Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any advice for a returnee ?

JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I bought the game and only played it for a couple of weeks after the launch.  When it goes buy to play I will give it another look. I will probably delete all my old toons since none are lvl 50 and start from lvl 1. I don't remember squat about the came except it had great graphics and was solo friendly at the low levels so I think a restart is in order.  I normally play magic slinger or bow user in MMO's so that will be my first toon. If I play for a few days and I am enjoying myself I will sub.

Any advice on class etc is welcome but haters don't bother to reply , this is free for me and I will make up my mind as to whether I am enjoying it or not. Just looking for some positive tips

I miss DAoC

Comments

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
  • PulsarManPulsarMan Member Posts: 289

For class, just go with what sounds the most appealing to you. I'm sure others can provide more information on the benefits of one class over the other, but as far as I've always understood...everyone can do everything to some level of success. How you build your character and what weapons / armor / skills you use is entirely up to you. 

I mainly tell friends picking up the game to spend the time installing addons, as a number of these are a huge quality of life upgrade. Minion is an excellent addon manager / search tool. I personally recommend:

Fountry Tactical Combat

MiniMap

Wykkyd's Quest Tracker

LoreBooks

SkyShards

LootDrop

Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions! :)

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Jackdog

I bought the game and only played it for a couple of weeks after the launch.  When it goes buy to play I will give it another look. I will probably delete all my old toons since none are lvl 50 and start from lvl 1. I don't remember squat about the came except it had great graphics and was solo friendly at the low levels so I think a restart is in order.  I normally play magic slinger or bow user in MMO's so that will be my first toon. If I play for a few days and I am enjoying myself I will sub.

Any advice on class etc is welcome but haters don't bother to reply , this is free for me and I will make up my mind as to whether I am enjoying it or not. Just looking for some positive tips

both templar and nightblades have strong builds for bow and pretty much any class can do resto or destruction well. I would suggest you check out tamriel foundry forums for current 1.6 builds. Since the game play for so many builds changed in 1.6 most people are still learning the new skills and abilities. Also keep in mind once you learn the games classes and skill lines you can pretty much build anything you like. Also keep in mind that a strong build in pve will not be the best in pvp and vice versa. Pvp is about burst dps or outlasting your opponent by resource draining them damage shields etc while pve is more focuses on sustained dps and survivability etc. Welcome back to ESO I to played DAOC for years and while ESO is not perfect it still has some great pvp similar to DAOC once they get the performance issues finally settled out.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    For returnee's the main advice i'd give them is 'patience' there is a lot to dislike about the game, but to get the most out of it, then your really going to need to be patient, because likely the reasons people left the game in the first place, have not changed, but at least now there is no sub involved, so there is no reason not to 'persevere' and that takes patience.image
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Phry
    For returnee's the main advice i'd give them is 'patience' there is a lot to dislike about the game, but to get the most out of it, then your really going to need to be patient, because likely the reasons people left the game in the first place, have not changed, but at least now there is no sub involved, so there is no reason not to 'persevere' and that takes patience.image

majority of the quest bugs are now fixed in game but some performance issues still are around from release. PvP is still a mess with lag on the main busy campaign. The vet ranks still take forever to level through but they did lower the experience needed to 1 mil so thats a plus and now since 1.6 you get tons of champion points while you are leveling up your vet levels in end game so it makes it much less painful a grind. I personally think the game is much better now though not perfect but it has come a very long way since release.