Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heavensward Video !! Very cool !!

Comments

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221
    At   3: 45 we see a character jump and fly off a small cliff and start flying. The zones look amazing. And HUGE too !! I'm so excited !! I think I just peed myself ;)
  • TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    It's great! It just gets better and better. At the beginning I needed some time to get used to Final Fantasy and anime-like theme, but the game just grows on you! 

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Is this the DX11 version coming with the expansion?

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

Originally posted by DwarfZZZ
    Is this the DX11 version coming with the expansion?

Why, yes it is !!

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Awesome! Looks like I'm playing WoW till the end of june.....god help me. I'm gonna feel bad flying on a chocobo though, they look like they are trying so hard to fly lol.
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425

It does look amazing.

Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Bascola

It does look amazing.

Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again.

Sounds like you need to find something else then. Seriously doubt they are going to change the entire game (again). On the off chance it might appeal to certain people, while alienating their already happy playerbase. That has helped to make the game the success it currently is.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Originally posted by Roin

It does look amazing.

Sounds like you need to find something else then. Seriously doubt they are going to change the entire game (again). On the off chance it might appeal to certain people, while alienating their already happy playerbase. That has helped to make the game the success it currently is.

You would be surprised how much of the currently playerbase would cheer if they got rid of the pure linear progression model.
    Most people you talk to want at least some horizontal progression they just do not want stagnet content and grinds.

It is one of the biggest complaints from the current endgame playerbase.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Those zones look waaay larger. And the architecture looks awesome. Graphics look friggin amazing as usual. My two main gripes with this game are the small zones sizes and the skit combat. Looks like both are being addressed this xpac. Game is gonna blow up.

It does look amazing.

Oh, i am not subscribed and i have something else.

I am not seeing that happy player base. IT's the most voiced complaint about the game (linear boring progression and restricted grind). Most of the players log on for one day a week, cap tokens and do coil. Hardly worth $15 and many have left and are leaving if the expansion does not deliver more than the boring token grind and lobby MMO gameplay.

But sure, it's a success compared to atrocities like AA, ESO or Wildstar.

Originally posted by Bascola   It does look amazing. Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again.

I am not seeing that happy player base. IT's the most voiced complaint about the game (linear boring progression and restricted grind). Most of the players log on for one day a week, cap tokens and do coil. Hardly worth $15 and many have left and are leaving if the expansion does not deliver more than the boring token grind and lobby MMO gameplay.

What do you want them to do exactly? There's tons of activities to do that don't involve tokens or raiding. Dedicated crafting and gathering classes, gold saucer, housing, racing, card games. Crafted gear has been on par or better than raid drops for months now. Expansion bringing new classes, larger zones, airships, more non combat activities for GC, the list goes on.
    I mean seriously, exactly what do you want? You want a real mmo with choices. This game has like a dozen ways to play and progress your character.
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Bascola   It does look amazing. Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again.

What do you want them to do exactly? There's tons of activities to do that don't involve tokens or raiding. Dedicated crafting and gathering classes, gold saucer, housing, racing, card games. Crafted gear has been on par or better than raid drops for months now. Expansion bringing new classes, larger zones, airships, more non combat activities for GC, the list goes on.
    I mean seriously, exactly what do you want? You want a real mmo with choices. This game has like a dozen ways to play and progress your character.

1. Crafted gear is iLevel 110 (even melted it's not as good). We are at iLevel 120 now.
    2. Gold Saucer are nice mini games but not really long term content.
    3. There are no sidegrades. Linear token progression, that's it.
    4. Gathering is extremely simplistic and pointless.
    5. Crafting is as simplistic as the combat. Stick to your rotation and you are good.
    Please elaborate on the dozen ways to play and progress. I see only one: Token Grind / Raid Grind.  Some people love the simplistic raid grind. That is perfectly fine but it's not very varied content.

If i can come back to the game at ANY time and get the second best gear set within a couple days then there really is no need to subscribe and a lot of people feel exactly that way.

