Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AvoidTrion Worlds at all costs.

124»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    LOL, um, problem here is that people actually thought that Trion had any control over the game to begin with... do you blame Safeway for only getting 9 out of 10 donuts from a Hostess Donuts box?  Silly silly complaints... it's not like the grass was any greener in Korea or Russia.

This is a myth, period. This whole "it's XL Games not Trion" crap is nothing but a ridiculous scapegoat. Go on and give them your money if you like them, but don't try and fool us with the same crap they fooled  you with..

Very spot on.

Its very wrong 

ArcheAge is an XL game - XL has 99% of control over the game including cash shop items, pricing and all content. Trion can ask for things - XL can say no or yes as they wish.

This is reality.

I know you are big fan of AA.  So of course you will whiteknight trion.  But here's the thing.  Unlike you, I believe trion is responsible for ANYTHING they publish.  Regardless if they do input the code or not.   Trion is not exclusive to this.  For example, I hold En Masse responsible for Tera NA.  Even if Blue Hole is the actual developer.  You know why?  Because when you spend money in AA.  That money goes to trion.  That alone makes them 100% responsible.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    LOL, um, problem here is that people actually thought that Trion had any control over the game to begin with... do you blame Safeway for only getting 9 out of 10 donuts from a Hostess Donuts box?  Silly silly complaints... it's not like the grass was any greener in Korea or Russia.

This is a myth, period. This whole "it's XL Games not Trion" crap is nothing but a ridiculous scapegoat. Go on and give them your money if you like them, but don't try and fool us with the same crap they fooled  you with..

Very spot on.

Its very wrong 

ArcheAge is an XL game - XL has 99% of control over the game including cash shop items, pricing and all content. Trion can ask for things - XL can say no or yes as they wish.

This is reality.

I know you are big fan of AA.  So of course you will whiteknight trion.  But here's the thing.  Unlike you, I believe trion is responsible for ANYTHING they publish.  Regardless if they do input the code or not.   Trion is not exclusive to this.  For example, I hold En Masse responsible for Tera NA.  Even if Blue Hole is the actual developer.  You know why?  Because when you spend money in AA.  That money goes to trion.  That alone makes them 100% responsible.

Quite correct.

Your average car is made with parts from over 100 suppliers and sub-suppliers, when there is a problem, does Toyota or Honda or whomever tell you to go see who made failed component?

Of course not.

Trion sells the product, Trion is responsible.

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Yes..shame on Trion for accepting players that can't keep their accounts safe.

The people on these forums....wow...

That argument lost merit when Sony got compromised and it took down SoE's games for a month. Sorry but you just can't blame the player for account security anymore when the companies themselves are getting hacked. 

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Trion are fucking crooks.  They banned my account for saying shit on the forum they didn't like.  The part of the post that got me banned was "If they implement this to the live client I might take a break from Archeage for a while."  They stated that my post was goodbye post and those are prohibited.  So they perma banned my account, which I had spent a pretty good amount of money on because I loved the game and wanted to support them.

This was right around the time they started the first wave of mass banning people for no reason to show they were fighting the hackers.  Which they ended up just banning a ton of legit players like the OP and left the hackers in the game.

FUCK TRION

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• ValkyrieValkyrie Member UncommonPosts: 192

This is an assumption on your part... just because Safeway decides to replace the product doesn't mean they are obligated to. There are a number of vendors out there which will only replace items that are defective, et al through the manufacturer, not through the vendor.  The vendor is not at fault nor obligated to make a refund, they could just as well point you to the manufacturer.  They choose to do this.

I have no idea what country you live in.  But, if you live in the USA.  You are definitely wrong.  In any large store chain.  If you buy a product from them and there is something wrong with it off the bat.  They will always refund or replace the item for you.

I can't tell if you are just an AA fanboy and looking to defend your precious by any means.  Or you are just very uninformed.

You miss the difference between "obligation to do something" and "common practice/process". They are not the same.

Played: Pretty much any fantasy MMO, some did not even make it to release ...
    Favorites: UO, EQ2, Vanguard, Wurm Online, Salem, ESO, Creativerse
    Playing: ESO, Creativerse, Guild Wars 2
    Anticipating: (sigh) ... maybe Ashes of Creation

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Valkyrie

This is an assumption on your part... just because Safeway decides to replace the product doesn't mean they are obligated to. There are a number of vendors out there which will only replace items that are defective, et al through the manufacturer, not through the vendor.  The vendor is not at fault nor obligated to make a refund, they could just as well point you to the manufacturer.  They choose to do this.

