Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to New Player Experience

RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I remember reading an article on I believe their site. About changes coming to the game involving everything pre-Tokyo (if I remember right). A lot of it dealing with improving the early parts of the game. Anyone know off hand when this was supposed to happen, or if it's been done already?

Was thinking about giving TSW another try after reading the article. I've had the game since it launched but have never gotten very far in the game. Think the furthest I've ever gotten is the 2nd area of the game.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

Comments

• Wolfpack48Wolfpack48 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Roin

I remember reading an article on I believe their site. About changes coming to the game involving everything pre-Tokyo (if I remember right). A lot of it dealing with improving the early parts of the game. Anyone know off hand when this was supposed to happen, or if it's been done already?

Was thinking about giving TSW another try after reading the article. I've had the game since it launched but have never gotten very far in the game. Think the furthest I've ever gotten is the 2nd area of the game.

The New Player Experience is being released in the upcoming Issue 11, and is currently on testlive for feedback.  There's quite a few changes, so lots of feedback being vetted.  I'd guess Issue 11 will probably be out in the next month or two.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/game_director_letter_february_2015

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I think you mean this news piece about Joel's letter: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/427124

it's been done already - not yet.  when this was supposed to happen - with the next Issue, but for the when part... only devs know :) (and maybe the bees).

It's already on the test server, FC is tweaking the changes by the feedbacks of testers. I think the guesstimation of the fellow agent above is correct, probably 1-2 months more. Or less. Can't say for sure.

There was no dev letter so far (and it used to arrive in the beginning of the month), maybe the delay is because the launch date will be posted in that letter and they need a few more tweaks. Also just a guess, not a fact. Blake was a good teacher. Or was not. image

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Thank you both for the answers.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Hopefully this will bring more players to this very underrated game.
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Anyone know off hand when this was supposed to happen, or if it's been done already?

There was no dev letter so far (and it used to arrive in the beginning of the month), maybe the delay is because the launch date will be posted in that letter and they need a few more tweaks.

Well, turned out the delay was because of Joel's trip. No date was set in the March letter, only "we patch it to live quite soon." Question is, "quite soon" is shorter or longer than Soon™ ? image

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

It went live late last week, and I recycled my lowest character (only up to Savage Coast anyway) to have a look.

What stands out: starting with 2 weapons and abilities for them, but no freebie set of talismans. Some minor changes to some early Kingsmouth missions. Talismans seem to come slower, so buying a set from the Venice vendors is worthwhile; I haven't yet looted any talisman or glyph toolkits.

Edit: oh yes, and when you pick out your initial weapons there is some explanation of what roles they are best for. The descriptive text on items is slightly changed, supposedly to make it easier to compare items and decide whether something is really an "upgrade". Looted weapons and talismans seem to generally lack any glyphs.

Originally posted by CasualMaker

It went live late last week,

Yep, it was discussed in a few threads, maybe this (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/428831) one was the most active - true, mostly in the News section, so you're right, the sub-forum wasn't updated :)