Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by NeterP

Ranged Maces ofc:D

This :(

I was hoping for a melee class...

• InoriiInorii Member UncommonPosts: 2
    The new profession Revenant looks interesting, look forward to see it on the battlefield.

• SirShindaSirShinda Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Precursor crafting,  new class new map, new masteries so much to do! cmon pre order
  • tiagootirbtiagootirb Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This class looks awesome especially because they use heavy armor and i love the heavy armor skin in this game. #GW2HOT!
  • NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52

Revenant class seems to be one of the most original classes in a MMORPG. And with the Rytlock presentation... my god.

PS: I love the green tone of the T-shirt hahahaha, so awesome.

• WensyWensy Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I'm looking mostly for hammer weapon on reventant. I always liked that weapon but in gw2 I don't enjoy the skills for hammer on guardian or warrior.
  • GeekDadManGeekDadMan Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Seeing the way the Revenant's powers and skills are being handled is the most exciting thing I have learned so far. The GW2 team is demonstrating that they truly are looking for new ways to build upon and expand what their game is capable of and not just re-hashing or re-skinning old content. It'd a promising sign for their expansion and continued success.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    As an avid WVW player, what excites me most about the Revenant is how it handles/uses conditions. Right now, zergs running around are very condi heavy. I cant wait to run into one with a "legend" that turns all those conditions against them and empowers me. It will definitely shake up WVW and zergs, and I cant wait to see how it effects the current meta.
  • WilmerexWilmerex Member Posts: 1
    Seriously, who doesn't want to play a Legend? Also, I'm excited that it's also a heavy armor user, it's the only kind I like to play, I'm really glad they made it, looking forward to it.
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Gimme Gimme Gimme.
  • Noel84Noel84 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Revenant looks interesting, got my attention back to gw2 again.
  • wyyywyyy Member UncommonPosts: 10
    First class with some style and the ability to change utilities.
  • andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Hands down the unique class mechanic that is tying into energy management. Missed that ever since GW1.
  • poisonwellpoisonwell Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Its feel good they include finally GW1 lore through Revenant = Legends.  hype!
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    The ability to summon a dragon alone has me looking at this class.
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    A caster that wears heavy armor, now that's my jam!!!!! So going to dye the armor hot pink lol
  • AlaksiAlaksi Member CommonPosts: 1
    I played Wildstar little bit and I really enjoy it. When I saw twitch some new mechanics look same like in Wildstar, but that's only good, because Wildstar is amazing! Anyway in GW I love Mesmer, Necro and War. Revenant looks like combination of them. I just can't wait for release of Heart of Thornes!
  • jmzillajmzilla Member Posts: 1

My entry. Wondering if new players can buy the expansion only and participate in all the game modes/maps. I remember buying only the expansion back in the first Guild Wars and was not required to purchase the original game.

• octanicoctanic Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Can't wait for the Revenant and more than that...for its specializations. This game is gonna become so awesome and huge.
  • AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I like the Axe: Frigid Blitz skill. It sounds like a lot of fun when chained with another skills! Not so much of a Hammer fan but I think the Revenant should be holding the hammer and swinging it differently the normal human since this class is supposed to be powerful (with demon like strength). From what I've seen in videos so far, the hammer swinging style still makes it look like the hammer is too heavy for the class to wield! (hint: Thor)

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

Yeah it looks cool. I like the swapping system, and the new attack the fires out in front of you. Would like to see weapon swapping too though. Interested to see more about the traits.

The concept is pretty cool too, of the legendary heroes.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• GoathornsGoathorns Member UncommonPosts: 3
    The epic ranged hammer with shockwave attacks. :)
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

The Revenant profession seems cool, I believe it will have a specialization as well, my thoughts are on what that will end up being. How do you make a class like the Revenant cooler? I mean.. how are they going to make my Mesmer, Thief, Necromancer and Guardian cooler? 

Also the class reveal showed "Taunt" and it seems to work like an inverted Fear... so I wonder how that might be used to add better control to "control(tanking)" if at all. 

Yea that's the main thing on my mind, what is the Revenants Specialization? 

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    We've learnt a lot of really interesting info about the Revenant indeed...

One really exciting thing is the fact that the Revenants will be tied to legends of the past from GW lore: I've always loved games with rich lore, so I like the idea of having a character that acts as a bridge between gameplay and lore.

But - of all - the most exciting thing for me is the fact that the Revenant will come with a brand new gameplay (unseen before in other games) and a new resource for GW2. I really enjoy GW2 PvP so the perspective to stomp my opponents (literally and figuratively) in new ways is just the best news for me!

• ZnergieZnergie Member Posts: 1
    The Revenant profession, I love the mechanics it's really precise and strong. Also, what I love the most of the profession is the Hammer because you throw the hammer and it's stronger when you are at a longer range that the hammer will hit the target. The wall skill that the profession has also made me excited because it's a survival skill where you can keep yourself from range attacks which is quite cool. I like the Legends skills and the weapons that the Revenant wields. 
This discussion has been closed.