Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stil mad, Neva Forget

124»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,654
    I personally did not like this game at all.
    Neither did I. I tried it just because a couple of people in my guild were raving about it. I went right back to DAoC after a very short look.
    Torval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • jeddakusjeddakus Member CommonPosts: 8
    I liked it and had a dozen friends to loved it but my pc at the time couldn't handle the lag. But I miss it at times. The profession set up and combat play always annoyed me a bit but I didn't play enough to really get into it. The thing I loved though was that there were jedi and although they were rare and hard to become it really meant something if you saw a jedi pass by. I've never seen that in today's world of "everyone" can be the best if they just level up.
  • Maximus_LacyMaximus_Lacy Member UncommonPosts: 27
    jeddakus said:
    I liked it and had a dozen friends to loved it but my pc at the time couldn't handle the lag. But I miss it at times. The profession set up and combat play always annoyed me a bit but I didn't play enough to really get into it. The thing I loved though was that there were jedi and although they were rare and hard to become it really meant something if you saw a jedi pass by. I've never seen that in today's world of "everyone" can be the best if they just level up.
    I think what truly made it great during that time was that though Jedi were rare and took immense grinding JUST to become force sensitive, there were still Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy that could beat them in a 1-on-1 battle.  And there were multiple ways to kill a Jedi, from Teras Kasi to Rifleman or Pistoleer, or even 1h Stun Batons, there was no one way to dominate the Galaxy.  
    "The end and object of conquest is to avoid doing the same thing as the conquered." - Alexander III of Macedon
  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,291
    This time of year this thread always gets some love. Why? "Released June 26, 2003" and we still can't forget her. She was truly once in a lifetime. 
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 6,944
    I didn't get to try it until well after NGE so I have no idea what it was like in its heyday.
    I didn't get to try it until well after NGE so I have no idea what it was like in its heyday.
    It felt lawless like EVE but looked nicer than any game at the time (and many now somehow). It was unpredictable, chaotic and dramatic while somehow being peaceful, creative and wonderful. It felt like an escape to another world that you never wanted to leave. It was living Star Wars. 
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 345
    TimEisen said:
    It felt lawless like EVE but looked nicer than any game at the time (and many now somehow). It was unpredictable, chaotic and dramatic while somehow being peaceful, creative and wonderful. It felt like an escape to another world that you never wanted to leave. It was living Star Wars. 

that sound like no game right now closer to it.
    TimEisen

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,574
    Remember remember the 15th of November, the NGE treason and plot. I know of no reason why the NGE treason should ever be forgot.
    TimEisen

"l heard joke once: Man goes to doctor, says he's depressed. Life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up.''
    Man bursts into tears. ''But doctor,... '' he says. ''l am Pagliacci.'' Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. . .Curtains."

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 863
    I'm guessing I'm in the minority of liking SWG a lot more after the NGE?
    blamo2000 said:
    In the end it had turned into a decent game with some really nice features. Some those features certainly were on par or better than some pre-NGE but overall the NGE profession system broke so much of what made SWG special to begin with it simply never felt the same (or as good) again (for me). 
  • MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,574
    TimEisen said:
    blamo2000 said:
    In the end it had turned into a decent game with some really nice features. Some those features certainly were on par or better than some pre-NGE but overall the NGE profession system broke so much of what made SWG special to begin with it simply never felt the same (or as good) again (for me). 
    Yeah it wasn't that the NGE version of the game sucked. It was that it totally changed the core game play wiping out hours and hours of player efforts and accomplishments. But even then that wasn't what so outraged SWG vets. Its the fact that the NGE was dropped by SOE in the most dick way possible. Without any forewarning, discussion, or feedback players launched the game, downloaded a big ass game patch and then logged on to find their precious game world changed forever. How the fuck would you feel about that?
    TimEisen

"l heard joke once: Man goes to doctor, says he's depressed. Life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up.''
    Man bursts into tears. ''But doctor,... '' he says. ''l am Pagliacci.'' Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. . .Curtains."

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,393
    Dilly dilly to never giving up on a feud. 
    MisterZebub

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 2,687
    Tried it a couple of times, couldn't get into it at all. Perhaps because of the schlock Sci Fi setting called star Wars, bleh....

"Invoking nerd rage one post at a time."

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    TimEisenMisterZebub
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
    lahnmir said:
    Tried it a couple of times, couldn't get into it at all. Perhaps because of the schlock Sci Fi setting called star Wars, bleh....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Don't tell my base but I wasn't a Star Wars fan growing up! Then I played Galaxies and became a fairly hardcore Star Wars fan. 
    lahnmir
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    TimEisen said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Don't tell my base but I wasn't a Star Wars fan growing up! Then I played Galaxies and became a fairly hardcore Star Wars fan. 

The same happened to me. The NGE dampened my Star Wars enthusiasm. Disney obliterated it with 'The Last Jedi'. I dabbled with a couple of emulators a few years ago, but there was no real community (no-one stuck around).