Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have been gone a while and here are my thoughts on MMOs today

Alright. As you can probably tell i havent posted here in a long time and havent even really payed attention to all the discussions that have been going on. There used to be so many arguments on EQ2 and WoW and which on is better than the other. Ive been playing MMOs for ohhhhhh about 3 to 4 years now. My first MMO was EverQuest. this is my order of what i played.

EverQuest
Planetside
EverQuest
Earth & Beyond
Played som BF1942 for a long time
CoH
EverQuest
EQ2 - Beta
WoW - Beta
EverQuest

Now i am back at playing EverQuest and i like it a whole lot better then i did.

Now to the point...

In my opinion its not really the game itself that is great. Its the surroundings. My first MMO was Everquest and i found it tough to get used to new games. The interface, the people, the lingo, the world is all different. Its tough to go to a whole different world after learning all the ways of a game. All the zone names, the lingo people use, how to act in game all change between games. EverQuest just feels like home to me. Now some games are just too bad to even start when your a beginner. But there are people new to MMOs who will be playing these new games. These are the people that will adapt the most. Then later on in thier life if they try another MMO it will be tough for them to accept the change. With all these new MMOs out there is a confussion on which on is going to be the best. But thats a hard thing to judge. Its merely what all the new comers find more attractive and what all the vets think will benefit them best. I honestly dont care about the new games because i just realized that my game is the game i have been going back to for years and everyone has that kind of game. for some its WoW, or EQ2, or CoH, and yes even SWG ::::33::. I dont know i was just borde and felt like writing this lol.

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    If you like Everquest, you might check out Vanguard as well.
    It is made by one of EQ co-creator, Brad McQuaid.

Vanguard will take inspiration from Everquest, but will add some new original features and will borrow some good ideas from other games.  image

• Veiled_lightVeiled_light Member UncommonPosts: 800
    keeping my fingers crossed for another EQ like game, hopefully they put the fun factor in this game :)
  • zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    yeah here's to hoping they don't screw the next one (Vanguard) up image
  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by MegaWolf
    As you can probably tell i havent posted here in a long time and havent even really payed attention to all the discussions that have been going on.

Can't say I noticed.

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

I'm getting tired of all these EQ clones. I want to see somthing similar to old UO style rules with more races and stuff and good graphics. LvL based PVE games are sooo boring.

I'd rather watch the sweat drip off a camels balls then play another EQ clone.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

double post.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."