Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge: Ultimate Founder's Pack Giveaway #1

Comments

• Grizzle2000Grizzle2000 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    That idea to bring together PvE and PvP players in one 'battleground'.
  • lapislazaruslapislazarus Member Posts: 1
    super excited for a legit steampunk mmo. also the cryomancer snowball looks super fun!
  • GaleOmGaleOm Member UncommonPosts: 28
    I am interested to see can Obsidian bring something new to MMO formula.
  • bonethrackbonethrack Member Posts: 1
    I am super excited because of the ascension atlas being able to gain power based on progress in it rather than traditional levels.
  • RaakshdosRaakshdos Member Posts: 6
    Here goes hoping that Skyforge is the new gold standard in MMO. I've played them all, caught in the hype of the overshadowing MMO machine known as GW2 and FFXIV. But still, something seemed to be missing. Maybe Skyforge will give me hope again. CBT1 3-11. See you there!
  • ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I want to play a god!
  • nummisnummis Member Posts: 5

THE reason I am SUPER exicted for Skyforge is that i get to be the baddest mofo on Aelion.

I will be using the GUNNER class with the extremely goddam badass flamethrowing, motor striking, plasma blasting, chain gunning weapon of mass destruction and aint no one going to stand in my way.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    The classes look slightly different and maybe the game will be fun!
  • lmollealmollea Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Beta time!
  • aikido2aikido2 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I really want to play because of the awesome combat system. By the gods!
  • GrendGrend Member UncommonPosts: 63
    From what i've seen and heard of so far about the game, I love the fact that I don't have to create multiple characters to try out each class. Can switch roles on the fly outside of combat. So far that's my favorite part.
  • Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I am an altaholic in MMOs so an MMO where it is one character that can change between classes is absolutely perfect for me because each day I feel like a different person so want to play a different class.
  • cyboratcyborat Member UncommonPosts: 24

Let me start by saying there are plenty of reasons to be excited for SkyForge. For starters there is the fact that you can unlock ALL classes with one character, and I love how they've implemented this. Not only are you earning "phat lewt" or going around bashing baddies over and over just to get a bit more pizang in your pizow skill, but you are working towards unlocking entirely new playstyles! I'm one that tends to roll alts, and then am frustrated that I have to play the same, exact content again just to gain experience with the new character. Skyforge makes sure that won't happen, because you'll be progressing whichever class you want as you go! Tired of slashin' your sword? Click a button, and voila! Step back and fling some ice at the face of your foe!

I am also looking forward to having all this in a setting that mixes Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I LOVED Anarchy Online when it was in its heyday - and it had that same kind of mix. I am really hoping that SkyForge brings that same type of excitement and environment back into my MMO play time!

Then there's the whole god thing. The concept of being 'summoned' to go help out other players while they're trying to fight off waves of baddies sounds super fun. All this added to a more action combo-based combat style, and I'm pretty sure I'll be playing this for quite some time, and bringing my friends with me!

NO LEVELS! That's been promised, and tried before - and sometimes it somewhat works. But more often, it's just a matter of re-labeling what a level is, and you soon are able to feel that same invisi-barrier, telling you you "must be this tall to ride" when you try to explore a new area. Don't get me wrong - the danger involved in going to the wrong place too soon can feel great! But when it happens just because you walked past some invisible line, and all of a sudden EVERYTHING is ready to bite your face off with only its pinky tooth, that jars you out of the immersion, and makes you realize you've just not sunk enough hours into the game yet. It brings a generic feeling of "I'm playing a video game" to the mind - and the fun lessens. It looks like SkyForge is all about always progressing - all within the constraints of the world they've created. I hope that's right, because the environment they've built looks amazing - and immersion and true role-playing could be a BLAST in this setting!

Well, that's just a bit of why I'm super stoked about playing! I know I'm not the only one, but my enthusiasm only grows as I wait for beta to start. And util it does, I'm going to hope, cross my fingers as hard as I can that I'll be chosen for one of these keys, and do so while going back to finishing up my time machine buildout so I can set it for March 11th!

Aelion, here I come!

• philparry80philparry80 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I am excited for this game as the combat looks amazing and the class freedom is nice. Gunner class looks like fun to me.
  • ThorryyThorryy Member Posts: 4

I'm super excited for Skyforge because I loved Allods Online and this is the same developer. I also like that you can switch between multiple classes, you are not being locked into an class choice like in other games. You are playing dps and your party needs a tank? Well no problem just switch to Paladin.

The action combat is also a very important part, I just love it, doding skills, outplaying our enemies by just being better is always so satisfying.

Then the graphics and world it all looks so good and the fact that I can become a god is just awesome.

I'm really hyped for this game, it would bring more love to my heart than any sparkle princess ever could!

• MisterBadassMisterBadass Member UncommonPosts: 2
    all but that combat
  • zakgorzakgor Member Posts: 2
    Steampunk gorgeous world filled with diverse classes and promising action combat with tons of variety for every kind of player all while being a mighty god? Yes please!
  • FarroxFarrox Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Excited for Skyforge because this game's combat reminds me of Vindictus, just without bad/laggy netcode and Nexon behind the helm. 'Nuff said.
  • ChivalrousSnakeChivalrousSnake Member Posts: 1
    I want to fight for Aelion! I also want to destroy alien robots.
  • swiftkittyswiftkitty Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I am excited to get my hands on a new game, should be interesting to see it come to fruition.
  • zakgorzakgor Member Posts: 2
    Steampunk gorgeous world filled with diverse classes and promising action combat with tons of variety for every kind of player all while being a mighty god? Yes please!

• ChouzinChouzin Member Posts: 1
    I need things to do, and Skyforge seems to be one of the best ways to spend my time at the moment
  • HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

action please

Oo

• agaribaagariba Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Because my beloved people need me protecting them there inside.
  • ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348

I've been following this game for awhile now and am really looking forward to it. I LOVE many of the features of design choices the devs have been going with. For one they're keeping with the forward momentum of using action combat in an mmorpg which i truly feel is the way of the future while not fully getting rid of tab target as well.

Also I absolutely love that they went with the all classes on one character approach like Final Fantasy 11 started. It really makes committing yourself to your character a lot more meaningful when you're not having to character hop everytime you want to craft plate armor instead of cloth robes or play your archer instead of your warrior.

The graphics are also simply amazing, truly this game is already starting miles ahead from the start with a lot of the right choices already being made and i'd love if i could get the chance to play with the founder's pack rewards.

This discussion has been closed.