Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HoT release date speculations

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

It will be ready when its done...  but when will that be..

My personal expectations are very late 2015 early 2016...  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think sometime 2016. 

There's been a production / feedback timeline I can't ignore. Anet said they're building maps which are more like dry top / silverwastes after positive reactions from the community. Only reason they know we like the stuff is from the metrics / feedback taken after the release of said content.

So this leads me to believe that while they have been very busy figuring out the backend systems, lore, enemies, storylines and masteries, the higher level concepts etc they must have started building feature complete HoT maps AFTER living world S2.

I suspect the demo level is the most complete map they have atm, while teams are working furiously or nearing completion on other parts of maguuma.

Of course this all depends on how many bugs appear during beta tests. I personally think it's not as complete as their marketing leads us to believe.

Having said all that I can't wait to get into the beta.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

They said "when it's ready" in the video on MMORPG.com, so I would imagine that means there is still a good 4 months of work left.

I was "expecting" it earlier than that after the announcement, but it looks like not a lot development work was done before the actual announcement.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    August 2015 at GW2 3rd anniversary.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Salute
    August 2015 at GW2 3rd anniversary.

This

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350
    If it is not out til 2016 then they announced it way, way to early. Things like this have a momentum. Announce it too early and people will loose interest. I expect no more than 6 months from the original announcement.

All die, so die well.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

August 28th, 2012 was the launch of GW2.  A Tuesday.

August 28th 2015 is on a Friday.  This is the 3rd year anniversary.

August is "school starts" month.  There were many a issue with people having missed events and things related to the game's launch and following months because of this.

Assuming that they start the Beta testing of the client at the very end of March at the latest, they need a minimum of 3 months of testing and tweaking based on feedback. 

June 23rd

July 14th

July 28th

Those are my 3 guesses based on the lunar cycles, the position of Venus in astral alignment, and quick conspiracies related to the Elder Dragons.

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

I really hope it's not 2016 or something, I hate when they announce something too early.

I get all hyped up to get the new expansion and play it and by the time it comes out I don't care anymore.  I would hope that it will come out in the next 3-4 months.

I don't want them to rush it, I want them to of announced it at a point when it's nearly ready.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I think it will be this Summer. ANet have a track record of announcing expansions when they are already deep into the development of them.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Siphaed

August 28th, 2012 was the launch of GW2.  A Tuesday.

August 28th 2015 is on a Friday.  This is the 3rd year anniversary.

August is "school starts" month.  There were many a issue with people having missed events and things related to the game's launch and following months because of this.

Assuming that they start the Beta testing of the client at the very end of March at the latest, they need a minimum of 3 months of testing and tweaking based on feedback. 

June 23rd

July 14th

July 28th

Those are my 3 guesses based on the lunar cycles, the position of Venus in astral alignment, and quick conspiracies related to the Elder Dragons.

To much assumption...

i think they only have one zone finished and playable... Might be that the rest is only in early development stages

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    next month but shhh dont tell anyone
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I would guess somewhere during the autumn 2015.

If nothing else then to boost ANET and NC softs numbers this year and to bill in on the holiday season.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

To much assumption...

i think they only have one zone finished and playable... Might be that the rest is only in early development stages

I rememberpre-release.

"They aren't showing sylvari and asuran because their starter areas aren't ready".

"They not showing that and that profession because they aren't ready".

"They aren't showing high level areas because they aren't ready".

I expect most of the work to be done and the expansion released before September.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• SincrestSincrest Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I highly doubt it will be 2016 or even late 2015 what will we do for that entire time will most likely be out by summer.
  • askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

If you believe that by the way: http://rpgparadise.com/2015/01/ncsoft-2015-earnings-forecast-hints-at-possible-expansion-for-guild-wars-2/

It says 3rd quarter 2015. So that's July-August-September.

End of August or anniversary would make sense in that context.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    ^ Quarter 3, probably close or on 3rd year anniversary is my bet. Ofcourse release dates can always change due to unforeseen causes but I think that's what they are aiming for, definitely.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    If it is not out til 2016 then they announced it way, way to early. Things like this have a momentum. Announce it too early and people will loose interest. I expect no more than 6 months from the original announcement.

Guild Wars 2 was first announced to the public in 2007... closed beta testing didn't occur until January 2012... it didn't release until August 2012.  So you see, we could all still have a long wait and this sort of early announcement is par for the course with developers these days.

I think at best, you could hear about closed beta testing happening this year, but probably not an actual release until next year.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by askdaboss

If you believe that by the way: http://rpgparadise.com/2015/01/ncsoft-2015-earnings-forecast-hints-at-possible-expansion-for-guild-wars-2/

Absolutely spot on, this is info which shows its teeth, its done when its ready, and that will be before September 2015...

thanks mate for that information, this is much more then just an assumtion..

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

One thing about that. The earnings forecast were NOT released by NCSoft, they're released by KDB Securities, a third party company that does analysis and predictions on companies for investors. They might or might not have inside info, but they predicted GW2 getting an expansion in late 2013 and while I can't find it, I remember reading they also predicted an expansion in 2014.

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/167691.pdf?attachmentId=167691- from december 2012 "Furthermore, we expect NCsoft to release an expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in Europe and the US in 2H13."

The expansion for 2015 was the third time they predicted one, and well, they got it right this time. 

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/192028.pdf?attachmentId=192028 this is where the earnings forecast came from, again, from a third party analysis company and not from NCSoft.

That said, I do believe a 3Q release window is a good guess, and personally I think that if they miss that they'll aim for a december one, just be aware that it's not from an oficial source.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

If they've launched the hype  train, then they have a planned release date. We know they are just now signing people for a closed beta. They showed a lot of incomplete stuff, but keep in mind the demo build was probably frozen a month or more ago.

They might run the beta in April / May.

So...I'm guessing August, maybe July.

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

One thing about that. The earnings forecast were NOT released by NCSoft, they're released by KDB Securities, a third party company that does analysis and predictions on companies for investors. They might or might not have inside info, but they predicted GW2 getting an expansion in late 2013 and while I can't find it, I remember reading they also predicted an expansion in 2014.

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/167691.pdf?attachmentId=167691- from december 2012 "Furthermore, we expect NCsoft to release an expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in Europe and the US in 2H13."

The expansion for 2015 was the third time they predicted one, and well, they got it right this time. 

http://www.kdbdw.com/bbs/download/192028.pdf?attachmentId=192028 this is where the earnings forecast came from, again, from a third party analysis company and not from NCSoft.

That said, I do believe a 3Q release window is a good guess, and personally I think that if they miss that they'll aim for a december one, just be aware that it's not from an oficial source.

Please note that the first KDB report forecasting an expansion to arrive in 2013 was immediately and officially denied by both ArenaNet and NCsoft. They deny false speculations and forecasts to avoid any unnecessary confrontations with the community.

Devs seem to talk pretty confidently about how well the development progresses and even closed beta is expected to start right after Rezzed so yeah Q3 this year seems to be the expected time window for launch so far.