Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game seems like it won't do well.

Does it seem like this game isn't going to do well at all since there are already better pvp alternatives out there?

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    What better PvP alternatives are there? What in particular is bad about Crowfall's PvP that you didn't like when you tried it? Do tell!
  • Originally posted by JayFiveAlive
    What better PvP alternatives are there? What in particular is bad about Crowfall's PvP that you didn't like when you tried it? Do tell!

Idk I think it will be another full loot pvp dead in a month population decline kind of game. Most people who play in the PVP crowds are in the MOBA genre. 

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I'll be checking out Crowfall for sure and I pretty much only play ARMA 3 and EVE.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

I mean it got over 50% of it's kickstarter in less than a day, it's already doing well.

As for the actual game, there are no other MMORPG PVP games that reset the world every so often to give players that new game landrush type of feeling so it has already carved out it's niche.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by knightofblackvalor
    Does it seem like this game isn't going to do well at all since there are already better pvp alternatives out there?

There are absolutely NO "better" alternatives to PVP out on the market. Currently PVE-Themepark is flooding the market. Most of which are failing left and right, and studios close due to this path that they've taken.

More diversity is ALWAYS good. 

Please give examples of "better" titles out there that do pvp "better". Please reframe from listing ANY themepark MMOs that simply tacked a "pvp module" on later that doesn't fit at all with the game they designed. (ie: don't list WoW, RIFT, etc...these are themepark games with an emphasis on hand-holding, quest-driven, content).

-Bear

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This is like people saying EQN is going to fail. Why? Have you played CF? Is its PvP sub par? No one knows its all speculation at this point. CF may fail and it may do well. No one knows for sure at this point as no one has played the full game, not even the devs. 
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

depend only if PVP became "module" or "nessecary" in game 

Somes peoples dont like forced play pvp to get stuffs , this firsts one quit 

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Originally posted by BearKnight

There are absolutely NO "better" alternatives to PVP out on the market. Currently PVE-Themepark is flooding the market. Most of which are failing left and right, and studios close due to this path that they've taken.

Please give examples of "better" titles out there that do pvp "better". Please reframe from listing ANY themepark MMOs that simply tacked a "pvp module" on later that doesn't fit at all with the game they designed. (ie: don't list WoW, RIFT, etc...these are themepark games with an emphasis on hand-holding, quest-driven, content).

-Bear

Do PVP better? The game isn't out.  But let's grab a few games that either have or will have interesting PVP mechanics now.  Darkfall, Camelot Unchained, Pathfinder Online, EVE.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i know nothing about this game, is it ffa full looting? if so, yeah it wont do well and thats not really going out on a limb either.

those kind of games rarely do well, i can only think of one that has been released in the last 10 or 12 years that has.

Originally posted by baphamet

i know nothing about this game, is it ffa full looting? if so, yeah it wont do well and thats not really going out on a limb either.

those kind of games rarely do well, i can only think of one that has been released in the last 10 or 12 years that has.

As always threads like this is filled with miss information. They have different PvP worlds with different PvP rule sets. FFA PvP world is the only one I think has full loot. Some worlds its just inventory that can be looted but the devs have been very clear, getting loot in this game is very easy. So having your crafting supplies looted is no big deal as getting more is not hard at all. Im not a fan of full loot but if they keep to their word on this, its no biggie.  

Originally posted by MisterZebub
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    This is like people saying EQN is going to fail. Why? Have you played CF? Is its PvP sub par? No one knows its all speculation at this point. CF may fail and it may do well. No one knows for sure at this point as no one has played the full game, not even the devs. 

Damn it Nanfoodle! I've explained before that random dudes on the internet trump direct knowledge about any subject any day.

I still dont get gamers wanting games to fail. Yelling fail before we try them. I really think as gamers we should hope every game does well and get upset only when devs really make a bad game. Even then, ESO sucked at launch but the fans are eating things up now. They seem to have turned the boat around for the most part. IMO nerd rage over games is some of the dumbest stands gamers can make. Hate a game, walk away and stop posting about it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

Idk I think it will be another full loot pvp dead in a month population decline kind of game. Most people who play in the PVP crowds are in the MOBA genre. 

I believe that different maps have different levels of risk so it might not be so bad for people who don't want a full risk game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • fillybluntsfillyblunts Member UncommonPosts: 26
    It might suck, it might be great, it might not ever see the light of day. Its not a game, its an idea for a game. This kickstarter crap is the worst thing to happen to gaming since E.T. The extra terrestrial. 
  • SojhinSojhin Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Originally posted by fillyblunts
    It might suck, it might be great, it might not ever see the light of day. Its not a game, its an idea for a game. This kickstarter crap is the worst thing to happen to gaming since E.T. The extra terrestrial. 

