Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING!!! Stay clear of Path of Exile!!!!!

Comments

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I'm waiting for him to tell us how runescape blew up his last gaming laptop. Only problem I've ever had with poe was desync. Not sure if that got fixed since the last time I played. Aside from that never heard of it killing anyones rig.
  • starstorm777starstorm777 Member UncommonPosts: 114

I SHOULD HAVE NO DAMN PROBLEM RUNNING THE GAME...

BUT I DO....NO OTHER GAME OR PROGRAM HAS EVER

I REPEAT EVER CRASHED MY SYSTEM....NEVER!

SPECS:

------------------------

AMD A8-4500M APU WITH RADEON HD GRAPHICS 1.90 GHZ

6.00 G MEM

X64 OPER SYS

WINDOWS 8.1

LORDZEIK, AS FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM NOT A HIM THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

I AM A SHE.

LMAO@pULSARMAN.... haha! 

• viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Most entertaining thread I've read in a while.  Thanks op.  
  • bstbybstby Member Posts: 3
    I don't have any problem with overheating, but do experience the heavy lagspikes. And I'm absolutely sure it's not my ISP, as POE is the only game I'm have lag troubles with. It lags every 10-15 minutes, and basically makes the game in hardcore leagues unplayable - lagspike, boom you're dead.
    And Dilweed, I never said I paid $1,000s for my laptop, someone else did, I am not BRAGGIN about my system, I am BITCHING because my system should be able to run it and it doesn't....I just don't understand it, was wondering if anyone had a solution??? DURRR....?!!! Blazzzay blazzay.....y'all trippin lmao
    you're so welcome Vile, I had nothing better to do today, I'm currently catching up on Days of Our Lives at the same time and cleaning house, and chatting to my friends on my Korean site and checking out new K-Pop videos on YouTube and keeping up with my other social sites, I'm a great multitasker, .....haha.....this is entertaining though is it not? People get so pissed over nothing, but I have a right to be pissed and create a board ....cause my nice laptop damn near fried due to that stupid game.
    bstby, well I know it's not my ISP, I have the fastest internet I can buy for personal use in my area.....I have xfinity xtreme....105 mps... so that is surely not the problem (which is actually running at 124 mbs) clocked at speedtest
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    My PC needs a massive upgrade and ive never had any issues with PoE other than their typical desync which we all know its on their end. My PC is doomed and it does overheat and tends to shut down every once in a while, many times a day, but its not thanks to any games. Much less PoE that runs on a potato.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by starstorm777

LORDZEIK, AS FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I AM NOT A HIM THANK YOU VERY MUCH 

I AM A SHE.

Going to need some proof before I believe that one. I'll take a photo of you with a piece of paper badmouthing me/having your forum name on there somewhere. Thanks!

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I have no idea why your laptop is doing this other than maybe it's dusty or something. I've been able to run POE on my desktop for 10 hours straight with no issues overheating, and on my laptop for a while (don't really play games on my laptop that often) and it didn't have any issues, and it's like 6 or 7 years old.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

It happens with every game. No need to give a warning imho. /shrug

GW2

FFXIV ARR

World of Warcraft

TSW

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

The OP should take a picture of his laptop.

I bet it dont have racing stripes and lots of lights as all good gaming laptops have.

Thisone is AWESOME and it has NITRO and it never runs hot neither.

LORDZEIK, I JUST UPLOADED A PHOTO OF ME FOR YOU TO PROVE TO YOU I AM FEMALE, DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVE TO DO THIS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF GIRL GAMERS IN THE WORLD TODAY YOU KNOW....WAKE UP TO THE REALITY. IT IS ON MY PROFILE UNDER THE PHOTOS I HAVE UPLOADED. YOUR COMMENT IS BEHIND ME IN THE PHOTO.
  • MMOVet74MMOVet74 Member UncommonPosts: 76

So I found  a review of the OP's laptop. Asian dude didn't mention anything about overheating while playing POE.  I smell a troll. 

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2884331/msi-gt80-titan-review-a-crazy-fast-gaming-laptop-with-an-old-school-desktop-keyboard.html

If that's the case then why am I having issues?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I did not witness any such problem and my PC was bought merely for it's CPU,there is no fancy cooling system at all.

My laptop on the other hand can heat up in any game but that again was ONLY when i used it a lot during hot summers days.

I thought trhis was going to be about the actual game,then i was going to lol because millions bought Diablo 3 and POE is actually about 10% better than D3 and costs a heck of a lot less.

If there was an actual legit complaint it is the SPAM and that is what this genre is all about,even in DIablo,create a character that spams 1-2 shot kills.So zero combat interaction,your build maters a lot more than any skill and there is really no content,just repeated spam killing over and over and over.

Heating?IMO your doing something wrong or have a badly designed laptop because i have no such problems with a very cheap built PC.

LOl ok i took a look at picture ,i figured i would see some obvious giveaway and see the OBVIOUS,WHY oh WHY are you playing in front of a WINDOW that reflects the SUN onto your Laptop?Cmon now that should be a rather obvious thing to NOT do as MOST laptops tend to run hotter than any PC,so you have to take some precautions.There is likely even a heating duct right under that window also generating heat up behind your laptop as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Amjoco

It happens with every game. No need to give a warning imho. /shrug

GW2

FFXIV ARR

World of Warcraft

TSW

That's probably it. Some freak bug that one in a million players suffer from.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Sounds like something wrong on your end, I've played the game since 2011 and there's many many many problems with it, but this isn't one of them, lol.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Every time I hear "gaming" laptop it makes me chuckle.  Of course you have problems...

• DilweedDilweed Member UncommonPosts: 222

I still think your laptop is shit. if cleaning doesn't help, it is definitely shit.

Laptops are not made for gaming, changing the name to "gaming laptop" doesn't help.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

8th time is the charm... do it... you know you want to.

DILWEED, you can suck my non-existent dick.....my laptop isn't shit, it runs everything else perfectly fine with shaders all on and shadows so whatever.....the game IS GOOD I never said it wasn't, just mad I can't run it cause I should be able to, it just overheats my machine like a bitch for some damn reason. Good day, I'm done with this, I got better things to do, just thought someone could answer me why but all y'all doin is nit-pickin at me and my laptop which nothing is wrong with...so carry on with pretending to be bigger than the next person that has a problem on the boards....
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Dilweed

I still think your laptop is shit. if cleaning doesn't help, it is definitely shit.

Laptops are not made for gaming, changing the name to "gaming laptop" doesn't help.

there are gaming laptops.

Why some people always make these type of comments is beyond me, i think you are just trolling at this point.

This discussion has been closed.