Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFA PVP AT launch Only

will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Do you feel duped? Would you of backed the game knowing that when you die, you'll lose your stuff and the game is FFA?

(Artcraft admitted today that the 800k KS is for only guaranteeing that the "dregs" aka the FFA pvp server) to be available at launch.

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I don't follow this game at all aside from the random stuff I see on this forum here and there and I have known for a long time to expect Crowfall would be this sort of game.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Is there a single backer that didn't expect some FFA PVP?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    The point is, you have no option. The only option is FFA pvp, like darkfall.  And the loot rate is harsh. There will be no guild vs guild server etc...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by will75
    The point is, you have no option. The only option is FFA pvp, like darkfall.  And the loot rate is harsh. There will be no guild vs guild server etc...

I'm still not following what the problem is. We're talking about a game that's being universally viewed as Shadowbane 2.0. If anyone was expecting anything different, that's ignorance on their part.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

Maybe you'll like it anyways?  I never liked FFA PVP until I did.

I wouldn't say Crowfall is like darkfall.  Once again, I don't follow the game but I know enough about it to say it isn't like Darkfall.

I don't know what its like.  Crowfall looks kinda strange.  I'm interested to see some gameplay in the future and hear what people think who actually get a chance to play it.  I'm definitely not going to judge it based on my experience with Darkfall.

But ya, don't buy things when you dont' know what they are if you're the sorta fellow that gets upset about what you've bought.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I would have researched the game before buying it.

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    The server rulesets that are on the website are all open at launch. The FFA one is going to be the one for Alpha.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

A better darkfall with a fully destructable world?

Yeah, I can see this game doing extremely well, might just finally kill DFUW and bring back a lot of people from Shadow Bane and DF1.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I just checked your profile OP. I don't think people are looking at it like Crowfall or Camelot Unchained. I know this pvpr is looking forward to seeing what both have to offer.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I understand where he's coming from. The server types have been equally promoted, not just the FFA Dregs. This is the first time that they have been prioritized by KS stretch achievements... i.e. people were assuming that there would be an equal opportunity to play guild vs. guild and 3 sided as there would be to play in the FFA server,

I didn't back it and don't plan to, but I have been following it... and to anyone who has, the "only one server type" thing is news.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117
    Originally posted by Iselin

I understand where he's coming from. The server types have been equally promoted, not just the FFA Dregs. This is the first time that they have been prioritized by KS stretch achievements... i.e. people were assuming that there would be an equal opportunity to play guild vs. guild and 3 sided as there would be to play in the FFA server,

I didn't back it and don't plan to, but I have been following it... and to anyone who has, the "only one server type" thing is news.

This isn't a server type, they are campaign types.

There will be different campaigns with different rule sets.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54d23a28cb64aad54d68afd8

• SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    This is pure hyperbole as the game will not launch for a year plus from now. In that time we will likely see further stretch goals etc.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by ko1o
    Originally posted by Iselin

This isn't a server type, they are campaign types.

There will be different campaigns with different rule sets.

http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54d23a28cb64aad54d68afd8

Server... campaign... Matilda... call it whatever. It's the place where you go fight for weeks or months until that world is destroyed. I have no idea what the semantic distinction has to do with the fact that they were all equally promoted until today.

And from the same FAQ you linked...

"These Campaigns aren’t just “instances”, though -- they are fully populated, continent-sized, seamless zone MMO servers..."

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

They "admitted" it as some asked for clarification, because the KS site made it appear that FFA was what was being offered and surprise it is...shouldn't really be that surprising. As they said, FFA is the base for the game, adding in additional rules and features on top should be fairly easy once the "Core" game is in place.

As for being duped, I actually upped my pledge to Amber and also got the $34 copy for my lady aka the one that lets me pay for video games not out yet. We are all able to downgrade/upgrade or remove our backing for quite a while. I'm guessing with stretch goals coming and if it goes like typical KS, additional campaigns might make it in by the end anyway. Or once packages are offered on the site since many can only use Paypal.

• jairusjairus Member UncommonPosts: 175

The FAQ says EK will have PvE.

25. Does that mean the Eternal Kingdom is a personal instance? Like a housing zone?

No.

Kingdoms are unique -- you can build structures here, just like Campaign Worlds.

They are persistent -- meaning they never go away.

They are big – much more expansive than a housing instance, with monsters to conquer and lands to explore: mountains, caverns, rivers, valleys… you name it! These are fully featured Worlds (they just don’t produce materials!)

They are multiplayer – if you want them to be. You get to decide how much you want to allow other player(s) to access to your Kingdom.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

what they said was that the core module will be pvp ffa. this makes perfect sense since its the bare bones of the game....they can then develop the meat once the skeleton is in place.

what were you expecting? that they were going to develop complicated rule sets first then tack on a FFA full loot campaign?

development of ...well anything...doesn't work that way. you start from simple then move to more complex.