I only play during the free weekends and i am up to the same level on story, dungeons and primals like the people that play hardcore. I have the current second best set for 2 jobs (iLevel 110) and One iLevel 120 piece. 

I have 5 maxed jobs, 2 Relics, One at stage 3 and one at Stage 2. All that only playing during free weekends. Why pay $15 a month?

Having said all that, the expansion looks promising and maybe we see more varied content that is actually a challenge not the pre-school raids we have right now.

I would love to see something like FFXI Dynamis, Salvage, Delve, Besieged or Assaults. But i fear all we get is going to be more dungeons with boring scripted fights.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

1. Crafted gear is iLevel 110 (even melted it's not as good). We are at iLevel 120 now.
    5. Crafting is as simplistic as the combat. Stick to your rotation and you are good.
    Please elaborate on the dozen ways to play and progress. I see only one: Token Grind / Raid Grind.  Some people love the simplistic raid grind. That is perfectly fine but it's not very varied content.

If i can come back to the game at ANY time and get the second best gear set within a couple days then there really is no need to subscribe and a lot of people feel exactly that way.

I only play during the free weekends and i am up to the same level on story, dungeons and primals like the people that play hardcore. I have the current second best set for 2 jobs (iLevel 110) and One iLevel 120 piece. 

I have 5 maxed jobs, 2 Relics, One at stage 3 and one at Stage 2. All that only playing during free weekends. Why pay $15 a month?

Having said all that, the expansion looks promising and maybe we see more varied content that is actually a challenge not the pre-school raids we have right now.

I would love to see something like FFXI Dynamis, Salvage, Delve, Besieged or Assaults. But i fear all we get is going to be more dungeons with boring scripted fights.

Just started seriously playing this game and was curious how crafted gear stacks up to raid gear,considering how the crafting system is.The reality is as long as raid gear is top tier crafting eventually becomes kinda pointless.Not really surprised tho it is a themepark mmo.

I am enjoying it so far,but yea i would love horizontal progression and crafting to actually be endgame relevant or why even have crafting classes,just stick to the tacked on affair most crafting is in themeparks.

As a final fantasy fan since like forever the gold saucer is actually what made me take notice of the game again,pretty sure thats why they did it,for the final fantasy 7 fans. yes it's a fluff thing but nostalgia and something other than raid,raid,raid is nice to have for some.But i understand not everything is for everyone.

they get points from me tho for actually trying to fill the world out with variety.

An to your last point that's why i don't raid anymore,for years in every game it's just the same rehashed boring grind. I'll only fill a spot in a raid for friends who i know I'll have fun with at this point.

Ummm why are you paying 14.99$ ? I pay 12.99$. Also I am a super casual gamer and yes, crafted gear is still the best. Ilvl 130 gear at that. So, yeah, your trolling big time.

Can you post your loadstone dude. I wanna see your character and progression. I wanna see what powerlevelers do in terms of gear and weps. 

It does look amazing.

Honestly, your the only one here complaining. So yeah, I think your alone on this one.

[*] Crafted gear is iLevel 110 (even melted it's not as good). We are at iLevel 120 now. [*] Gold Saucer are nice mini games but not really long term content. [*] There are no sidegrades. Linear token progression, that's it.
    Gathering is extremely simplistic and pointless.
    Crafting is as simplistic as the combat. Stick to your rotation and you are good.
    Please elaborate on the dozen ways to play and progress. I see only one: Token Grind / Raid Grind.  Some people love the simplistic raid grind. That is perfectly fine but it's not very varied content.   If i can come back to the game at ANY time and get the second best gear set within a couple days then there really is no need to subscribe and a lot of people feel exactly that way.   I only play during the free weekends and i am up to the same level on story, dungeons and primals like the people that play hardcore. I have the current second best set for 2 jobs (iLevel 110) and One iLevel 120 piece.    I have 5 maxed jobs, 2 Relics, One at stage 3 and one at Stage 2. All that only playing during free weekends. Why pay $15 a month?   ______________________________________________   Having said all that, the expansion looks promising and maybe we see more varied content that is actually a challenge not the pre-school raids we have right now.   I would love to see something like FFXI Dynamis, Salvage, Delve, Besieged or Assaults. But i fear all we get is going to be more dungeons with boring scripted fights.

