Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stil mad, Neva Forget

1235»

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,855
    Tierless said:
    Utinni said:
    Tierless said:
    What is the diff SWG EMU, SWG Legends, SWG Prophecy?
    SWGEMU is pre-cu content, no space (JTL). This has a decent playerbase but the least content by far. It's the original pick skills type SWG game. Crafting economy with limited resources. It's the purest form of SWG but also the most archaic and least content by a huge margin.

SWG Legends is the NGE (the one people hate on) using actual closing server source code with content added and modified over time. This server has space which is its own game itself, dungeons, pseudo raids, but has classes with specs sorta like early WoW. The classes are fun with typical MMO roles. The crafting is the same for the most part, with the same limited resource economy. This server has the largest population and staff by a large margin of any of the servers. Very active discord with lots of trading and healthy economy. Still a somewhat active PvP community and guilds for each type of player.

SWG Prophecy is sorta like Legends but has custom changes, space content and space PvP. It has the rare loot system, simplified crafting, new sets, and bonus token drops. It also is a server that used a database from a prior server, which allowed the people who played for a year on the prior server to keep all of their stuff. It's a very small community without much opportunity for growth as a crafter and hardly any groups running dungeons. All of the early player economic mechanics have been thwarted through QoL changes. As a new player you have virtually no way to contribute or gain credits aside from straight grind.

TLDR:

SWGEMU : Least players, least content, "original game"
    SWGLegends : Most players, most content "final version of the game"
    SWGProphecy : Small but friendly community. modded content but no economy to participate in.

Played each and enjoy each. As a new player I'd go with Legends as you'll actually see other people and if you've played MMOs you'll be somewhat familiar.
    Love your name and cant thank you enough. 
    They are all great for different reasons. I used to be a pre-cu guy until I played the final version of NGE and realized it had all of my favorite aspects. Housing, crafting, social aspects, buffing... it was all still there. If anything the NGE classes are more diverse than the early ones too imo. I still love and have accounts that I maintain currency on each though. It's just such a great game.
    Tierless
  • TierlessTierless ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,377
    Utinni said:
    Tierless said:
    Utinni said:
    Tierless said:
    SWGEMU is pre-cu content, no space (JTL). This has a decent playerbase but the least content by far. It's the original pick skills type SWG game. Crafting economy with limited resources. It's the purest form of SWG but also the most archaic and least content by a huge margin.

SWG Legends is the NGE (the one people hate on) using actual closing server source code with content added and modified over time. This server has space which is its own game itself, dungeons, pseudo raids, but has classes with specs sorta like early WoW. The classes are fun with typical MMO roles. The crafting is the same for the most part, with the same limited resource economy. This server has the largest population and staff by a large margin of any of the servers. Very active discord with lots of trading and healthy economy. Still a somewhat active PvP community and guilds for each type of player.

SWG Prophecy is sorta like Legends but has custom changes, space content and space PvP. It has the rare loot system, simplified crafting, new sets, and bonus token drops. It also is a server that used a database from a prior server, which allowed the people who played for a year on the prior server to keep all of their stuff. It's a very small community without much opportunity for growth as a crafter and hardly any groups running dungeons. All of the early player economic mechanics have been thwarted through QoL changes. As a new player you have virtually no way to contribute or gain credits aside from straight grind.

TLDR:

SWGProphecy : Small but friendly community. modded content but no economy to participate in.

Played each and enjoy each. As a new player I'd go with Legends as you'll actually see other people and if you've played MMOs you'll be somewhat familiar.
    They are all great for different reasons. I used to be a pre-cu guy until I played the final version of NGE and realized it had all of my favorite aspects. Housing, crafting, social aspects, buffing... it was all still there. If anything the NGE classes are more diverse than the early ones too imo. I still love and have accounts that I maintain currency on each though. It's just such a great game.
    Its hard for me because I felt the original class system is still the best ive seen. Being able to take points and spread the mover 2.5 classes made for so many fascinating, unique characters that felt like they were your own. The game itself, content wise, hit a stride the last couple years and added a ton of great content. So I suppose I want all the new content, with the old class sytem lol. But yeah I went into the Legends one and it felt great. 
    But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers, knowing no other path.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,855
    Tierless said:
    Utinni said:
    Tierless said:
    Utinni said:
    Tierless said:

TLDR:

Its hard for me because I felt the original class system is still the best ive seen. Being able to take points and spread the mover 2.5 classes made for so many fascinating, unique characters that felt like they were your own. The game itself, content wise, hit a stride the last couple years and added a ton of great content. So I suppose I want all the new content, with the old class sytem lol. But yeah I went into the Legends one and it felt great. 
    I enjoyed the skill-based class system for a bit but eventually you see its more the illusion of choice if you want to have a viable character. At least with the final NGE classes each has multiple viable specs that typically play differently. I was always a huge fan of the crafting/beast mastery/economy part of the game so since that remained the game was still lovely for me. That and I can't pass up having JTL. Glad you got back into it !
  • UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,023
    I know this feel, HoT was the NGE for GW2, for me.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.