Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Come on guys lets help them hit that goal!

TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
Hey if you are interested and believe in the company as I do(I donated the highest tier)  then support them and every penny helps!  if it is not your cup of tea then cool do not.  But yes I think  they are taking the rules of two geners turning them upside down and recreating a new kind of Mmo ...so get on board!

Comments

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Only at release util it i dont spare any penny for this game (or any other)
  • TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    So far, the game looks as bland as it's name. No thanks.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    Understood but better for us as a community to back them then a corporate entity that takes control over their vision and warps it.....my opinion of course.
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Very interested in this game. Not interested in any sort of crowdfunding. Will purchase and try if/when it launches.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Originally posted by Talrune
    Understood but better for us as a community to back them then a corporate entity that takes control over their vision and warps it.....my opinion of course.

What vision is that precisely?  Their campaign ideas don't seem that flushed out for it being a strategy game.  Their rule sets don't really come of as that unique either.  More like traditional server rule sets that you can jump too.  

There's definitely some interesting ideas presented, but to me it all comes off as a scatter shot.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    10.000 backup ? why did you do that ?
    it is not a strategy game its a mix of alot of genres combined to form a MMO and why did i do that? because I believe in the folks driving the vision......And I'd rather have us the community fund them then a big corporation...we all know what path that leads to.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Crowd funding is not something I will ever participate in. Good luck hope the game makes it though.Always liked Raph Koster.

• Victor_KrugerVictor_Kruger Member UncommonPosts: 280
    The Kickstarter more then doing well , they should make their funding goal in a few more days and the a lot more extra tell the thirty days are up.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by kitarad
    Crowd funding is not something I will ever participate in. Good luck hope the game makes it though.Always liked Raph Koster.

Pretty much same here, besides I haven't even decided whether I'll play it or not.

Originally posted by Hefaistos

Don't believe everything someone on the internet claims. :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64

Honestly, I think Crowdfunding is at the surface a good idea but my experiences with Star Citizen has turned me off on investing into a game without some sort of playable product readily available.  I mean it has been something like 2 years since I invested in Star Citizen and still not even a playable alpha and therein lies the issue.  

Basically you jump in on a concept in the crowdfunding stages and it is going to be 3-5 years before you get any return on your investment.   I mean first there is a hell of alot I could have spent $60 on in those 2 years since I invested in Star Citizen.  That could have bought me some premium mechs in MWO or a premium tank in WoT or even 4 months of premium access in either game.  That could have bought me 1-5 games on Steam that might have given me hours of enjoyment.  Instead they have $60 and  have mostly a bunch of reports on what the game will be like when it releases...whenever that might be.

Additionally, while it really hasn't been an issue so far that I am aware of, eventually one of these games will end up failing prior to release and because they spent all your money on development....well your just going to be out your money.

Anyway, that being the case, my rule of thumb now is that there has to be at least a minimum playable product available, basically something I can spend time and have fun with from the minute I purchase.  It doesn't have to be a finished product, but it does have to be something that gives me a immediate return on my investment so that if things do go south, I still feel I got my monies worth.

Here is a prime example.  Naval Action.  It is in very early alpha with only about 2% of that game done.  However that 2% is about a dozen very cool, iconic Age of Sail ships and a nice little arena deathmatch PvP set up that allow for some amazingly fun gameplay.  I think I have at least 50 hours played since I bought it on Feb 13th and can't wait to get home to play again tonight which makes it very cheap entertainment at only a $39.99 price tag.  Basically there was no 1-3 year wait and even if the full MMO doesn't come to fruition, my $40 feels well spent.  This situation I will buy into, not something I have to wait for.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    or 60$ pack of cards in Hearthstone which leads to a decent build which can provide TONS of hours of RNG fun :)

Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Originally posted by kitarad

Pretty much same here, besides I haven't even decided whether I'll play it or not.

Originally posted by Hefaistos

Don't believe everything someone on the internet claims. :P

referring to me? not bragging but showing proof but yeah point made.

Originally posted by Demogorgon

Lock this thread... We don't need beggar thread on top of stupid overhyped thread.

There's nothing really new here. Just one more PvP game that looks like crap/build around cost cutting that will be dead in a few month.

Who is begging? if ya not interested then move along very simple.

