Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email only support?

RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

My wife and I are unable to log into our accounts. So we look around for a phone number. None to be found. OK, how about live chat? Nope. Email only. It's been going on 2 days without a response for both of us. Pathetic. 

Anyone have any shortcuts? Thanks. 

Joined - July 2004

Comments

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by remyburke

My wife and I are unable to log into our accounts. So we look around for a phone number. None to be found. OK, how about live chat? Nope. Email only. It's been going on 2 days without a response for both of us. Pathetic. 

Most online titles like this only have email and electronic tickets as support options, sometimes Live Chat but that takes paying constant CS reps.

I had to get my GW2 password a few months back, took a few days. Which is pretty good considering most things in the world take "up to a business week."

If you want WoW's almost instant access CS then I'd recommend playing WoW, sorry. 

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

GW2 has always had a ticket-based support system.  No phone.  No live chat.  This is true for all NCSOFT game titles.

If you cannot log into your account and the account has been compromised, you may not get a response to your ticket because it will use the email address that it has on file for your account.  If you cannot login to the GW2 Forums, this may indeed be what has happened.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

They responded after 2 days with an apology. Looks like all I had to do was cry about it. :)

In the past, I've been able to sneak through NCSoft phone support (when they offered it) and get help for Guild Wars 1. Guess they changed it a few years back.

Joined - July 2004

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

What is the problem exactly... IP block? Lost access to both of your emails? Hacked account + email? or?

Shortcuts? well heres one: https://account.guildwars2.com/reset-password  (unless you linked an authenticator and forgot to store the code). Reset takes all of 1 minute (including checking your spamfolder for replies from their system).

Sorry if I misunderstood you but how is talking to a person going to help you log in?

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Attempted a password reset, but ANet said email address was invalid. We don't have the serial code (threw out the boxes years ago) from when we bought the game, so we cannot recover the account ourselves, and must speak with support, according to ANet's site. 

The interesting thing is we both keep good records of passwords/emails/usernames for games we play. our last saved ones no longer work. It's like ANet deactivated our accounts due to inactivity. 

We are both back into our accounts now after ANet reset our passwords. It doesn't seem like our accounts were compromised, so just a heads up to those who haven't played in a while ( >1 year), your valid email/password just may not work until they flip the switch for you. 

Joined - July 2004

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I guess it makes sense deactivating inactive accounts, but if they do, I agree: They need some sort of live chat support. 

Hate to think what will happen once HoT releases. Good thing you got back in before the rush.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Electro057

Most online titles like this only have email and electronic tickets as support options, sometimes Live Chat but that takes paying constant CS reps.

I had to get my GW2 password a few months back, took a few days. Which is pretty good considering most things in the world take "up to a business week."

If you want WoW's almost instant access CS then I'd recommend playing WoW, sorry. 

Funny thing is SWTOR only does account issues by phone.  They refuse to offer any form of email or in game support.

WoW support, or every single other gaming company in the history of mankind, you mean.

Joined - July 2004

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

This is how I see how it all went down... would have made the situation a whole lot easier for all involved if you had just said this:

"I hadn't logged into my GW2 account for a while so I forgot the password... I attempted to reset the password but it said the email was invalid (probably because it wasn't verified).  On top of that, I don't even have the serial code.  I put in a ticket 2 days ago and haven't received a reply.  Any ideas what I can do in the mean time?"

It had nothing to do with the fact that you hadn't logged in for a long time, it had everything to do with the fact that your email address hadn't been verified recently.  They would have had you verify it at the moment you attempted to log in, but because you didn't have your log in credentials, you tried to reset your password which requires a valid and verified email address... which you didn't have.

So the moral of this story is, keep your registration serial codes, write down your login credentials, and be prepared to verify your email address whenever you log in to the game.  They periodically have you verify it whenever you log in for your own protection.

Originally posted by Pepeq

This is how I see how it all went down... would have made the situation a whole lot easier for all involved if you had just said this:

"I hadn't logged into my GW2 account for a while so I forgot the password... I attempted to reset the password but it said the email was invalid (probably because it wasn't verified).  On top of that, I don't even have the serial code.  I put in a ticket 2 days ago and haven't received a reply.  Any ideas what I can do in the mean time?"

It had nothing to do with the fact that you hadn't logged in for a long time, it had everything to do with the fact that your email address hadn't been verified recently.  They would have had you verify it at the moment you attempted to log in, but because you didn't have your log in credentials, you tried to reset your password which requires a valid and verified email address... which you didn't have.

So the moral of this story is, keep your registration serial codes, write down your login credentials, and be prepared to verify your email address whenever you log in to the game.  They periodically have you verify it whenever you log in for your own protection.

The serial code thing is a new one for me. As I said earlier, I keep username/passwords/email on file for all games I play. You make it seem like all games ask for the serial key, which stopped being a thing about 10 years ago. Really not sure why you feel the need to go on the offensive here. 

My only real bitch here is they have no live support. Totally unacceptable. 

Joined - July 2004

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

WoW support, or every single other gaming company in the history of mankind, you mean.

EVE's never had phone support, always online or email, and if you haven't been paying attention late, most newer titles are eliminating phone support, all too expensive I guess

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

EVE's never had phone support, always online or email, and if you haven't been paying attention late, most newer titles are eliminating phone support, all too expensive I guess

Guess I haven't had to request support for a while. Getting old. :)

Joined - July 2004