I have no idea what country you live in.  But, if you live in the USA.  You are definitely wrong.  In any large store chain.  If you buy a product from them and there is something wrong with it off the bat.  They will always refund or replace the item for you.

I can't tell if you are just an AA fanboy and looking to defend your precious by any means.  Or you are just very uninformed.

You miss the difference between "obligation to do something" and "common practice/process". They are not the same.

Of course, in the end, that just means people are asking us to not hold Trion up to common practice/process standards.  Frankly, I don't think Trion's earned that right.  (if, hypothetically, they didn't have much control over the game or at least the cash shop in the first place, which has been proven to be false by Scape's post on the matter anyways. So I guess it's a bit of a moot point, making things very much against Trion's favor)

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Adoni
    All I can say is I think is Rift is an ok game.

Agreed. And Rift release was one of most bug and any problem free release ever. I just do not understand how they could manage to ruin so much their name??

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    I played Rift for a long while; then, my wife wanted to get in on the action.  Bought her the game and all was going well.  Two weeks in; the exact same thing happened to her.  Account banned, items bought and money returned.  Spent about two weeks trying to get her account from being banned (with only there email systems because it seems there is no way to call them).  We ended up quiting all together and playing another game (ot from Trion Worlds).
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by andypandyr

I am just a sort of casual player and dip in and out of all sorts of games.

Long story short , I paid these scumbags $150  for early access to Archeage , played for a few weeks and then decided to wait for full release.

Upon coming back to play a few months later , I was greeted with " The account you are are attempting to use has been banned "

I then notice multiple Purchases from my paypal account which were refunded about an hour later.

This came with no explanation or email just nothing just that message when I tried to log in.

I feel very offended by this and have now emailed them to demand an explanation and my account be restored.

If I don't get any joy I am going to take them to court for the $150 that I feel they have basically Stolen. I am going to do it on principle and I am lucky enough to have the means to do it.

I am sick of these companies that think they can Ban people for no reason with no consequences , If I had done anything I would be the first to accept it and move on , this is just unacceptable behaviour.

I await there response with baited breath.

Yeah I know a few gamers including myself that have been there.  It's just another example of the broken genre.  Sorry you weren't warned long before you went to Archeage or RIft or whatever spoo they peddle these days.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Of course, in the end, that just means people are asking us to not hold Trion up to common practice/process standards.  Frankly, I don't think Trion's earned that right.  (if, hypothetically, they didn't have much control over the game or at least the cash shop in the first place, which has been proven to be false by Scape's post on the matter anyways. So I guess it's a bit of a moot point, making things very much against Trion's favor)

It has not been proven by Scapes post - because Scapes posted it before the cash shop even got put into the game (during early alpha). Listen to what *producers* said post launch - that info is a lot more relevant than what a community manager said right before alpha launch (before cash shop)

Why .. beacuse its what you believe or because its what you want others to believe..You saying it over and over doesnt make it true .. particularly when everyone on this forum knows you have an agenda concerning Trion ..

And speaking of Trion .. doesnt matter to me which it is .. fact is they decided to get in bed with a Ho in XL , which makes Trion just another HO , which spends more time developing ways inrto peoples wallets than developing imginative creative content .. which they are void of ..

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

XL Games managed to ruin Trion's reputation in the whole western hemisphere.

XL Games is the most ignorant and for our all gaming landscape, a highly toxic developer.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

It has not been proven by Scapes post - because Scapes posted it before the cash shop even got put into the game (during early alpha). Listen to what *producers* said post launch - that info is a lot more relevant than what a community manager said right before alpha launch (before cash shop)

regardless trion is still shit as a publisher then.....seriously who publishes something they have 0 control over

DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Pemmin

regardless trion is still shit as a publisher then.....seriously who publishes something they have 0 control over

DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Seriously, who pays $150 for early access to a free to play game?

DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

• SincrestSincrest Member UncommonPosts: 20
    If people want to play this game just let them play it no point trying to convince people there not swimming in a pile of crap just let them enjoy it.