Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon releases new video with gfx update

Comments

• JoppaJoppa Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Pepeq

Creating a realistic environment hasn't been out of anyone's reach... creating a realistic environment where your character doesn't look like a mannequin within it has been.  There should be a balance between the two, which is why stylized is often easier to achieve.

I know it's early in the development, but unless the characters reach the same level of fidelity, they will never be a part of their environment.

I agree wholeheartedly, and we're making gradual improvements.

With our team's size and resources, it's difficult to do full overhauls of any one aspect or system all at once. So we improve iteratively, but consistently. The player character models are one of the most important things for us to get right, and you will see them steadily and greatly improve and "settle" into the environment as we get closer to launch.

Creative Director, Lead Game Designer | Visionary Realms, Inc.

Visit the official website of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen at www.pantheonmmo.com!

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    https://www.pantheonrotf.com/signup found the supporter pledge page here
  • Could this be the MMORPG we have all been finally waiting for? 
  • KeatlorienKeatlorien Member Posts: 37
    Wow, that looked great! I going to start paying more attention to this one. 
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Guess am the only one where nothing really impressed me. Not sold yet on this game or company.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Brenics
    Guess am the only one where nothing really impressed me. Not sold yet on this game or company.

The grafics are not there to impress, but to look like a real world. And they do that VERY nicely.

Also, really not meaning this as an insult, but if i can trust your sig: I sure HOPE that someone that does like ESO will hate Pantheon. ESO is exactly the opposite of what i hope Pantheon to be.

So actually i am happy if you dislike it, makes me like it even more ;-)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258

Pantheon is back on my watch list.

Excellent video and the music is really fantastic.

It looks as if you guys have recovered from your earlier issues and are making some solid progress.

With all the positive steps you have taken, a few more of these updates and ill have to dust off the ole wallet and pledge.

Kudos.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195

In November video I was little disappointed about the graphic (environment, how mobs and characters looked like). However now it's the first time I feel you are really on right track with most things. The armor of the first guy running looks both functional and cool. No gigantic shoulder pads and armor as I have seen in so many games last years which I am so tired of. The few faces of the characters looks great also. Joppa, Kilsin, Brad and the rest of the team you are doing a great job, but I also hope you get someone who can help you with the assets, so you don't need to borrow everything from unity store as it's a risk it doesn't suit 100% the game and it can be hard to make good character creation if you don't do it yourself. However I really look forward to your next video. You have done huge progress. :)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Keep up the good work!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Not a lot of negative stuff about this title. It looks pretty good to me! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654

It's looking better with each update.  If you keep this up I may stop thinking this is vapourware image

But joking aside I'm impressed. Keep up the good work; you appear to be our last hope for a decent quality old school MMORPG.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      your  lookin  really sharp Pantheon team , keep up the good work , you are gettin my attention now..
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Amazing, I can't believe that is Unity.  Unity is great and I know you did your own thing with hit but wow.  This game was not even on my radar for some reason.  Graphics are the least of my concerns with games but this looks great all around.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I gave this video another look. You guys are onto something here, I can't quite put my finger on it.

For a moment there I got a Skyrim-esque feel. You know, that feeling of being immersed in a world of culture. Let me just say, if you guys keep up the soul and passion, you will get far.

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

I just wish i had 100+ bucks to give you just yet. Id really like to support this project, but just can't currently.

Don't suppose you guys need a semi professional alpha / beta tester tho? I have been paid to alphatest MMOs and other games in the past (you know, the past where money went the other way for testing stuff lol). Id love to help you guys out there, just really can not afford to help :-(

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Well looks really good. Keep up the good work. Will definitely buy when it comes out.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Bumping this as theres a lot of new people following Pantheon and they should see it for themselves.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Yeah I think Brad and Co will actually pull this out of the hat. A true Pve mmo with class roles and communities relying on each other to get things done. I loved Vanguard even with it's faults and this game could be all that Vanguard was meant to be and more.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Not only starting to look pretty good but the devs talking about how the tool sets are help speed up development is great to hear. I'd much rather see a decent looking mmo with the tools for efficient content development than the best looking game that is timely to develop.

You stay sassy!

• MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    If they would of gotten this far before trying the kickstarter they would of gotten all the pledges they needed.  I look forward to playing it in the future .
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

This looks really nice! 

Like a lot of people im hoping for a real EQish experience with a sub model and "smooth" launch..

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GediasGedias Member UncommonPosts: 46

Wow, that's a lot better than I thought it would look. It even looks better than most current MMOs. I've always wanted to try EQ1 or a similar game that forces you to group to level but I figured I would be put off by the graphics or clunky UI of EQ1.  And when I played Vanguard, the servers were pretty much dead and it was pretty solo-friendly to level, at least for the first 20 levels or so.

Anyway, if they can produce an updated EQ1, I'll definitely give it a try.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Gedias

Wow, that's a lot better than I thought it would look. It even looks better than most current MMOs. I've always wanted to try EQ1 or a similar game that forces you to group to level but I figured I would be put off by the graphics or clunky UI of EQ1.  And when I played Vanguard, the servers were pretty much dead and it was pretty solo-friendly to level, at least for the first 20 levels or so.

Anyway, if they can produce an updated EQ1, I'll definitely give it a try.

You must have played Vanguard when SOE had it for a while. They dumbed it down to solo mode. I can promise it was pretty much as awesome as EQ1 in the beginning before it got nerfed. :)

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Pretty, but most of the visuals in the video showed a camera facing one way, with movement along another way.  I don't know if that is tied to any character system, or simply using the art development tools to perform a 'fly-through' of the environment.  Both the desert and elven lands portions of the video (about half of the video) showed the different camera angles and movement direction.  Without even the rudimentary UI graphics from the first portion.

Still, the art work is wonderful.  Very cinematic.  The horizons were very impressive.  I hope they haven't used the typical impossibly steep hills technique to mimic a distant horizon (something that seemed to start with EQ1, and is pretty much in every game since).  The quality of the visual imagery shows a lot of talent from the artists working on the project.  Now, if the code and systems and game play match the quality of the graphics, this might be something.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.