Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A real fantasy sandbox mmorpg.

GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547

I had a little idea about a concept for an interesting sandbox mmorpg...

Consider a true sandbox where crafting, tradeskills and business and full loot are a major part of the game.... (like how it is in ultima online or eve for example and I suppose a little like darkfall but even more sandbox and trade orientated)

It would be interesting to have a world in which everyone spawns essentially naked with no skills, in a different town randomly in a world which is made up literally of hundreds of towns which has a vast landscape.

In such a game when it comes to economy, it would be great for community it promotes traders who come from your own town to actually be vital to its growth and power of the players and to make bonds with those players (perhaps there could be an option to come from the same town s a friend). Also for players to band together if player invaders come for example or help someone who lost their gear to another player.

Think along the lines of eve online with solar systems but where each solar system is a town and you would have to travel long distances between each town, between the towns is ofcourse monsters, special areas, trade related areas like mines, forests etc. I think such a game with that base concept could turn out to be interesting if would be proper sandbox. Kind of like the next evolution of ultima online.

Do you think a game like that would interest you?

Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Mortal Online
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Wurm online
  • GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    I don't really think the scope of those games is quite to the same degree as what I am explaining. Ultima online is the closest thing what I am explaining.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by vadio123
    Mortal Online

I'd like to avoid that initial 'spawn naked' experience in my future games, thank you...

A lot of people like this because then it is pure sandbox and you are not assigned to a specific path upon character creation...  Everyone is the same. You can just choose your path when you get into the world.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Graveblade

I had a little idea about a concept for an interesting sandbox mmorpg...

Consider a true sandbox where crafting, tradeskills and business and full loot are a major part of the game.... (like how it is in ultima online or eve for example and I suppose a little like darkfall but even more sandbox and trade orientated)

It would be interesting to have a world in which everyone spawns essentially naked with no skills, in a different town randomly in a world which is made up literally of hundreds of towns which has a vast landscape.

In such a game when it comes to economy, it would be great for community it promotes traders who come from your own town to actually be vital to its growth and power of the players and to make bonds with those players (perhaps there could be an option to come from the same town s a friend). Also for players to band together if player invaders come for example or help someone who lost their gear to another player.

Think along the lines of eve online with solar systems but where each solar system is a town and you would have to travel long distances between each town, between the towns is ofcourse monsters, special areas, trade related areas like mines, forests etc. I think such a game with that base concept could turn out to be interesting if would be proper sandbox. Kind of like the next evolution of ultima online.

Do you think a game like that would interest you?

Sadnbox does no equal Full loot, Crafting focused, PvP.  So no that wouldn't interest me in the slightest in fact it would be just as unpopular and deemed a failure as the last 9797 MMO's like this. 

If I had a 1$ for every Themepark WoW Clone or PvP Sandbox I'd be bale to fund my own MMO.  Here's a novel concept, lets create a new type of MMO with a different approach from the last 15 years of MMO development. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin

Sadnbox does no equal Full loot, Crafting focused, PvP.  So no that wouldn't interest me in the slightest in fact it would be just as unpopular and deemed a failure as the last 9797 MMO's like this. 

If I had a 1$ for every Themepark WoW Clone or PvP Sandbox I'd be bale to fund my own MMO.  Here's a novel concept, lets create a new type of MMO with a different approach from the last 15 years of MMO development. 

Actually sandbox pretty much does include with crafting and pvp and full loot. Sandbox when considering mmorpg's essentially means an open world with the tools and no specific ruleset to follow and this allows you to do whatever you want within the open world. So by default pvp and crafting and such would be in, it essentially allows for the most open ended system with the least rules.

Sandbox includes all of this and that is why games like eve and uo are still going for such a long time.