Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Funcom Financial Report Reveals Decline in Fiscal 2014

2»

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by reeereee
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by elocke
    TSW needs that next patch ASAP.  The one that changes combat for those of us who hate it currently.  I plan to play it once it hits.  Any day now, Funcom, any day. ;D

What exactly are they changing?  The combat was really the only off putting thing in TSW.  If they somehow upgraded it or maybe make the combat more like Tera (pipe dream I know).  I would try it out again.

Having the saddest character models of any "AAA" MMO ever was also off putting.

SWTOR character faces make you wish Funcom had done a Star Wars MMO

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    TSW needs that next patch ASAP.  The one that changes combat for those of us who hate it currently.  I plan to play it once it hits.  Any day now, Funcom, any day. ;D

What exactly are they changing?  The combat was really the only off putting thing in TSW.  If they somehow upgraded it or maybe make the combat more like Tera (pipe dream I know).  I would try it out again.

I think SWTOR actually had two or three passable faces which is two or three more than TSW had.  Now if we're comparing SWTOR to AoC then that's completely different. 

That for me was the most shocking part of TSW.  How they managed to phone in character models that were noticeably inferior to the last game they made is beyond me.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

I think SWTOR actually had two or three passable faces which is two or three more than TSW had.  Now if we're comparing SWTOR to AoC then that's completely different. 

That for me was the most shocking part of TSW.  How they managed to phone in character models that were noticeably inferior to the last game they made is beyond me.

you're just easily scared 

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

I would say character graphics and animations are hurting TSW before the combat mechanics. My biggest problem with it in beta, which didn't change, was that most of the character options make you look like a wooden barbarian. That's for males and females. Most of the clothes look as if they were carved from wood as well. For a game that relies heavily on cosmetics to generate income that is going to hurt their revenue. Same issue with the animations. It's all very stiff and feels like you're hitting air a good portion of the time. I couldn't look at my character without feeling a disconnect. I have to care about my character, or the community, to keep coming back to a game. That made it a short term game for me.

I am guessing they needed to push it out the door at the time though. The beta forums were filled by players with pages and pages of the same issues. It sucks since the story is so amazing. I would love to have more of it in novels, a tv series, or movies. In the right hands, and medium, it could be a huge hit.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    TSW, loved the story and most of the quests.  Hated the combat and animations and the way players get stuck in a combat position after combat which has never been fixed.  I'm willing to over look the nerf bat killing skills that took you awhile to get and no respec and having to take a lot of skills you don't want in order to get the ones you do.  Fix the combat and I'd be playing a lot more.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I still do not understand this "animation problem"

The closest i have come to understanding the argument is when i play with guns, They go 'clunk, clunk' when building but its an Rpg...

Maybe people are under the impression it should play like left for dead? because it seems most people who have this issue spend a strange amount of time in kingsmouth....

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

I have never heard anyone embrace funcom's animations over a superior version like SWTOR.  But, hey I guess it's just your opinion.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Funcom.. has the best most awesome MMOs,but lazy unimaginative monetisation.

Why don't they do an expansion for Age of Conan, the best low fantasy brutal MMO ever made? Or small DLCs paid like for TSW?

Why don't they do a housing system in their Dreamworks engine which could be used for both AoC and TSW and could make loads of cash on the online store?

TSW is doing great but worried about AOC...

Honestly, it would probably be a really big waste of money to put out a AoC expansion.  Does anyone even play AoC anymore?  I would be less surprised to see it shut down before seeing a new expac.