Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware gives 7 days free subscriber access!!!

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

woot!

former subscribers get 7 days for free

http://www.swtor.com/choose-your-path/rejoin

• Must have previously signed up for a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ recurring subscription using a valid payment method, redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic game time code or redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic game product Registration code
  • Account must be in an inactive Subscription status due to cancellation or non-payment
  • Must be opted-in to hear from Star Wars: The Old Republic via email
  • Players who have already activated or used the promotional 7-Day Free Subscription Time offer and banned accounts do not qualify

and this nice offer here for 39 bucks

• Shadow of Revan Expansion – Level Cap to 60
  • Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion – Level Cap to 55
  • 60 Days of Subscription Game Time
  • 2400 Cartel Coins to spend in the Cartel Market

Comments

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by DocBrody

woot!

• Must have previously signed up for a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ recurring subscription using a valid payment method, redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic game time code or redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic game product Registration code
    • Account must be in an inactive Subscription status due to cancellation or non-payment
    • Players who have already activated or used the promotional 7-Day Free Subscription Time offer and banned accounts do not qualify

That $39 offer is actually pretty damn good.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by Calgor
    Originally posted by DocBrody

woot!

That $39 offer is actually pretty damn good.

Hmm.  That's semi tempting.  I quit during the first month of launch and only returned briefly. The Hutt Cartel only seems like a $10 expansion to me at this point.  The subscription isn't really interesting as I'd rather sub to WOW if I returned to MMO endgame.

The 2400 cartel coins is a nice perk though, I'd have to see what the store offers.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Wow, that sounds pretty good! Considering a come back.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    For $40 bucks i can play again with unrestricted access for 2 months plus all the extra content and stuff. Pretty good deal. Im considering falling for it. But i dont know, i dont trust EA with their online games anymore. Whats the catch, EA?

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Those free lightsaber crystals are pretty nice too. ^^

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20150226

It's a huge help for any future characters if you don't have any unlocked inside Collections yet.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    For $40 bucks i can play again with unrestricted access for 2 months plus all the extra content and stuff. Pretty good deal. Im considering falling for it. But i dont know, i dont trust EA with their online games anymore. Whats the catch, EA?

What do you mean "what's the catch?", if 10K players buy 39.99$ pack they get 399K$. after 2 months these players will be reverted back to preferred status and until they subscribe again they can't enjoy the game at all, let's say 1K players decide to stay sub, that is 15K $ per month more for them. It is all hypothetical, i am sure number of players buying those will be nearly 50K and they will get at least 10K more subscriber at least for another 8 months..BIG WIN for them.  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

It's a huge help for any future characters if you don't have any unlocked inside Collections yet.

I really wish they remove stats from crystals and add extra stats to hilt/barrel. Green hilts come with +27, Blue comes with +33 and Purple with +41 extra endurance/power/critical/expertise stat. It would really really help crafters : crystal crafter, barrel crafter, hilt crafter; all of them. And i don't think people buy cash shop crystals for stats at all, the look is very important here, so people would not turn away from them. Costumes without any stats sell more than costumes with stats, it is clear SWTOR don't want to buy power from money, they are more interested in buying pretty things and that is exactly the attitude cash shop spenders should have and that is the kind of cash shop F2P games should have.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I think there's no catch in your case, that's the goal, bring back former players :)

Since it's less valuable for those who already have Revan and Hutt, they only get 2400 CC for their 10 bucks (above the 2 month) which is nice, but not a massive deal. Even less for current subscribers with a long-term plan, because for them the 2 month is less than 30 bucks.

So, catch is throwing a lure to those who were absent since years, don't have the packs, and want to check the class changes. For them it's a decent offer.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by jesteralways

What do you mean "what's the catch?", if 10K players buy 39.99$ pack they get 399K$. after 2 months these players will be reverted back to preferred status and until they subscribe again they can't enjoy the game at all, let's say 1K players decide to stay sub, that is 15K $ per month more for them. It is all hypothetical, i am sure number of players buying those will be nearly 50K and they will get at least 10K more subscriber at least for another 8 months..BIG WIN for them.  

I'd say it's a very good move by EA/Bioware. There must be 100's of thousands of players that abandoned the game shortly after release, and this offer is squarely aimed at them.

Those that subbed for a few months after release and then left to never return are the ones that will gain maximum value from this offer. And it will be a huge win if even 10% of that crowd can be converted to regular (or even premium) players again.

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I really wish they remove stats from crystals and add extra stats to hilt/barrel. Green hilts come with +27, Blue comes with +33 and Purple with +41 extra endurance/power/critical/expertise stat. It would really really help crafters : crystal crafter, barrel crafter, hilt crafter; all of them. And i don't think people buy cash shop crystals for stats at all, the look is very important here, so people would not turn away from them. Costumes without any stats sell more than costumes with stats, it is clear SWTOR don't want to buy power from money, they are more interested in buying pretty things and that is exactly the attitude cash shop spenders should have and that is the kind of cash shop F2P games should have.

The extra stats you get from crystals is already not a whole lot compared to what the hilt, mod, enhancement and augment give when added up, so it won't be long before they simply remove the stats from them altogether and make them purely decorative.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I'd say it's a very good move by EA/Bioware. There must be 100's of thousands of players that abandoned the game shortly after release, and this offer is squarely aimed at them.

Those that subbed for a few months after release and then left to never return are the ones that will gain maximum value from this offer. And it will be a huge win if even 10% of that crowd can be converted to regular (or even premium) players again.

Indeed, it's a clever move, and likely one that'll proof highly profitable.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

Even if only a tiny fraction stays subbed longer than 2 months and even if most of them left after a few weeks it would still be a win.  It's not like it's costing EA anything.  It's all just digital content,  I doubt they will use many second per new account.  They will have spend a few hours promoting the deal and setting up the automated deal,  but after that initial cost have been covered it's pure win.

If you take advantage of the deal,  hold on to your cartel coins for a few days/weeks.  If you decide you want to keep playing as preffered you will need to spend quite a lot of coins to make it a decent experience. Spend whatever credits you have over 350k to buy accountunlocks from the GTN (auctionhouse) and get the rest with cartel coins.  With all possible account unlocks it's actually not a bad game.

If you never want to go preffered, you should imo spend the first coin on unlocking rocket boost. Then buy a level 10 color crystal +40 power or +40 endurance from GTN and unlock it in collections so all your alts get acces to free crystals. (Don't get +40 expertise,  it messes up bolster (unless that's fixed)) If you need credits you could buy a couple of cartel packs,  they probably sell for 250-300k a piece on GTN. Credits are pretty easy to get though if you have a high level character,  so I would just do daylies for credits if I had a level 50+. 

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I have returned myself and got the free 7 days.  Really enjoying it so far this game has tons of pvp content and now has the ability to own zones on planets.  The pvp balance is a mess right now.  I would subscribe but im waiting for ESO then ill make a decision.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    Originally posted by filmoret
    I have returned myself and got the free 7 days.  Really enjoying it so far this game has tons of pvp content and now has the ability to own zones on planets.  The pvp balance is a mess right now.  I would subscribe but im waiting for ESO then ill make a decision.

You'll be able to switch back and forth between the two soon enough, and subscribe to whichever one you happen to play more at the time. image