Kickstarter has given us Wasteland 2, Divinity Orginal Sin, Shadowrun, and these games are great. At the moment Crowfall is far more then merely an idea. It has gameplay snip vids and is moving forward. 

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by PottedPlant22

-Bear

Do PVP better? The game isn't out.  But let's grab a few games that either have or will have interesting PVP mechanics now.  Darkfall, Camelot Unchained, Pathfinder Online, EVE.

Crowfall offers the rule sets for DF,CU, and PF:O as well as ones they don't offer. so its going to come down to the combat mechanics as a whole. you also have to account for the fact that all four games you mentioned are subscription based games....while CF is not. CF will probably have a much bigger player pool at least initially.

Eve combat is SO different that you can't really compare it to anything else....its like apples and bread loafs.

i personally think(having played PFO) the only real competition on that list would be CU and, as i said CF seems to add more variety.

to the original post i doubt the game will fail financially.... being b2p and at a significant hype level it will make its money back on box sales alone. while continued success will hinge on the combat mechanics, bot/cheater control, and post launch support(basically like any game).

• fillybluntsfillyblunts Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Sojhin
    Originally posted by fillyblunts

Kickstarter has given us Wasteland 2, Divinity Orginal Sin, Shadowrun, and these games are great. At the moment Crowfall is far more then merely an idea. It has gameplay snip vids and is moving forward. 

Can you play it?

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

Just goes back to the fact that its features seem to be aimed at it being niche.  That does not mean it will not do well.  Being niche insinuates that it will not be the next big thing to most people, but it will be the be all end all for a devout few.

Just because you don't like features of a game, does not mean it is not a good game.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by baphamet

As always threads like this is filled with miss information. They have different PvP worlds with different PvP rule sets. FFA PvP world is the only one I think has full loot. Some worlds its just inventory that can be looted but the devs have been very clear, getting loot in this game is very easy. So having your crafting supplies looted is no big deal as getting more is not hard at all. Im not a fan of full loot but if they keep to their word on this, its no biggie.  

Exactly.

Crowfall isn't like other MMORPGs.  You don't raid for months, finally get that piece of gear, and then lose it to a ganker.  The gear seems to be as important in Crowfall as it was in Darkfall.  Yeah you can spend a lot and get some sweet gear, but it wont make you THAT much better than others.

Just taking the term "full loot" for what it is, without thinking about how it fits into the context of the game, is causing a lot of people to freak out.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

-Bear

You aren't seriously suggesting that Darkfall as an example of great PvP mechanics are you?

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

In my opinion their marketing is flawed. They shouldn't have targetted the MMORPG PVP'rs but instead should have hit major gaming sites about their game without placing it into a certain genre, let the game speaks for itself.

Of course my opinion could be wrong aswell as I do believe the more MMORPG PVP'r wants his PVP in it's open persistant world where anything can happen. Which is what makes me believe this game would do allot better if they would have marketed the game broader and without the mention of it being a MMORPG or even mentioning "Throne War Simulator"

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

-Bear

You aren't seriously suggesting that Darkfall as an example of great PvP mechanics are you?

I wouldnt. But compared to something that isnt released or is just hype and tech demos (..whatever) even Mortal Online has better PVP. promises are easy, we need to see finished results with full servers. Cant see that when you are paying for a product which does not exist except in someones mind...So sales and expectations are hype-Nothing more.

So darkfall wins. lol

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    another cash grab credit card game, where is the game?
  • Originally posted by knightofblackvalor
    Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

in a certain sense, Crowfall has a moba feel. Crowfall is a much larger map size and, in my opinion, better combat than a normal isometric moba nowadays.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Originally posted by Howbadisbad

I mean it got over 50% of it's kickstarter in less than a day, it's already doing well.

As for the actual game, there are no other MMORPG PVP games that reset the world every so often to give players that new game landrush type of feeling so it has already carved out it's niche.

I think a game already did that and failed or is on life support.  I think it was Pirates of the Burning Sea.  Never played it, but didn't it rest every few months?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

My first Kickstarter donation was for Divinity :Original Sin which turned out to be an amazing game.  This was the right team with the right execution plan and ultimately a game that fit my personal expectations.

While I enjoyed UO's open world pvp, the duels in AC and the RVR in DAOC, I have become more of a carebear player with each year that passes. However, after reading Crowfall's kickstarter page, if they are able to truly meet their stated objectives, this is the first pvp game in a long time that may motivate me to return to PVP or at least include it as an option in my game rotation.

I look at Kickstarter as an investment in my gaming portfolio and make the same considerations when it comes to financial investing. Even well funded great ideas/products/services will fail without the right team and business plan. The team that Crowfall has assembled  is beyond impressive and their execution plan seems spot on. At least on paper this looks to be a game that has all the potential to succeed.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO.