Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

Comments

• dizzyflamesdizzyflames Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I really like the idea of using skills from heroes of the past, and the skills themselves look really awesome as well.
  • SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    The idea of using the spirits of Legends of the past instead of focusing merely on weapons skills is intriguing to me.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• rockraprockrap Member UncommonPosts: 8
    The Revenant definately kindles the memories of the first two instalments of Guild Wars. Can't wait to take one for a test drive.
  • UltimaistanzaUltimaistanza Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Really like the vocal touches and the dialogue you get from channeling the legends. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • AtomicJAtomicJ Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I've been away from the game for about a year and I've been having a blast catching up.  Now, I'm looking forward to trying out the new class and mastery system!
  • GrizwhirlGrizwhirl Member UncommonPosts: 2
    The most exciting thing I learned is how well they are integrating the things I remember having to play through fighting Mallyx into an actual player class. That and the memories this class just keeps bringing back from with the legends mechanic. This class really feels like a throwback for their veteran crowd and every bit of information increases my excitement for the class
  • KhaunsharKhaunshar Member UncommonPosts: 349
    I actually really like the aesthetics they are going with for the Revenant! Its a little bit of a throwback to Ritualist and Necromancer!
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    I know they JUST announced two of the legends...but I really want to see more! 
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

The most exciting thing I've found about the Revenant is that the mechanics behind it allow for a lot of combat movement and shifting.     The TAUNT ability is obviously the biggest reveal because it's not just for the Revenant but other classes will get it through their Specilizations as well.   But there's also the Temporal Rift that tears the fabric of space and time into the Mists to make what is essentially a gravity well.  And there's the mist wall ability against projectiles that moves with the player; a huge step up from the Paladin's shield bubble that is static in place from where cast and cannot move.

I also really like  the Legend swapping effects the right-bar, not the left, that is big...huge info drop that I'm excited to learn more about.   With the Elementalist, their Attunments swap out which abilities they have in the 1-5 related to the weapon carried; only a few utility spells -such as the Elemental- uses this mechanic to change as well.    But from what's read about the Revenant is that their weapon is static (can't change during combat) and their utilities FLIP based on which of their two equipped Legends they swap to.  That's pretty cool.    Although from the images that they provided only the utility spells (heal + 3 utility) changed and the Elite skill stayed the same in both Legends channeled.

General use of the Mists for weapons, all powerful Legends for the Utility.     It is a bit different than what people thought though in that holding a Staff would channel a great mage from the past, a hammer of course would be a Dwarf and so on.    That's what you get the image form when you think of this at start, but consider that the races utilize all different types of weapons and even Elementalists use things like Daggers makes more logical sense to tie it to the person than the weapon held.  

If anything the way the Revenant is so similar to the Elementalist yet so different is what excites me the most.    The prospect of running around in full armor swapping from a tanky style Dwarf channeled to a destructive conditions Demon channeled sounds so cool (I can't say "looks cool" just yet until I see it on my Asura instead of some ugly kitty cat Char that they shown :P ).

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    The most exciting thing about it?  The fact that it even exists!  I was praying that the next class would be a heavy armor class due to there being less of those than the medium and light armor classes, and behold, my prayers are answered!

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• brukihrbrukihr Member Posts: 5
    I like the new taunt effect and really admire the spell color combination. This ought to be good.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    The taunt ability of the Revenant ( and other classes) is going to be an interesting change to the game. Here is hoping it works well...
  • SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    My favorite thing about the Revenant class is that it's not a copy of current classes but rather a sort of 2.0 version of what GW2 classes will become. So instead of just copying/pasting what is already existing with the current 8 classes they are instead raising the bar with the Revenant and from there bringing the other classes up to that level. An example of this is the new boons and conditions that the Revenant introduces and now other classes can access/sync to them as well
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Mallyx stance is probably my top choice, though what I am really excited about is that "a revenant can choose from a pool of legends"

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• FirbyFirby Member UncommonPosts: 33
    He throws hammers.  If that isn't enough of a reason to instantly want to be a Revenant, then you must realize that he also THROWS HAMMERS AT PEOPLE.  Thank you in advance for my shirt.
  • octopusxoctopusx Member UncommonPosts: 4

This profession is going to be a beast, both in spvp and wvw. Not so sure about pve though.

But yeah, it looks amazing and I can't way to play it!

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Taunting. It represents something that might actually start to possibly alter how dungeons in the game play out. There's a good reason none have really been added (aside from a path or so), and that's because nobody enjoys a majority of them. It doesn't help either that the first dungeon anyone was introduced to (Tombs of Ascalon) was an absolute nightmare in terms of difficulty spike. General strategy throughout most of it involved spamming the boulder knockdowns and little else, doubly so when you fight the twins - who you were required to keep separate from one another, and without any formal or true "aggro" mechanic, meant cheesing the fight as much as possible...

Which meant everyone had boulders. I don't want to see them embrace the "Holy Trinity" so to speak, but taunting represents something players can actually use to influence the attention of it's target. The doesn't support Tank/Healer/DPS, but it does push for DPS/Control/Support. And all Control ever really meant, far as I've seen, was slow or stop an enemy or enemies for a bit.

• Guildwars1996Guildwars1996 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This class is brilliant as it will allow GW1 players to reconnect with the lore and it will give GW2 exclusive players the opportunity to get more depth into the legends so this has to be the best class Anet could have introduced and I love it Heart of Thorns forever.
  • burakytburakyt Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I think Invoking legends sounds similar to dervish skill (which was in GW1) that transfroms yourself.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I love how the Revenant will draw power from the old characters in some form. By games using that idea for abilities it can make for some fun and exciting new dynamics:)
  • crusnik022crusnik022 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Maybe its time to come back in GW2 ,  wath i love about the class? well ....smash ppls in the face with MACES !!!! :P
  • mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I liked the flavour and unique play styles being offered by the two revealed slottable Legendary.  The screenshot of the Charr with Mallyx Legendary looks amazing!

• gfreak360gfreak360 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    looks like its gonna a great addition and ill fo sure play it
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Honestly, throwing hammers. Holy hell is that rad, on so many levels.

That and yay for more heavy armor classes! Now there are an equal number of light/medium/heavy armor classes, and that greatly pleases my OCD.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

I m looking forward to the seems like ability to taunt :)

This discussion has been closed.