• fillybluntsfillyblunts Member UncommonPosts: 26
    When they have an actual product to sell me, then I will consider giving them money. I'm not a fan of giving people money on "good faith" that one day they will give me something worthwhile for it.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

by the time this releases wont all the backers be hyped for the next KS mmo? what happened to all the talk about The Repopulation, Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen, Shroud of the Avatar, Pathfinder, etc. etc. etc. these games seem to make more money, have more excitement, and more hype around them the farther they are from release.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Yay- More great ideas and hype if you can only just give them money money money.

This is getting tiresome. People have been throwing money at these projects for years and have squat to show for it. look at "greed Monger"-3 years later.... 

MMORPG.com should add a begging section for these posts and all the unfinished crowdfunded MMOs.

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

I can't help but be impressed by the team they have assembled.

Prior to reading their kickstarter campaign I did not think of this game as an option that fit my own gaming style. TBH I have steered away from pvp since my UO and AC days. However, after reading how immersive this game will be it might be something I will try.

In for a Nickel. I know its not much but I'm happy to recognize the effort and team even if I may not play.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

Originally posted by DelCabon

I can't help but be impressed by the team they have assembled.

Prior to reading their kickstarter campaign I did not think of this game as an option that fit my own gaming style. TBH I have steered away from pvp since my UO and AC days. However, after reading how immersive this game will be it might be something I will try.

In for a Nickel. I know its not much but I'm happy to recognize the effort and team even if I may not play.

Every Penny or Nickel helps I  say!

And they the devs have stated if they do not meet the funding goal they will get  funding via other means but they prefer it comes from us and it sorta gives them an idea i think of how well the game will do.

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117

Every pvp game has been a let down for me after Shadowbane. So I'm uber looking forward to this.

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    ... why did i do that? because I believe in the folks driving the vision......

What got me so invested in Crowfall is J Todd Coleman. This man has a great goal and he got all what it takes to achieve it.

I have dreamed of a game like this combining the large scale battles, territory control and fealty system, mixed with some deep "solo" activities of crafting, resources collection, trading.

2 things disappointing imo : 1. Voxel Farm looks nice but it might be too demanding for my PC and 2. Some artworks released since early Feb. are full of blood and I find this disgusting.

Anyway those 2 things can be fixed I guess, I can't wait to test the Alpha (or pre-Alpha?)  =D

• SabinulSabinul Member Posts: 3

Glad to see you're one of the 10k heroes, Talrune  :P

I found out about the game when watching CohhCarnage's stream and I kinda fell in love with it, to be honest.

It might sound odd, but having played Tribal Wars for a long time and being annoyed with the lack of options the game had to offer after years of playing, the minute I saw the kickstarter video I just imagined a 3D Tribal Wars game with an active forum, people declaring wars and arguing in the forums, Politics and Propaganda like in Tribal Wars, war pamphlets and people getting screwed over by traitors and ultimately quitting for a month or two before coming back.

I just saw a lot of possible bullsh*t to do in the game and I can't wait to try everything the world has to offer :D

I know it's a bad analogy and that TW isn't that good of a game, but having flashes of people quitting the game because of the bullsh*t you could do to them just puts a smile on my face and I can't wait to try it in Crowfall too.

I never backed a game before and I would generally say it's a bad idea to back something unless you have concrete evidence that you WILL get the game and what you pledged for, but with this I really feel like it's gonna make it. Even though I will be putting a bunch of money compared to what I earn, I'm willing to take the risk. I really like the concept of the game.

I made a kickstarter account for this yesterday and came here after I saw Talrune's comment on the project's page.

Even if I might spend the money on something that's gonna disappoint me, I can't wait to get the money to pledge.

Just wanted to share my point of view over here.

Hope more people will follow the game's progress :)

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    No, don't be silly. I buy games, not promises. I'm sending good vibes out at them because I'd like to be able to buy this game, if it's good and gets made.
  • Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    I'd rather pack my rectum full of m80s then squat over a flaming hibachi than to support a game that looked like Crowfall. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Hey if you are interested and believe in Jesus as I do(I donated the highest tier)  then support him and every penny helps!  if it is not your cup of tea then cool do not.  But yes I think he is taking the ideals of two prophets turning them upside down and recreating a new kind of salvation ...so get on board!

Do you see it?!