It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I've played a lot of online games, and for the most part I avoid f2p games for various reasons, mostly pay to win features.
I play League of legends and I've played World Of Tanks for years.
Here's my profile (nothing special but lot of play) : http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/1002311019-Bribarian/
I do think WOT is one of the best free to play though. I'll just do some pros and cons.
- Gameplay is very good overall. Better teams/players = victories 90% of the time. Most importantly though, it's fun.
- Quick And Easy Battles. Battles won't typically go on longer than 20 mins making it accessible for on-the-go people.
- Community is good too, better than most Online games I've played. As with the internet though you're going to run into douchebags, no avoiding it. But overall good.
- Large variety of tanks and nations to play as....
- If you're a WW2 history fanatic (like me) you'll get a real kick out of the battles and atmosphere of the game.
- Form platoons with friends clan and enter battles.
- I personally like the music a lot in this game
- The Grind is really bad if you're F2Play. Much smoother as Premium. If you're looking to get the Tier 8 + tanks you're going to have a hard time without putting some money in...You can still enjoy the game at the mid tiers though.
- Gold Rounds. Players can purchase gold which does give an in-game advantage. One of the worst aspects of the game.
- Graphics are pretty meh. They kept the graphics to keep the game running smoothly for everyone, but I still think it could use a bump.
- Tank customization could use a little work
- I somewhat wish spawns were better, rather than a clusterfook of people running into eachother
- I feel like the Russian Makers favor the Russian Tanks
Anyways, overall 8/10 F2Play game and I highly recommend trying it.