1. If you knew the difference between crafted gear vs raid drops you'd know ilvl doesn't matter in end game raiding. You'd know that the amount of freedom in melding crafted gear allows players to customize their stats to what they need for specific fights. You'd know that the top raiding guilds in ffxiv outfit themselves with crafted gear for World of Darkness because of better stat customization. But go ahead and go derp 110 is less than 120 so crafting must be inferior.

2. Gold Saucer is a permanent addition to the game, they plan to add new content every patch. Triple Triad has its own quests, achievements, rewards, pvp and pve, challenges scattered across the entire game world. CHocobo racing will take months to complete with multiple generations of chocobos you can breed, special abilities to train and pass down, and also its own rewards and achieves.

3. You say linear progression thats it? Lateral content includes, moogle delivery, hildebrand questlines, beast tribes, vistas, retainer ventures, gardening, chocobo training (different than racing system), seasonal events every month, eternal bonding ceremonies, and great hunts. Yes, ALL with their own achieves and rewards. Oh and um, guild and personal player housing means lateral content to a lot of people.

4-5. Crafting has its own unique gear sets. Entire gear sets. They have their own stats and resource pools. They have their own abilities. You can be a crafting or gathering class and have two action bars full of abilities. Each c&g class has its own storyline as you level 1-50. How many mmos have that? Daily quests, multiple channels to sell your wares through not just best in slot (which they do). You can craft and gather for GC supplies, retainer gear, desynthesis, spirit bonding, and levelmetes. All of which allow crafters and gatherers multiple ways to interact with the market and make gil as well as help players. We have had three tiers of gear added to g&c classes since launch. How is that not progression?

People love to complain. You say you want something else to do besides grind tokens for raid gear. Theres a ton of it staring you in the face, but go ahead and dismiss it all claiming theres nothing to do. You will be hard pressed to find an mmo right now with this level of polish that offers this many activities. I don't do raids or dungeons. I barely do combat unless I feel like switching it up for a day or training my chocobo some more. But I have more content than I know what to do with and I have been playing since beta. My character has been progressing despite zero token grinds.

So what do you want exactly? Youre really good at making blanket statements and using vague terms. But what specifically do you want? Lets pretend you get to log into your dream mmo and do exactly what you want to do. What would that entail?

Originally posted by Mandodo69

Ummm why are you paying 14.99$ ? I pay 12.99$. Also I am a super casual gamer and yes, crafted gear is still the best. Ilvl 130 gear at that. So, yeah, your trolling big time.

I would actually only pay $10 since i am legacy, i just assumed $15 for the regular folk. Where is this crafted gear then as i sure as hell have not seen it. Can you show me a link?

Can you post your loadstone dude. I wanna see your character and progression. I wanna see what powerlevelers do in terms of gear and weps. 

I am not power leveling, i play on free weekends. I am Legacy, i had all classes leveled already. I don't share my Lodestone sorry, not here, this forum is way too toxic to share info like that.

Originally posted by Mandodo69

Honestly, your the only one here complaining. So yeah, I think your alone on this one.

Couple of posts up someone said the exact same thing.

As if this Forum is any indication of the state of FFXIV. You should check the official forums, but i am sure you already have and know the complaints there, nice try though.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

I'll be giving this a go.

The thing I like about this game is that it sets out to be one specific thing and it does it very well. Players go into the game knowing exactly what style of gameplay is there, and the quality is some of the highest around.

Now it won't suit all tastes - it's not meant to.

I only wish that other games, whatever their focus, where made to the same quality and finish.

...yada yada yada

People love to complain. You say you want something else to do besides grind tokens for raid gear. Theres a ton of it staring you in the face, but go ahead and dismiss it all claiming theres nothing to do. You will be hard pressed to find an mmo right now with this level of polish that offers this many activities. I don't do raids or dungeons. I barely do combat unless I feel like switching it up for a day or training my chocobo some more. But I have more content than I know what to do with and I have been playing since beta. My character has been progressing despite zero token grinds.

