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Atari E.T.

best game ever image

Still have my original copy lol. 30y old and still going haha.

Didn't they bury the remaining batch because they were too ashamed for it?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by fivetigers

Title says it all.  I'm looking for titles released in the past 10 years. 

Let me try to further explain what I'm looking for.  I want something where the game is inherently difficult, not something that I have to max out the difficulty setting.  Most modern games are designed to let players win, I want a game that forces the player to use skill and tactics to win.  I want a game that doesn't let the player become ridiculously overpowered without time, effort, and careful thought put into their character or party.

No need to suggest Dark Souls.  I am aware of the  series, and I enjoyed what I played of them, but they are a little bit more actioney that what I am in the mood for at the moment.

One of my favourites is Blackguards 1 and 2.They are different in the way they are made.The combat is turn based which includes puzzles with combat.very challenging in parts to the point sometimes you wanna throw the pc out the window.But nonetheless very good.Also divinity original sin..also another game by the same company but its from 12 yrs back called divine divinity.its a 2d game but you can now play it on 1080p on steam.The game looks and plays fantastic.holds up well even today.Also the risen games are good,especially risen 1 where positioning is everything.you will die in that game .risen 2 and 3 are a little easier.they changed the combat for some reason but are still good games .