Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 6.1 coming this week

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

And its a sad thing ....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-february-13-2-13-2015

No real content added, no new zones, no new dungeons, no new raids... wasnt that what the major patches where always about?

Just a bunch of ballance stuff and the things that should have been in at releaseday in the first place..

Its allways been a shame how Blizzard treated their customers when it comes to free content updates, and its getting worse the older the game gets....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

You beat me to it.  This confirms what I've been saying for ages that Blizzard takes your money and put the smallest amount of effort into the game that they can get away with.

Any patch like this i.e. 5.1,5.2,5.3 etc etc always comes with new content - but not this time.  Blizzard promised to release content more often and this is the dross they churn out?  People have been playing their Garrisons and diddling their Dungeons for 3 months now - and this is what they get for their next slice of cake, nothing!

People keep paying and they'll keep getting short-changed.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

what's the release of an instance last month got to do with 6.1 - are they tired?

features in 6.1

ESO patch 6.1: provisioning system, massive AAA system, Justice system, collection system.

WOW (with 10 times the revenue as ESO)  selfies.  OOOOOH YEEEEEES.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

And its a sad thing ....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/17561381/61-ptr-patch-notes-february-13-2-13-2015

No real content added, no new zones, no new dungeons, no new raids... wasnt that what the major patches where always about?

Just a bunch of ballance stuff and the things that should have been in at releaseday in the first place..

Its allways been a shame how Blizzard treated their customers when it comes to free content updates, and its getting worse the older the game gets....

I thought 6.1 was a big patch that people had been talking about.  Doesn't sound like much of a patch to me.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

this is my fav feature:

'players can assemble a music box to play in their garrisons'

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

this is my fav feature:

Only in the garrison?  They need to add /boombox

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

And its a sad thing ....

Look on the bright side, Patch 6.1 could have been released in June.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

It had 1 raid, what are you talking about? Blackrock foundry, what do you think that is?

It's true though, comparing this patch to 2.1 and 3.1, it looks tiny. 5.1 in MOP was a small patch too though.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by fivoroth

It had 1 raid, what are you talking about? Blackrock foundry, what do you think that is?

It's true though, comparing this patch to 2.1 and 3.1, it looks tiny. 5.1 in MOP was a small patch too though.

So the content is getting less and less with each patch of an expansion, which just goes to show that Blizzard haven't got their heart in WoW any more and it's just easy money with minimal effort for them.

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by waynejr2

this is my fav feature:

It's an achievement. Once you unlock 20 songs, you get a toy reward in your collections, it's a pair of headphones and plays the music for you personally anywhere.

Music tracks are boss drops throughout current and old content too; karazhan was REALLY busy yesterday.

Only 6 more months until the next raid tier!  Mark your calendars!
    ^^ and another 29 tiers after that, can you imagine the selfie album by then (I'm sure there will be a selfie album right?)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    they broke Ashran. I am out.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Impacthound
    Originally posted by waynejr2

this is my fav feature:

It's an achievement. Once you unlock 20 songs, you get a toy reward in your collections, it's a pair of headphones and plays the music for you personally anywhere.

Music tracks are boss drops throughout current and old content too; karazhan was REALLY busy yesterday.

What really? I loved Kara. Best raid in any MMO! :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

One of my favs too ^^

• zzaxzzax Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Why would they release anything for free when theres millions of drones willing to pay additional $49?
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Oh yes, let's ignore that they added a brand new raid a month ago.

But whatever... bashing WoW is as popular as ever, and WoW players have as much fun as ever playing the game instead of complaining about it.

A raid which shoudl have been in at release of the expansion..

WoW is a fun game... As long as the content is fresh... With 10M subs, they should release more content more often...  That has allways been my only gripe with the game..

in general they killed the first 90 levels of content with this patch, giving nothing instead, and the development of new stuff is ever slowing further down.

i am not bashing WoW, i regularly return to the game and have fun, yet i also think Blizzard is lacking in their update cycles..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Oh yes, let's ignore that they added a brand new raid a month ago.

But whatever... bashing WoW is as popular as ever, and WoW players have as much fun as ever playing the game instead of complaining about it.

A raid which shoudl have been in at release of the expansion..