So what do you want exactly? Youre really good at making blanket statements and using vague terms. But what specifically do you want? Lets pretend you get to log into your dream mmo and do exactly what you want to do. What would that entail?

No, i did not say i want "something else besides token grind" or "there is nothing to do". You might want to read it again, i even quote it for you and highlight the important parts:

"Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again."

You need to read and understand what is written. I don't want anything else to to do, i want real open world MMO content not Lobby style token grind. I want different gameplay and various end game activities other than token grind after token grind. I want armor choices not 1 set per class per update.

You can list all the nice fluff this game has and it has a lot of it, i agree. But the main gameplay is boring as banging your head against a wall and you are so restricted that you can essentially play only one day a week to progress.

Originally posted by JudgeUK

I'll be giving this a go.

The thing I like about this game is that it sets out to be one specific thing and it does it very well. Players go into the game knowing exactly what style of gameplay is there, and the quality is some of the highest around.

Now it won't suit all tastes - it's not meant to.

I only wish that other games, whatever their focus, where made to the same quality and finish.

The game is beautiful and extremely polished. I would even go so far as to say there is not a single game on the market that is even close in terms of polish and game engine. 

Have fun!

Originally posted by Foomerang   ...yada yada yada People love to complain. You say you want something else to do besides grind tokens for raid gear. Theres a ton of it staring you in the face, but go ahead and dismiss it all claiming theres nothing to do. You will be hard pressed to find an mmo right now with this level of polish that offers this many activities. I don't do raids or dungeons. I barely do combat unless I feel like switching it up for a day or training my chocobo some more. But I have more content than I know what to do with and I have been playing since beta. My character has been progressing despite zero token grinds. So what do you want exactly? Youre really good at making blanket statements and using vague terms. But what specifically do you want? Lets pretend you get to log into your dream mmo and do exactly what you want to do. What would that entail?
    No, i did not say i want "something else besides token grind" or "there is nothing to do". You might want to read it again, i even quote it for you and highlight the important parts:

"Now if they just change the gameplay from the boring token grind and the single armor set progression scheme to a real MMO with choices, sidegrades unique gear i might be subscribing again."

You need to read and understand what is written. I don't want anything else to to do, i want real open world MMO content not Lobby style token grind. I want different gameplay and various end game activities other than token grind after token grind. I want armor choices not 1 set per class per update.

You can list all the nice fluff this game has and it has a lot of it, i agree. But the main gameplay is boring as banging your head against a wall and you are so restricted that you can essentially play only one day a week to progress.

Well all of that exists in this game. So I now know where the problem lies. You think linear, you will play linear. Be more open minded and these games will open themselves to you. Take care.

Originally posted by Foomerang   ...yada yada yada People love to complain. You say you want something else to do besides grind tokens for raid gear. Theres a ton of it staring you in the face, but go ahead and dismiss it all claiming theres nothing to do. You will be hard pressed to find an mmo right now with this level of polish that offers this many activities. I don't do raids or dungeons. I barely do combat unless I feel like switching it up for a day or training my chocobo some more. But I have more content than I know what to do with and I have been playing since beta. My character has been progressing despite zero token grinds. So what do you want exactly? Youre really good at making blanket statements and using vague terms. But what specifically do you want? Lets pretend you get to log into your dream mmo and do exactly what you want to do. What would that entail?

Well all of that exists in this game. So I now know where the problem lies. You think linear, you will play linear. Be more open minded and these games will open themselves to you. Take care.

Has nothing to do with thinking linear. I have finished my Botanist and Fisher "Relics", i have a  house, garden and furniture, i have done side quests and mini games. I am a max level Chef and Alchemist.

You can add as much fluff as you want it does not make the main gameplay better. I know you have no argument against this as it is well known and the main problem of the game.

Take care.