Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks very dated now

13»

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Dimension graphics are pretty good. I havent fooled around in over a year in that game but dimension building was pretty much it for me before I left. But sice then been a lot of theme park content added. I did do one section of the water world area seemed OK.

But ESO should have totally cut and pasted the dimensions part of Rift and made doorways in cities to peoples 'houses' (dimension) akin to how they did it in Vanilla Skyrim.

Developers making PvE focused MMOs these days that dont include housing are not developers I want making a PvE game.
  • MmoFan2012MmoFan2012 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    rodarin said:
    Dimension graphics are pretty good. I havent fooled around in over a year in that game but dimension building was pretty much it for me before I left. But sice then been a lot of theme park content added. I did do one section of the water world area seemed OK.

But ESO should have totally cut and pasted the dimensions part of Rift and made doorways in cities to peoples 'houses' (dimension) akin to how they did it in Vanilla Skyrim.

Developers making PvE focused MMOs these days that dont include housing are not developers I want making a PvE game.
    Rift and SL was the ticket, then nothing. they went F2P, lost the pvp players, lost the mature pve/raid players, then now Trion is moving on to minecraft and third party old MMOs. unreal. SOE pulled a little if this over the years but nothing compared to the speed and intensity Trion has failed it's customers.

• SeriphinXSeriphinX Member UncommonPosts: 19
    When I first started playing it at launch, I always thought there was a pleasurable amount of polish to it.  But that was years ago.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    Disagree with the OP. I like Rift's art style and prefer it to WoW's cartoony style. Only issues I have with Rift are performance in the high population cities.
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    Iselin said:

When I think of Rift, I think of magentas and purples... yuck! Honestly, I do. 

That's interesting, I always think of cyans and turquoises. :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Jaedor said:
    Disagree with the OP. I like Rift's art style and prefer it to WoW's cartoony style. Only issues I have with Rift are performance in the high population cities.
    Its not the art style that sets these two games appart...

its the annimations, combat in rift has allways felt unnaturall and stiff to me..

in WoW everything works seemless and fluently, and despite the cartoony artform this makes the world of wow feel more alive then Rift.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    DMKano said:
    It's a bit stiff but looks fine IMO. Then again I think Project 99 looks fine to me, same with Minecraft. 

It's all a matter of personal taste.

I dont find Rift that old looking but p99 or everquest 1 and 2 look like shit.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    shenfrey said:

Explain why me asking "Will the games graphics ever be updated?" makes no sense at all?

I am sorry but it appears this forum is filled with haters and low lifes who just want to cause aggro. I asked a simple question, I am not here to flame or insult others. I am sorry if this disappoints you.

Because you have a game who had major problems before going F2P, and investing in new graphics is -often- not worth the money.

For the players it is fun ofc, but the company is saying: will it bring in more players/money? No.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    every mmo in market looks dated.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Thane said:
    Albatroes said:
    Trion hasn't even fixed some of the bugs that were in the game since it was P2P. What makes you think they care about the graphics engine? lol
    well, trion is a freaking publisher in that case and NO dev. but nice comment, beside your obvious trion hate any useful things to share?
    Been posting here since 2003 with over 2000 post and still has no idea what he's talking about.
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    edited August 2016
    RIFT looks way better than WoW and many other mmorpgs.

Use Ultimate setting and see how Ember island looks  with all the effects.

The combat animations could use an upgrade though.

• shot-linkshot-link Member UncommonPosts: 1
    yes the game is dated... im kinder a game Dev here well working on my own game .and love rift.. yes its buggy as and graphics is old... its a old dx9 game.. the Gamebryo engine has been updated and rift Dev's are making rift in the new Gamebryo 64bit engine *meaning dx12 and 64 bit support also AMD mantle .. when its ported over to that... Then they can upgrade textures and draw distance ect... the dx9 32bit system they used is ugg horrible to work with as Gamebryo is very limited in the 32bit.. so rift is at its limits with graphics atm until the 64bit comes out... they have open beta for 64bit support atm... so there maybe a future for rift.. as long as they really work on the 64bit... then lets hope they really work with the graphics then..

so people saying to them upgrade graphics ... they technically  cant until 64bit... and bugs well i am guessing they wont bother with the 32bit Until the 64bit it complete.. bugs will be fixed... then ...*eve noticed with fps in the game even if u got a high end pc with fps loss its due to game being limited with memory it cant use..with the cpu ram and graphics..

so 64bit will not have ANY Limitations like that..AND should be silky smooth if they DO it right...

meanwhile.. i love rift and its content( tho its has its Ups and downs... *i never seem to get to bored of the game* like on wow.. i seem to get bored and log off lol  i also seem to find rifts community to talk more casual and help out ect .. on some other games u got ppl taking the game way to serious lol