WoW is a fun game... As long as the content is fresh... With 10M subs, they should release more content more often...  That has allways been my only gripe with the game..

in general they killed the first 90 levels of content with this patch, giving nothing instead, and the development of new stuff is ever slowing further down.

i am not bashing WoW, i regularly return to the game and have fun, yet i also think Blizzard is lacking in their update cycles..

If you've played WoW for even one expansion, you KNOW that raids are used to lure players back to the game.  Without that carrot dangling from the stick, you would have been done with WoD in December and never returned to it until the next expansion... which could be as long as 2 years from now.

Blizzard isn't going to push content out any faster than they have in the past.  10 million subs or 1 sub, it's always the same pace.

• eastsidaeastsida Member Posts: 7
    The far it goes the more pathetic this game becomes. The best was and will be 3.3.5a Lich King
  • sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I just unsubbed.

No content in the world = no sub

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The truly sad thing is that there isn't much out there to play till like the middle of the year. FFXIV? if you got all the classes/crafts to max there's no real point to play till Heavensward (imo). GW2? meh till the expansion drops imo. Dunno what's up with BnS coming west atm. Skyforge? Solid but I'm not wasting money on "Founder Packs." So pretty stuff is pretty stiff for a while.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by sethman75

I just unsubbed.

No content in the world = no sub

I think my two accounts were renewed a few days ago, like they are every month anyway.

A new raid every few months = you keep my subs.

And what a raid, my favorite remains Ulduar, but Blackrock Foundry is close behind, with some of the most funny bosses and mechanics of the game so far.

"I'LL BE BACK!"

The problem is that all there is to do is raid.  Then log off.  Then wait for next raid day.  Then log off.  Then wait for next raid day.  Ad nauseous.

Everything else in the game is worthless if you have at least LFR HM level gear (i640+ average).  It's just a massive raid grind which makes it feel like a job.

Unless you want to roll alt after alt and try to convince yourself that you're accomplishing something other than... just leveling another toon?

There is not enough group content outside of raids that is relevant, non-trivial, and actually has a purpose to pay a subscription to play this game.  You can play games with much better content progression and content shelf life for free these days...

I did reuse for another month after being away since before 6.1, but this is the last month that I'll give them my money because the game just does't have enough in it to be worth a subscription at this point.

If you have 5 hours to burn, you have a hard time finding something to do with it in this game, unless it's a raid night.

The PvP isn't fun because it's so damn poorly balanced, and the BG queueing system is terrible.  You queue up and you get the same boring zerg BG over and over again with the odd AV thrown in 1/10 times.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

yea, really, what a shame!

the addon is out for 4 months now and they do NOT add any new content!

we need 5 new raids plox! we finished em all on mythic and want something new now!

we also finished the legendary questline for our main and twinks  because we rushed throught everything!

now give us a new legendary and at LEAST 5 new raids with each 20 bosses and 5 or more new tiersets plox!

seriously kids..... get real.

simple solution: love it or leave it. 

11 million paying customers means some of you won't get their "wishes" fullfilled, your mommy could do that because you were her only child.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

You could apply that arguement to anything in the world you don't like, in which case why bother discussing - oh wait you were attacking someone for some unknown reason. If a developer wanted £120 a year of me for a game and gave me selfies and shops I would be complaining rather than attacking people who call it out. To help your clearly limited ability to evaluate, yoh have of coylurse considered that players are caught in a catch 22 because they don't east to leave because wow offers the raiding they want and they have thousands of hours invested in chars. Get it?

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Having fun and staying subbed....more than I can say for Eve that was a scam for subs.
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Originally posted by Thane

yea, really, what a shame!

the addon is out for 4 months now and they do NOT add any new content!

we need 5 new raids plox! we finished em all on mythic and want something new now!

we also finished the legendary questline for our main and twinks  because we rushed throught everything!

now give us a new legendary and at LEAST 5 new raids with each 20 bosses and 5 or more new tiersets plox!

seriously kids..... get real.

simple solution: love it or leave it. 

11 million paying customers means some of you won't get their "wishes" fullfilled, your mommy could do that because you were her only child.

That is the problem they are trying to cater to the young ADHD kids the last few years instead of catering to its actual player base which is mostly working adults.  They continue to dumb down and streamline this game in an attempt to attract new customers instead of adding content they has been successful for them over the years (hello 5 man dungeons!). Oh and by the way this game grossly misrepresents its actual sub numbers, I'd say there is only around probably 3-4 million subs in the west maybe less the rest are shit accounts from the Asian market.