Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A great game but Square Ennix really need to improve their customer support .

greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I can't knock the game itself its very smooth and has regular decent regular updates but its customer relations and support leave a lot to be desired . 

Firstly I will go through my experience today . I saw on Massively yesterday that FF14 is doing a welcome back weekend to former subscribers but upon checking my registered email with them I found nothing from Square-Ennix to inform me of this .You would think they would want to get as many people back but how are they going to do that without informing them . Given it had been a while since I had played I had forgotten my password so I sent for a recovery which I got but there was no link in the email they sent to where I could recover my password ( that is bad ) or instructions as to how to apply the code they sent to retrieve the password in another manner . I did manage to eventually do it though through trial and error but my account had been locked so I had to reset it not once but twice after that . Don't ask me why . The first time I did this it informed me that my password had changed but for some reason it didn't register on their system so when I tried to log in it just kept telling me the password was invalid . After doing a second time it worked though .

Secondly my friends experience a few weeks ago . She like me signed up again but rather than for a welcome back weekend she returned to subscribe . Square Ennix took her payment which was for a number of months but she found her account locked for security purposes unlike me she could not work out how to get her account back . I think because she couldn't remember the answer to her security question . So she contacted Square-Ennix customer support for help . All she receieved from them after several days was an email asking if she was happy with their level of support which obviously she answered in the negative . This happened several times a repeated cycle of asking for support and only getting emails back asking her if she had been happy with the support she got . Eventually she gave up cancelled the subscription and decided she would never return to the game after the experience she had because to quote her "they obviously don't want me as a customer"

I have played mmos for well over a decade now and I don't think I have ever known of a company this bad . I have never had a problem with retrieving a password and I have never heard of anyone having a problem where customer support repeatedly failed to contact a customer in such a manner . 

Oh and before anyone asks in both cases we did check our junk mail . 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Hence the importance of keeping your account info in a special place, saves lots of trouble later.

But I will agree, most MMOS skimp on customer support these days, too expensive to care about their clients it seems.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Hence the importance of keeping your account info in a special place, saves lots of trouble later.

But I will agree, most MMOS skimp on customer support these days, too expensive to care about their clients it seems.

Totally agree there . In my case it was a moving of house though . Half my stuff is still in boxes including the notebook I have all my passwords in is still packed away . Yeah its a shame they skimp on customer support it must lose them a lot of subscriptions in the long run . 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I don't like their account management website(s). They use different wording for the same action and there is way too much redundancy

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    every thought i dont know of calling them?? it sounds like you were hacing alot of issues with there website, user error not sure what the problem was. But how can you rate there customer support when you barley had contact with them
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by voltt
    every thought i dont know of calling them?? it sounds like you were hacing alot of issues with there website, user error not sure what the problem was. But how can you rate there customer support when you barley had contact with them
    Took my partner two weeks to get in touch with a real person over the phone. It's the only way to remove the otp if you lose your removal code. They operate only during regular business hours so if you work during those times, it is quite difficult. Had to spend an hour or two on hold every day and hoped they picked up. Which someone did, finally. After that, took about 30 seconds for them to fix the issue