Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Developers Corner: Use it or get rid of it.

waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

To whom it may concern,

We get a ton of "game idea" threads started in the pub which should be put in Developers Corner.  If the mods aren't going to move those post into Developers Corner, you might as well delete Developers Corner.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    I am getting rid of it in the new forums.
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Originally posted by MikeB

Do we have a rough idea of when the new layout is coming? 

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

:(

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by skeaser

Do we have a rough idea of when the new layout is coming? 

Pretty soon here. Sorry, don't have more info yet.

• movros99movros99 Member UncommonPosts: 125

I was just about to start a thread suggesting cleaning up a number of the unused Game Forums.  The list is huge now and there are a numbers of game forums that haven't been posted in for over a year and some with zero posts.

Is the new forum going to address this?

Originally posted by movros99

I was just about to start a thread suggesting cleaning up a number of the unused Game Forums.  The list is huge now and there are a numbers of game forums that haven't been posted in for over a year and some with zero posts.

Is the new forum going to address this?

Yep. I've already nuked like 700 of them.

EDIT: In fact, here's the full list of game's that will have subforums on the new forums:

Age of Wushu, Aion, Age of Conan, Albion Online, Anarchy Online, ArcheAge, Asheron's Call, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Camelot Unchained, Champions Online, City of Heroes, Crowfall Dark Age of Camelot, Darkfall, Darkfall: Unholy Wars, DayZ, D&D Online, DC Universe, Defiance, Destiny, Diablo 3, DOTA 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dungeon Fighter Online, Elder Scrolls Online, Elite: Dangerous, EVE Online, Everquest, Everquest II, EverQuest Next, Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Firefall Gloria Victis, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, H1Z1, Heroes of the Storm, Kingdom Under Fire II, Landmark, Life is Feudal, Lineage II, Lord of the Rings Online Marvel Heroes, Minecraft, Mortal Online, Neverwinter, Overwatch, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, Path of Exile, Pathfinder Online, PlanetSide 2 Rift, Runescape, Shards Online, Shroud of the Avatar, Skyforge, SMITE, Star Citizen, Star Trek Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Sword Coast Legends TERA, The Crew, The Division, The Repopulation, The Secret World, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Trials of Ascension, Trove, Ultima Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, WAR (Warhammer Online), Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade, WildStar, Wizard101, World of Warcraft, World of Warships, Xsyon

Some of the forums on this list aren't active, but we decided to preserve them as they are classic MMOs. Going forward, we'll only be adding game forums for games that warrant their addition instead of simply adding forums for each game we list as we do now.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Gave up on Citadel of Sorcery eh?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    No Pillars of Eternity on the list? Surprising. The Witcher 3 made it though to be expected.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Kyleran

Not sure what you mean. The subforum isn't active, so we axed it.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

No worries, COS is one of those titles that has promised to turn the MMO space on its head but is forever in development. Last word I saw is they might have something playable by the end of 2015, so maybe a sub forum can be added back in when there is something to discuss.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

No worries, COS is one of those titles that has promised to turn the MMO space on its head but is forever in development. Last word I saw is they might have something playable by the end of 2015, so maybe a sub forum can be added back in when there is something to discuss.

Ah. I just use cold hard numbers for what gets axed or not. No activity? No forum!