Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for ''shooter'' games, humans vs aliens. Any suggestions?

KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Well, the game can be an MMO, or singleplayer (with or without a multiplayer Component), but I need (at least) a samblance of mission/Campaign structure. (So...... not looking for an ''arena game'' ). Can be either first or third person.

Games that I've tried (and liked) so far:

Resistance series (1,2,3), /// Gears of War series (all of'em), /// Halo series (about all games that I can think of uhuh), /// Crysis Series, /// Dead Space Series (at least nr 3 had necromorphified aliens? : P ), /// Various Aliens vs Predator games, /// XCOM: the Bureau, /// Earth Defence Force Games (console), /// Warhammer 40k Space Marine (..sorta?), /// Destiny (waiting for further updates/expansions for this game), /// Doom/Quake/Unreal/Duke Nukem series (various iterations)

Not exactly what im looking for:

Borderlands (1,2,Prequel) : Totally AWESOME, one of my favourite game series ever (love coop in it), BUT it ain't the kind of game that I'm looking for right now (too loose Campaign structure and not much of that ''desperate fight for survival against aliens'' vibe IMHO).

Killzone Series: Loved the earlier iterations EXCEPT the latest PS4 version (ugh). Alas, as far as I can remember, Helghast ain't exactly aliens (more like somewhat slightly ''mutated'' humans) so, not what im looking for.

Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, Painkiller: Yeah, both legends on their own, but im looking for something a liiiiitle more ''serious'' right now, pun intended (Think Resistance, Gears of War etc).

Metro 2033: Already finished the first game. It was Amazing. Bought both the original AND the enhanced edition of the second game. Corrupt save file issue (brand new very powerful computer fully updated, no other issues with other games).

Bullet Storm: Cool game, finished it, but wasn't really much about aliens anyways, if memory serves.

System Shock 1,2: I've Heard they are Amazing games, but a Little too old for my taste.

Bio Shock series: Played em'all, awesome games once again, but not really vs aliens / fight for the survival of mankind in face of Alien anslought : D

Stalker Series: Love'em...... but mutants and such, not much about aliens, me thinks.

Dead Island / Dying light games: Zombies, and further mutated zombies they may be..... but they arent aliens, eh?

Now thinking of....

Hard Reset: (is this vs aliens or ''evil corporations'' ?

The Order 1886: I KNOW that it ain't exactly about fighting aliens, and Heard that it has quite a short Campaign, and no multiplayer. But IN YOUR OPINIONS, what do u guys Think? Worth a shot for a bloke like me ? :D

SORRY for the uber-long post, I had some time as my new mobile phone was updating / restoring old profile from Itunes heheh. Cheers :)

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Try the Crysis series.

Starts off with fighting humans and end up fighting aliens.

If you have not played any of them I would suggest try all 3, and maybe Crysis warhead too.

Great games IMO.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Destiny. 

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

Auch, Dammit, how could I forget Crysis and Destiny lol :D

THANK YOU for your replies, bros :)

But I already own both games and finished all the Crysis games to boot :) But you had no way of knowing that and otherwise your suggestions were excallent.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Only one I can't think of right now is half life 2. But you've probably played it.

And system shock 2 is worth it IMHO... They have a graphics patch I think that you can download here and there to help with the age.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Also maybe "Mass effect" for more RPG (but probably not exactly what you want), or "Legendary" (it's not E.T. but instead mythical creatures invading earth - so fairly similar story but original setting).
  • SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Black Mesa (there is free mod available now, but I would wait for commerical one that will be complete and with better graphics and stuff and release propably later this year)

Half-Life 2.   If graphics are too ancient for you or if you simply want better looking then download&use "Cinematic Mod"

Hard Reset - althrough not sure if those are aliens.   Genrally humanity is in danger and you need to kill robots that threaten human existence.   No idea if those are alien robots or robots that originate from earth though.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Tabula Rasa

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Give Firefall a shot. Check out there website or the information that is given here to see if you might like it.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Prey, Alien Isolation, Halo Collection
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I gotta go with the X-com games

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385

My bad.... HONESTLY my bad. Apologies.

I have already played Half-life games as well (and enjoyed em immensely, especially II), but forgot to add'em to the list.

About Firefall: an excellent suggestion :) I might en up playing it if I find nothing else that I can fancy, but seeing that its one of the very few games that I might be interested in (given my preferences detailed in the OP) I wanna ''keep/save'' it for a while until something else shows up on my radar.

About the joke: yeah, Tabula Rasa was an interesting game (IMHO)......... WAS :D

Hard Reset: HEHEHE ROFL! :) U guys read my mind exactly! Killer robots from Earth or elien robots from outer space!!?? :D

Alien Isolation; Dang, its the only ''Alien (trademark) game that I HAVEN'T been interested in, for some reason. I dunno why.... I tried it at a friends Place and it simply felt underwhelming to me (no disrespect meant to the fans of the game).

XCOM: Yupp, add Xenonauts and even Falling Skies, as well. An outstanding suggestion (perhaps the epitome of humans/Earth vs Alien invaders theme), BUT SINCE THEY ARE STRATEGY GAMES (with the exception of ''the Bureau'' that I listed in OP) these aren't exactly what im lookin' for right now.

I Think that between me and you guys, we have created a historical list of all ''Humans vs Aliens'' type of shooters that we can think of, eh?

Do please lemme know if you have any other suggestions regarding a game of choice with human vs Alien theme :)

Cheers.

• amoiyamoiy Member Posts: 20
    Destiny and warframe
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

well, if you aren'tz scared of older games:

quake wars, or rather enemy territory :)

when it was "new" it was one of the best MP shooters out there imo. and it is still looking for equals :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"