Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ads slowing down the site.

IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Did you guys change your adserver?  It's causing MASSIVE slow downs.   The left ad loads, the top banner eventually loads, and during this time everything bogs down.  It's specific to this site.  When I Adblocked them, everything worked great.  The slow down affects even such mundane things as typing a post.  For example, while these ads loaded the first 3-4 sentences took forever to load (approximately 30sec - 1min delay between the text I typed and it showing up).

Just pointing it out as you want ad revenue.  If it bogs down the site like this for EVERY page I read, I'll have to adBlock it again.

Comments

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Not for me.. quick as its ever been
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Oh so that's what it is. I restarted my browser thinking something was wrong with my system but couldn't fix it.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Using Chrome most of the website works correctly, but some elements like post editor, or highlighting the buttons below the top banner when I mouse over, have more than a second delay.

This problem is new, I've only encountered it today.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Same issue, running Firefox.  One of the ads was/is using Shockwave and was getting scripting errors.  Once I disabled Shockwave (changed it to never activate), everything worked correctly.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Same here. Started last night for me. Something is seriously bogging down page rendering, freezing the page if you try to scroll while it's doing its thing. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I've tried both Chrome and FF and both have the issue.  It's more noticable on Chrome for some reason.  Went to work and tried from there and had similar issues with IE.  So something is up and it's not computer specific or my network specific.   Just started either this morning or last night as far as I can tell.  
  • BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425

No surprise when they use 30+ tracking cookies, spyware and addware on their page:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/424900/Hola-Why-so-much-user-tracking-and-spyware-on-this-page.html

I reported this months ago.

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by Bascola

No surprise when they use 30+ tracking cookies, spyware and addware on their page:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/424900/Hola-Why-so-much-user-tracking-and-spyware-on-this-page.html

I reported this months ago.

Something happened in the last 2 days and yea, I think this is the main reason. The site "freezes" because of too much of this kind of garbage. Come on, guys.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I've had better web browsing experiences with 56k modema than the experiecience >I'm curenclty having with this site. Come on, do something, fix it.

PS. Sorry for typos on the first sentence. That's how long I had to write without seeing what I was writing because the website lagged behind. It's disturbing to write like that.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    i noticed a slow down this week, now it goes "normal" (slow like always) but when it takes 30s to load a page.... is frustrating