Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We've partnered with ArenaNet to give away a bunch of awesome Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns swag! If you' haven't been keeping an eye on the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns announcements this week, ArenaNet unveiled the upcoming Revenant class, showed off four new skills, and gave fans an even closer look at everything during today's episode of Point of Interest.

With all of the reveals in mind, we'd like you to share with us the most exciting thing you learned about the Revenant this week. All you need to do to enter is post your thoughts on the Revenant reveals in the comments below. We'll accept entries through Thursday, February 26. Winners will be announced the following day on Friday, February 27.

OK, OK. But what about the prizes? Here's what we've got:

Grand Prize Winners (x2):

• 1x Guild Wars 2 Digital Deluxe Edition Key

• 1x Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-Shirt

• 1x Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pin

First Place Winners (x18):

• 1x Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-Shirt

• 1x Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pin

Runners-Up (x10):

• 1x Guild Wars 2 400 Gem Code

Please ensure that you only submit a single entry. Users found to have submitted multiple entries will be disqualified.

Comments

• bohrium924bohrium924 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    This expansion is going to be great, it appears they are listening to their fan base! Cannot Wait!
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I have been waiting for an expansion for a long time now, and I think it is going to be great. :)

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We want you to tell us what excites you most about the stuff you learned about the Revenant class this week. The above two entries don't count! :)
  • LordkrallLordkrall Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The fact that it does seem rather closely tied to old-school GW1 lore is really interesting. I also like the fact that they decided to go with the Ranged Hammer thing instead of just having yet another profession using the hammer more or less the same way as the others. 
  • Razorwalker69Razorwalker69 Member Posts: 1
    I'm really looking forward to the new Energy Source and not sure what it's called, but the ability that has you turn into a dragon for a nice attack :)
  • neotronneotron Member UncommonPosts: 47

It's a slim hope perhaps, but one thing that I found interesting was the additon of a taunt. I like that it works like a reverse fear for PvP but perhaps more enticing is the PvE implications. Perhaps we'll see a bit more structured group play even if I don't expect a full trinity setup. Hopefully taunt will also trickle out to Guardian and Warrior at least.

Also - THOR (well thrown hammers at least).

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    making chaos on the battlefield. Creating rifts with axes sounds good too
  • istolethisnameistolethisname Member UncommonPosts: 14

I'm looking forward to Revenant's Legendary Demon Stance, harness the power of the legendary demon Mallyx. What else is there not to like.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    The Legendary powers instead of Utility spells.  Sounds fun and offers a new way of playing that will make it feel different from all the other classes.  Plus, customizing which ancient Soul to use makes for even more variation and feeling unique.  Honestly, I'm just loving where they are going with class ideas and gives me a lot of hope for other future classes down the road.  Besides, who doesn't want to make a badass armor wearing, soul magic slinging while blindfolded, harbinger of destruction by the Mists!
  • wodnywodny Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I really like the fact that Revenant class is some kind of a throwback to original Guild Wars. You can become all those legendary heroes and you can use power of the Mists to destroy even the most dangerous foes. I will definitely try out this class.
  • keirionkeirion Member UncommonPosts: 51
    The energy function seems epic.
  • NeterPNeterP Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Ranged Maces ofc:D
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    I love how much they focused on Revenant story-wise with rytlock going into the mist and now turning into a Revenant and their ties with legends. can't wait, need a release date.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• venatisvenatis Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I'm looking forward to using those beautifully designed skills! Revenant sounds diverse and looks like a lot of fun. 
  • blacklionchestblacklionchest Member Posts: 1
    The thing that excites me most about the Rev is the way that it seems to be trailblazing a whole raft of new effects (slow, taunt, resistance), game mechanics (energy, upkeep), and technical capabilities (moving fields, detached camera, attacks chaining in a line, angled targeting reticle). While we're seeing these applied to the base Rev class at the moment, I definitely think that we're going to see all of the above sprinkled into the existing classes, if not base then certainly their specializations. Having a 'green field' project like introducing an entirely new archetype seems to have gotten the metaphorical creative juices flowing, and I'm hanging eagerly on every blog post and live stream to see what they tell us next.
  • Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103

Most be using the force with my new weapons from the source off the legends and story from that class finally a Heavy armor class i want to  play :D

Bad dyslexia so maybe i am typing abit wrong

Cheers

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    The class is a great addition to the game and gives me another heavy armored choice to play.  I really like the idea behind the stances and how they affect gameplay.  Seems like it's going to be similar like the engineer in a sense giving a player a lot of "tools" to choose from to really create a versatile and unpredictable type of opponent in PVP.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    So far the way it works to me is pretty cool how it switchs out the last 5 skills on your bar to fit the legendary you have selected is one of the more interesting profession set ups they have so far.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• StriyverStriyver Member Posts: 1
    I play a caster class and I look forward to an opportunity to play something new!!!
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 1

Rev reminds me of a heavy armor Ritualist from GW Factions. I spent many hours with that class way back in the day, and am so excited about this new GW2 expansion. Between all titles in GW1 and now GW2 I have put just over 5,170 hours into them. Easily my favorite series of all time, mostly due to the lore and care that Arena Net puts into their work. Of course the soundtrack by Jeremy Soule helps as well :)

The way the new skills look and the addition of legendary powers, it really looks like they will change the way we play our classes across the board. It will change PvP a lot im pretty sure, and make builds a lot more open and competitive.
  • obscuredobscured Member UncommonPosts: 62

The most exciting thing about the revenant i've read so far, is that he can invoke powers of legendary heroes and this is going to work like weapon swapping changing his skills and affecting his passives. Combined with the newly introduced energy bar this is going to be very interesting. Also the fact that Rytlock Brimstone is going to be the first revenant in the game makes it even more exciting for me!

• parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    it is an interesting class to play..i can not wait to play it. the fact that it has different source of powers which suited for different situation is interesting. 
  • MauroDiogoMauroDiogo Member UncommonPosts: 53

As someone that loves Art and the Artistic aspect in games I've always enjoyed how distinct the colours for each class are and the combination of the White, Red & Black for the Revenant really do a lot of justice to the spirit of the class.

Also, I'm quite excited about the use of the stances, including the secret ones that have been teased at and use of new technology for some of the spells! 

• TCovenantTCovenant Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I'm most excited for the new resource mechanic
  • Feanor4egFeanor4eg Member UncommonPosts: 7
    OMG! This is the best choice for my Nordic Stormy Barbarian as I wanted to play in GW2!
This discussion has been closed.